Permissions Bug/ problem?! (changes not saved)

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:21 pm

phpBB 3.0 will have complete support for PHP5.

The current code does work on most PHP5 configurations, we have made changes to ensure that it does over the past few releases - I've had it running on PHP5, as have about 50% of the team for testing purposes. However, it is still not officially supported on PHP5 because there are certain configurations that cause errors.

These mainly relate to those running some form of "code optimizer". Zend Optimizer 2.5.7 with PHP5 certainly has this issue as do some versions of MMCache/eAccelerator. The other area of difficulty is with the *BSD builds of the software for some reason. Downloads from php.net have all worked so far as we have been able to tell.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!

EscapeYourMind

Post by EscapeYourMind » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:04 pm

Thats good to hear.

Ya most of the forum functions work perfectly fine on PHP5, though some appear to be having problems. I am using Zend Optimizer 2.5.7 so apparently that seems to be where the problem with my installation is at. However I do not plan to downgrade anything, so I will just wait for phpbb 3 to come out.

The only places i seem to have problems with is saving permissions, and someone reported having a problem setting an avatar, however I have not looked into that close enough to verify that it is a php5 - phpbb2 problem.

DSontag

Post by DSontag » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:53 am

I agree -- and will also wait for v3 to be released. So far the only problem I've had is changing permissions which I've been able to get around by modifying the DB itself through phpMyAdmin. Hopefully I won't have to do too much of this before 3 is released since we are entering our slow time of year.

Thanks Graham for letting us know that this is being addressed in the newest version!
Deb

MikeTodd

Found a solution

Post by MikeTodd » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:35 am

This might just be a bandaid patch... it actually seems to be caused by a bug in php 5.0.3. Open admin/admin_ug_auth.php, and go to line 294. Comment out the following:

Code: Select all

( !isset($auth_access[$forum_id]['auth_mod']) && !empty($change_mod_list[$forum_id]['auth_mod']) ) 
and replace it with:

( !isset($auth_access[$forum_id]['auth_mod']) && $change_mod_list[$forum_id]['auth_mod'] )
Apparently, empty() returns false in cases that $change_mod_list[$forum_id]['auth_mod'] is actually set to 1. This took me a while to track down, especially since I have extremely little experience with the phpBB code. Spent about 30 minutes tracking it down and making the fix. >.< Seems to work now though. Good luck getting the same to work for your boards.

EscapeYourMind

Post by EscapeYourMind » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:26 pm

Thanks for the bandaid.. works for me!

dikdirk

works for me too

Post by dikdirk » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:43 am

It works for me too!

Thanks a lot!

Anon
Former Team Member

Re: Found a solution

Post by Anon » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:48 am

MikeTodd wrote: This might just be a bandaid patch... it actually seems to be caused by a bug in php 5.0.3. Open admin/admin_ug_auth.php, and go to line 294. Comment out the following:

( !isset($auth_access[$forum_id]['auth_mod']) && !empty($change_mod_list[$forum_id]['auth_mod']) ) 
and replace it with:

( !isset($auth_access[$forum_id]['auth_mod']) && $change_mod_list[$forum_id]['auth_mod'] )
Apparently, empty() returns false in cases that $change_mod_list[$forum_id]['auth_mod'] is actually set to 1. This took me a while to track down, especially since I have extremely little experience with the phpBB code. Spent about 30 minutes tracking it down and making the fix. >.< Seems to work now though. Good luck getting the same to work for your boards.

Thanks for that :D

I'd suggest you test that a little more (different servers if possible) and submit it to the KB, I can see a lot of phpbb.comers finding this extremely useful :D

ice11red

Post by ice11red » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:04 pm

I realize this is an old post, but I just ran into this problem as well when I moved my board to a new server. Once I moved the forum, one of my mods no longer showed up as one. I had the same problems where in the ACP permissions it was saving the changes for the user to be mod, but he didnt have mod abilities or his name under the forum name. I applied the line of code and it fixed it and allowed him to be mod. However. During the time I was trying to figure out what was going on I tried to demod one of my mods and it was showing up in the ACP permissions as the user being demodded, but they still had mod abilities and their name under the forum title. This happened even after applying the quick fix. Is there another kind of quick fix that can be applied to fix the demodding? Also, I checked my host's website and they are not running PHPv5, they are using php 4.3.11.

BlackStef

Post by BlackStef » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:39 pm

i have the same problem but on line 292 there is (on line 294 it's: {)

if (
( isset($auth_access[$forum_id]['auth_mod']) && $change_mod_list[$forum_id]['auth_mod'] != $auth_access[$forum_id]['auth_mod'] ) ||
)

So, it had to be fixed isn't it?

Though i've got still the problem

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:43 pm

I linked you to this topic so you could read it. It has a possible solution. Did you try it?

Also you still haven't told me if you are running PHP5
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

BlackStef

Post by BlackStef » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:44 pm

Yes I tried it: I just posted it!

Yes i have php 5

BlackStef

Post by BlackStef » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:45 pm

When comes phpbb3???

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by Marshalrusty » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:48 pm

BlackStef wrote: When comes phpbb3???

Here is what you did wrong

1) Posted a question that has ben asnwered 100 times: "when it's ready"
2) posted a question in a topic about a completely different issue

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by Marshalrusty » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:48 pm

BlackStef wrote: Yes I tried it: I just posted it!

Yes i have php 5

You will save a lot of work by downgrading to phpBB4

If this is at all possible, do it

BlackStef

Post by BlackStef » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:51 pm

I'm sorry but that is NOT offtopic! In the topic they say it will be solved in PHPBB3! I'm a new user, so i can't know what their reactions are!!!

Downgrading to php4 is impossible!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”