Custom styles and user's choice

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
hiran

Custom styles and user's choice

Post by hiran »

Hello there.

I inherited some phpbb 3.3.3 installation. It was running on the default style prosilver.
Since users asked I installed two more styles from the styles database: lucid_line and prosilver_dark.

I understand I have now three styles installed. Since the two custom ones are based on the first one, I get this display in the admin panel:

prosilver
+ lucid_line
+ prosilver_dark

I did not change the board's default, but as user I can switch to one of the two new styles. But why is the original style not available in the drop-down?
Is there any way for users to change their mind and go back to the default style?
SQLnovice

Re: Custom Themes and user's choice

Post by SQLnovice »

I think you're viewing the three from the context that Prosilver is the default.

Yes, anyone can switch back, so long as you do not deactivate Prosilver -- ACP, Customize, Styles.

Here you can manage the styles available on your board.
Please note you cannot uninstall the “prosilver” style as it is phpBB’s default and primary parent style.

If you change your default style, you should see Prosilver as one of the other two options available to you.
hiran

Post by hiran »

SQLnovice wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:18 am I think you're viewing the three from the context that Prosilver is the default.

Yes, anyone can switch back, so long as you do not deactivate Prosilver -- ACP, Customize, Styles.

Here you can manage the styles available on your board.
Please note you cannot uninstall the “prosilver” style as it is phpBB’s default and primary parent style.

If you change your default style, you should see Prosilver as one of the other two options available to you.
Prosilver is not uninstalled. And yes, I am looking initially at the fact that Prosilver is default.
You say only the two other options are offered in the combobox to choose styles.

But as soon as I choose one of the two options and it gets activated (I am on a dark style now) I return to the user control panel. There are still two options offered, but none of them goes back to Prosilver. Tried to make screenshots - but I do not get a shot of the dropped down combobox to show what options it displays. All I can show is I am on the correct dialog.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hiran on Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

It looks like you have deactivated prosilver. Go to install styles and turn it back on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
hiran

Re: Custom styles and user's choice

Post by hiran »

Indeed that was the trick. I did not deactivate the prosilver theme (at least not that I know of), but after activating it the user control panel shows three choices and thus allows the user to come back to the prosilver style.

Thank you so much for taking a look. :D
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Why is prosilver not v 3.3.11? (your printscreen shows 3.3.3).

That raises the question : How did you update (because all update methods would have updated prosilver)?
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
hiran

Post by hiran »

warmweer wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:44 pm Why is prosilver not v 3.3.11? (your printscreen shows 3.3.3).

That raises the question : How did you update (because all update methods would have updated prosilver)?
hiran wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:25 pm ... I inherited some phpbb 3.3.3 installation. ...
Looks reasonable to me.
But meanwhile we upgraded to 3.3.11 and all is good. :-)

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”