How to change font style on viewtopic print mode

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
lgis

How to change font style on viewtopic print mode

Post by lgis »

Any help in where to change (on .php files) the font style on viewtopic.php view=print mode?
(I want the print view in a specific font style: "font-family: monospace, courier;"

Thanks in advance.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: How to change font style on viewtopic print mode

Post by warmweer »

lgis wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:10 pm Any help in where to change (on .php files) the font style on viewtopic.php view=print mode?
(I want the print view in a specific font style: "font-family: monospace, courier;"

Thanks in advance.
have a look at /styles/your_style/theme/print.css
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
lgis

Post by lgis »

Ready! Thanks.

In case of "Cubes" theme, there was no such a file, so I did copied the one in prosilver theme and pasted in my theme directory and then I did the styles changes on it.

Thank very much for your promt reply and successful help.
Regards.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

lgis wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:44 pm Ready! Thanks.

In case of "Cubes" theme, there was no such a file, so I did copied the one in prosilver theme and pasted in my theme directory and then I did the styles changes on it.
Actually I posted without thinking it through and neglected to check whether other styles have a print.css and it turns out that of the 6 styles on my testboard, only prosilver has a print.css.
So good thinking on your part. (I actually suspect that editing the prosilver/theme/print.css and not copying it to the Cubes style would also have worked)
lgis wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:44 pm Thank very much for your promt reply and successful help.
You're welcome and I'm glad it worked out.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

lgis wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:44 pm In case of "Cubes" ....
Don't tell me you are running an outdated style on a latest version of phpBB??
Also I did some digging and the print view is broken in that style the print.css is missing (same for bidi.css).
So you fixed it by adding that file back :D
warmweer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:08 pm (I actually suspect that editing the prosilver/theme/print.css and not copying it to the Cubes style would also have worked)
Those files are not gonna be inherited unless you edit appropriate html files (they are not a part of stylesheet.css) that use them and the author of cubes didn't do that

The validators dropped the ball on this one ;)
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Mannix_ wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:33 pm
warmweer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:08 pm (I actually suspect that editing the prosilver/theme/print.css and not copying it to the Cubes style would also have worked)
Those files are not gonna be inherited unless you edit appropriate html files (they are not a part of stylesheet.css) that use them and the author of cubes didn't do that
Thanks. I didn't even think about stylesheet.css :oops:

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”