[3.3][DEV] Push notifications

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
erdman

[3.3][DEV] Push notifications

Post by erdman »

Hello.

I have a functional extension that adds push notification functionality using FCM.

Right now, I have spent countless hours on the extension already, but need someone with experience to help get this into beta followed with releasing it....

I currently have too many things hardcoded, most importantly the FCM config which will need to be put in other places.
Currently I am integrating with the regular notification, email or board, if you have any of these set you get a push notification. Would want to explore adding a third column for push notifications and send based on that logic.

While trivial, I have not created the structure for language support.

The to do list is a big one, and I am looking to partner with more folks to get it completed. I can upload to a public github if you think that will be better.

Feel free to PM me

Return to “Extensions in Development”