How does mass mail work internally to send email?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
wonder_wonder

How does mass mail work internally to send email?

Post by wonder_wonder »

I have in mind to send an email to all users, since we have converted the forum to phpbb and made some other changes, and I want to inform you about it, for that reason, I have been searching/reading a lot about this matter, but I have not been able to clarify the doubt.

As we read, we have the following:
In the config database table, this entry "queue_interval" defaults to 60 (which is 60 seconds).
This means that if I go to: ACP => general => email settings
And setting:
Email packet size: 5 (for example)
Maximum allowed email recipients: 50 (for example)

This means that it will send 5 packets of 50 emails every 60 seconds, which is a total of 5*50= 250 emails every 60 seconds?

It's right?

By the way, always unchecking the mass mail option:
Send immediately.
janus_zonstraal

Re: How does mass mail work internally to send email?

Post by janus_zonstraal »

It's right?
Yes that is correct, Tip: ask your provider how much mails you are allowed to send every hour/day
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
wonder_wonder

Re: How does mass mail work internally to send email?

Post by wonder_wonder »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:31 am
It's right?
Yes that is correct, Tip: ask your provider how much mails you are allowed to send every hour/day
Thank you!
I had that doubt and I haven't sent the email yet for that reason...

Yes, in principle, I have no limit or if I remember correctly, it was 1,000 per hour, which is not bad, but since I start receiving bounce emails...for this reason, I am going to lower the rate, thanks for the reminder it ;)

PS: I am aware that many users no longer have the email activated, I found the Userreminder for phpbb extension, but it made me a mess of sending...users told me that they received the same email 35 times, I had to remove it, but that is another matter topic that would go in the extension thread, not here :)

That said, thanks for your reply.

PS: me too, sorry for my bad English :)

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”