additional fields in Useradministration

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
effixx

additional fields in Useradministration

Post by effixx »

Hello,
I am relatively new here and have now taken on the task of reactivating an old phpBB forum version 1.? from 2000.
I have looked at the database of version 3.3 and actually need a few more fields in the member administration.
Is there a way to add dynamic fields here, similar to the fields from the phpbb_profile_fields table?
Maybe there is also an extension that provides these for me.
I would be grateful for tips

regards effixx
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: additional fields in Useradministration

Post by KevC »

They can be created in

users and groups
custom profile fields
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: additional fields in Useradministration

Post by warmweer »

effixx wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:35 pm Hello,
I am relatively new here and have now taken on the task of reactivating an old phpBB forum version 1.? from 2000.
I have looked at the database of version 3.3 and actually need a few more fields in the member administration.
Is there a way to add dynamic fields here, similar to the fields from the phpbb_profile_fields table?
Maybe there is also an extension that provides these for me.
I would be grateful for tips

regards effixx
There is no direct upgrade from phpBB 1.x to 3.0 or higher.
You'll have to upgrade (perhaps convert) to phpBB 2 first and then convert to 3.x.

If you need the files for phpBB 1 or 2.x see http://www.oldversion.com/windows/phpbb/.

You'll probably need to run an old personal webserver also (perhaps even in a Virtual Machine)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”