List of all pages in phpBB

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
Danny Wyatt
Name: Danny Wyatt

List of all pages in phpBB

Post by Danny Wyatt »

I want to customize my board's style and I would like to be 100% sure I'm not missing any pages/sections.
Are all pages available on a single folder that I can access and then check them 1 by 1, or are there pages that are in a different folder?
For example, if I'm on the home page, it's /index.php
If I'm on the User Control Panel, it's /ucp.php
etc...

I would like to make a list of all of those locations so I can then go one by one, make the changes and be sure I'm not missing any.

I found this page (https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... iles-list/), but this is related to the files themselves, which I don't want to touch. I just want to have a list of the actual URLs. So when I make a change to the .css (or some other file that requires other adjustments), I can just go to that particular URL and check if that's what I want it to look like. Now, that applied to all possible locations.

Hope it's making sense?
Last edited by P_I on Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Not a support question, moved to Styles Support & Discussion
DANNY WYATT - Musician, music producer, songwriter, DJ

🔗 Official Website: https://iamdannywyatt.com
📸 Instagram: https://instagram.com/iamdannywyatt
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: List of all pages in phpBB

Post by P_I »

Danny Wyatt wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:14 pm I want to customize my board's style
You might want to read phpBB • Creating & Modifying Styles and create a child style based on the existing style.
Template Inheritance

Template inheritance is arguably the most useful thing about phpBB's template-engine for style authors.

If you base a new style on an existing one, but you only want to change a few templates, you don't have to copy them all. This would create a lot of identical copies of files on your server, and things would get cluttered pretty soon. It would also become very tedious to merge all the changes to the templates, if the "parent" style were to receive an update.

Enter template inheritance, requiring nothing more than a single line in your style.cfg.

By specifying a "parent" in your style.cfg, the template-engine knows how to fall back to files of a different template-set if there is anything missing in the current one. The nice thing about this is that the process is completely transparent after template compilation and comes at practically no extra costs during runtime.

Basically this means that phpBB will try to find a file in your new style's template/ directory, but if it cannot find it, it will look for the file in each of the parents' template/ directories.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Danny Wyatt

Post by Danny Wyatt »

I will be using a style I bought as a template, so I'm not starting from scratch.
I already made a lot of changes to my current style, but I will be installing phpBB on a different domain and hosting and I want to start everything from scratch, making sure that I don't miss any pages.
But the link you provided, which I visited in the past, doesn't show me a list of all possible URLs.
For example, when I was styling my current board, most of my pages were styled, but once in a while I go to a URL where I noticed that for example a button is still showing the old version.
My goal is to be able to do all the styling once and then move on, knowing that there will be no pages that are still showing old styles.

You know what I mean?
Basically I want to have a list of all URLS such as:
Home page
Single post
All topics
Inbox
Login
etc...
Last edited by Mick on Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary full quotes.

Danny Wyatt

Post by Danny Wyatt »

For example, if I go to the Settings page (User Control Panel), the 1st page, which is by default the Overview tab > Front Page tab, is:
/ucp.php?I=177
If I click the Manage Subscriptions tab, it's now:
/ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=subscribed
If I click to edit the profile, it's
/ucp.php?I=178

etc...

I know that are probably dozens of pages, so I was wondering if there's a list somewhere with all of them that we can use as a "checklist" to make sure that we can visit every single one of them to make sure we don't miss any?

P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Danny Wyatt wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:28 pm I will be using a style I bought as a template
To receive style support, for styles obtained from this site, please visit our Styles database and post in the specific style's designated Discussion/Support forum. The link to the support area for each released style is also available in the first post of each released style listed in the [3.2.x] Styles Database Releases forum.

For styles not obtained from this site you would need to seek support from where you obtained the style.

Also please keep in mind that we have a six hour bumping rule. All team members and community members here are volunteers, so we ask you to wait at least six hours before bumping your topic or, if no-one has replied to your last post, edit your last post. Thanks!
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

I haven't seen such list. You gonna have to check all the places on your board manually topic/ucp/mcp all the links in the navbars etc there is a lot of repetition especially in ucp and mcp :)
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if you are working on styling then you only need to edit the html pages and the css files.
you should not have to touch any of the php files at all.
every page you can access in phpBB will be showing the html/css from one of those files in the template and theme folders of your style or its parent.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”