Registration Email sent, but Admin email only later when somebody logs into the forum

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
mwildam

Registration Email sent, but Admin email only later when somebody logs into the forum

Post by mwildam »

I have configured confirmation of new users by an Administrator.
When a new user registers on my v3.3.11 (currently most recent version), the user gets the email, but the Administrator does not - at least it seems so. After several tests I can say, that as soon as somebody logs into the forum the administrator notification mail is sent only then.
When logging in with the Administrator I can see the notification in the forum on top.

So finally I cannot be sure whether the administrator gets the email or if it depends on some interactions with the forum - maybe not only user login, but a simple refresh of the forum entry page is not sufficient. cron-functionality is configured to php and NOT crontab on operating system level.

My forum is for a small group of people so I cannot assume a lot of traffic. Therefore it might happen, that the administrator effectively may get the registration information one or two weeks later only. That obviously is not very good and may even prevent the small forum of growing right in the beginning.

Is there something I could do about, apart from using crontab? - My server hosting does not allow terminal access to crontab.
Greetings, Martin Wildam.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”