[RC3] Referral Plus v 1.3.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Redondo

Post by Redondo »

Ok. I understand your issue.
What I mean is that if you have a contest i.e. where the one who brings most people in wins a prize it would be good to have. Otherwise it's to simple to bring people who's not interested in the subject and therefore never visit the site again if you know what I mean.
Looking for: FI subice Xmas-pack
www.windsurf.se
Andy_Wilson

Post by Andy_Wilson »

@ MentalMaze - One problem i have v2.0.4 of ch :?
Dunno why it is not working. :(

Got the admin_users.php sorted thanks.

Andy
MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze »

Redondo wrote: Ok. I understand your issue.
What I mean is that if you have a contest i.e. where the one who brings most people in wins a prize it would be good to have. Otherwise it's to simple to bring people who's not interested in the subject and therefore never visit the site again if you know what I mean.

And I understand your issue. There are many issues here where I could end up pleasing one and making it harder on another. That is why I setup the Rewards: Users panel the way I did. If a user has one Visit and it is the same day they registered it may be the case that they never visit again, so does that make it a bad referral if they activated their account?

So for code to always be set may not be fair either. The other idea I am looking at is just removing them from the refer tables. But either way I am still not sure that some Admin decision is not the better way.

I will continue to think on this.
When I whisper of deep dark space or
Ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
Whereas there is in both space and time
MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze »

Andy_Wilson wrote: @ MentalMaze - One problem i have v2.0.4 of ch :?
Dunno why it is not working. :(

Got the admin_users.php sorted thanks.

Andy

Well I have not tested it on anything less then 2.1.x ch, so I am not sure either.

So what is still not working? If you are getting the same error as mentioned before, copy the root/* files over to your forum from the phpbb install, not the ch version and see what happens then. They will run on ch just the same but do a different handle of lang and nav.

Let me know if this does it.
Redondo

Post by Redondo »

I have no doubt you'll find a good solution MentalMaze :)
Keep up the good work.
Looking for: FI subice Xmas-pack
www.windsurf.se
Andy_Wilson

Post by Andy_Wilson »

Dude! It works! :D
Thanks alot MentalMaze!

Andy
MentalMaze

Back to BETA

Post by MentalMaze »

I am moving this topic back to beta to make a few changes in code errors and update the user side. I have made a few errors and found some in the original code from which this mod was built.

At any rate it will be a bit longer before it will be ready for the MODDB.

Here is a sneak preview of the new Referral Control Panel for the user side.

Referral Center Preview!

This alone will clean up much of the code issues, but will take a bit of time to sort out. I hope to have the next update out within the week.

This new concept for a control panel for users opens up new potential, so if you get any good ideas from looking at the pic, let me know. :)
MentalMaze

Progress Update!

Post by MentalMaze »

A little progress update. :)

Everything is working except a few switches. (removed most all html in code which requires to setup switching to handle this now and much more html in tpl's) :roll:

The code has been cleaned up quite a bit. The user side has been highly enhanced. Much more useable I think with the new Referral Center concept.

I will hopefully finish the switching by tonight and then I will fix up the docs and hopefully have something out by tomorrow for you to give a try.

If you like the new look then I think you will also find this much cleaner and still very configurable.

Thanks to all who have given me feedback to this point. I hope you will continue to do so.
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

Great mod, ill be installing this once you release the version with the fixed code changes
MentalMaze

UPDATE! Ver 1.1.1

Post by MentalMaze »

I have put the newest version up for download.

This will look quite a bit different then what you are used to.
This is a very important update!
  • A. There has been many changes to the code.
  • B. After this version, I will not support documents to update from any previous versions. Many changes have been made and barring any issues this may be submitted to the MODDB as is.
I have decided to put this out now as I feel if I do make any more changes they will be small at this point. Also, I am hoping if I missed anything one of you will catch it quickly. :)

P.S. I also updated the screen shots!!
MentalMaze

OOOPS

Post by MentalMaze »

I made an error in the install docs and forgot to put a change in them for profile_view_body.tpl

So if you are one of the few people who downloaded before I posted this, please download the new pack and check the change for templates/subSilver/profile_view_body.tpl

Thanks and sorry! :oops:
MentalMaze

UPDATE!

Post by MentalMaze »

I did a few small updates in the error handling and fixed a couple typos.

I think this handles all know issues and it does fix one error due to my typo. :)
So it should be applied. Very easy and very few edits. Mostly copy files.

Thanks again to all who have been so helpful during developement of Referral Plus. Without you many things could have gone un-checked.
MentalMaze

UPDATE! quick fix

Post by MentalMaze »

Forgot to add a couple of changed files to the pack. :oops:

So anyway updated version and fixed pack. This one is really easy just:

Code: Select all

copy root/admin/admin_rp_forum.php to admin/admin_rp_forum.php
copy root/templates/subSilver/admin/rp_forum_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/rp_forum_body.tpl
Sorry about that. Guess I need to slow down.
chattalk

Post by chattalk »

i updated my referral plus to the newest 1.. 1.1.3, but i'm having a couple problems.

1. The links in the overall header; only 2 of them show, the mini icons show for all of them, but the words only show for 2 of them. But the weird thing is, when i click on one of the 4 links, when i go to that page for either of them, then the words for all the links show up.
May sound confusing lol.. you can just chek it out if u dont understand what i mean, log into your account MentalMaze, and check it out if you want.. chattalk.x10hosting.com/forums

2. When a user has less than the post count amount to refer someone, then in their profile it just shows " : 1 " .. like it did before?

And one other thing, not really a problem; in the referral centre, beside the "Current Rewards" .. " = Your rewards..." then the number beside the " = " shows the users current amount of points, not the amount they have earned for referring someone.
MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze »

chattalk wrote: i updated my referral plus to the newest 1.. 1.1.3, but i'm having a couple problems.

1. The links in the overall header; only 2 of them show, the mini icons show for all of them, but the words only show for 2 of them. But the weird thing is, when i click on one of the 4 links, when i go to that page for either of them, then the words for all the links show up.
May sound confusing lol.. you can just chek it out if u dont understand what i mean, log into your account MentalMaze, and check it out if you want.. chattalk.x10hosting.com/forums

2. When a user has less than the post count amount to refer someone, then in their profile it just shows " : 1 " .. like it did before?

And one other thing, not really a problem; in the referral centre, beside the "Current Rewards" .. " = Your rewards..." then the number beside the " = " shows the users current amount of points, not the amount they have earned for referring someone.

:)
I started a long winded explanation but it will be easiest to do this:
Check edits in the following pages against the full install txt.
  • includes/page_header.php
  • includes/usercp_viewprofile.php
  • templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl
  • templates/subSilver/profile_view_body.tpl
Open those pages and find the adds and see if they match. Page header is most likely a lang issue and view profile is most likely a switch issue.

If this bears no fruit for you post those four pages as links and I will take a look. I will double check the install docs to be sure I didn't copy when I should have pasted or something. :)
But I installed this with easy mod on a fresh board to be sure all was in order and it installed perfectly.

Edit: Also as to the Rewards amount I suggest to use a Reward type only for Referrals, then this will not happen, or change the language in the ACP to reflect this is the total rewards for posting and referrals or something like that. If you set it the way I mention in the install docs people will only get that user_* for referrals and not for posting or any other action.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”