[RC1] RPG+

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Red Jacq

Post by Red Jacq »

mickeyfmann wrote: Hi just wanted to let all of you know that i've been playing with this mod and customizing it over the last few months and i've gotten to the point where i've made so many changes that i thought i would share things with you all. At the moment I am wrapping up some documentation and some final changes that i have in the works and then if anyone is interested i will post the package up here for you. I'm calling the mod RPG++ and Darkmonkey your credits are still in all the files, i just added my name to the things that i've created or changed.

Currently here are the corrections and changes i've made.

Corrections:
1.) The edit job function has been repaired
2.) The race setup now works properly for adding and subtracting stats
3.) Fixed a slight problem with the pay wages function
4.) Fixed a small problem with the edit user ability
5.) Fixed a the steal special item script
6.) Fixed a problem with the battle class that basically made it impossible for a player to dodge an AI attack.
7.) Fixed an issue with the battle class that caused problems with player limit breaks.

Changes:
1.) AI characters stats are no longer set by level, instead they have a new field called max level that sets a point at which the user will not see the AI after they pass this level (this was done to prevent one hit kills on each side)
2.) Admins can now set a variable that will determine how much money (per enemy level) that a player will receive upon winning.
3.) Admins can now set a variable that will determine the percentage for AI characters to drop items upon their death.
4.) Admins can now set a variable that will set a max user item number, so that no matter what level a user can't hold more than a certain number of items.
5.) Level up stats are no longer controlled soley by the learning curve variable in the Main options, the new system makes use of random numbers to help balance things out.
6.) Added a new special item script that works like a healing spell deducting mp for health.
7.) Changed the Battle setup so that random battles are not governed by a wait time. Meaning players can engage random monsters as often as they come across them. Also these battles do not set the times in player profiles so they are still free to wage an arena battle. I've also made the changes necessary to keep users from hacking this ability.

Thats what i currently have done, i also plan to change player attacks making them use pp points and making them combined power onto what ever weapon you use.

let me know if this sounds interesting to you.

Micky I am really interested! Where can I download your changes to the scripts?

mickeyfmann

Post by mickeyfmann »

Red Jacq wrote:
mickeyfmann wrote:Hi just wanted to let all of you know that i've been playing with this mod and customizing it over the last few months and i've gotten to the point where i've made so many changes that i thought i would share things with you all. At the moment I am wrapping up some documentation and some final changes that i have in the works and then if anyone is interested i will post the package up here for you. I'm calling the mod RPG++ and Darkmonkey your credits are still in all the files, i just added my name to the things that i've created or changed.

Currently here are the corrections and changes i've made.

Corrections:
1.) The edit job function has been repaired
2.) The race setup now works properly for adding and subtracting stats
3.) Fixed a slight problem with the pay wages function
4.) Fixed a small problem with the edit user ability
5.) Fixed a the steal special item script
6.) Fixed a problem with the battle class that basically made it impossible for a player to dodge an AI attack.
7.) Fixed an issue with the battle class that caused problems with player limit breaks.

Changes:
1.) AI characters stats are no longer set by level, instead they have a new field called max level that sets a point at which the user will not see the AI after they pass this level (this was done to prevent one hit kills on each side)
2.) Admins can now set a variable that will determine how much money (per enemy level) that a player will receive upon winning.
3.) Admins can now set a variable that will determine the percentage for AI characters to drop items upon their death.
4.) Admins can now set a variable that will set a max user item number, so that no matter what level a user can't hold more than a certain number of items.
5.) Level up stats are no longer controlled soley by the learning curve variable in the Main options, the new system makes use of random numbers to help balance things out.
6.) Added a new special item script that works like a healing spell deducting mp for health.
7.) Changed the Battle setup so that random battles are not governed by a wait time. Meaning players can engage random monsters as often as they come across them. Also these battles do not set the times in player profiles so they are still free to wage an arena battle. I've also made the changes necessary to keep users from hacking this ability.

Thats what i currently have done, i also plan to change player attacks making them use pp points and making them combined power onto what ever weapon you use.

let me know if this sounds interesting to you.

Micky I am really interested! Where can I download your changes to the scripts?

I will have the updated pack up some time next week as i said i want to finish a few things and document the whole deal better, so that future modders can understand my code.

Lordrea

Post by Lordrea »

could you possibly add a new item type called "misc" or something like that? Just a catagory for items that aren't battle-related.

Red Jacq

Post by Red Jacq »

mickeyfmann wrote: I will have the updated pack up some time next week as i said i want to finish a few things and document the whole deal better, so that future modders can understand my code.

Wonderful!!! I look forward to it!

How hard would it be to have Usergroups battle AI's? And maybe one another?

Thank you in advance!

mickeyfmann

Post by mickeyfmann »

Red Jacq wrote: Wonderful!!! I look forward to it!

Thank you in advance!

I'm not sure what you mean here m8, please elaborate for me a bit, are you saying that you would like more than one player to fight AI characters?
could you possibly add a new item type called "misc" or something like that? Just a catagory for items that aren't battle-related.

Well this could be done but it would be a useless item and would have no effect in the game, infact it'd prolly just be easier to make it a special but give it a dummy script that only give a message or something.

I did forget to mention one other thing i've added and that is i've implemeted the element stuff. Basically when attacking an opponent of an opposing element your attack will be stronger. This attribute has also been added to AI characters.

KingOfDarkness

Post by KingOfDarkness »

I installed this MOD properly and everything and it messed up my forum... :cry:

Red Jacq

Post by Red Jacq »

mickeyfmann wrote:
Red Jacq wrote:
Wonderful!!! I look forward to it!

Thank you in advance!

I'm not sure what you mean here m8, please elaborate for me a bit, are you saying that you would like more than one player to fight AI characters?
As I was sitting here compemplating a reply, the answer came to me. I'll just have the Usergroups create a login. Sorry for the request. Saying it outloud helped though! I still look forward to all your mod!

KingOfDarkness

Post by KingOfDarkness »

*signs*

:roll: I got it fixed...
Last edited by KingOfDarkness on Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IPlasma

Post by IPlasma »

Hi Mickey im interested too with your changes, any release date ? Ty

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

no feature list?

Vilu Daskar

Post by Vilu Daskar »

mickeyfmann, I look forward to seeing what you have made. :wink:
Any ideas when you will have this out?

~Daskar
I am me. Fear me.

ententeak

Post by ententeak »

Hello, i am a beginner in phpBB and english, but....
how use any defense (magic def.) item??
Thanks for ansfer...

unipt

Post by unipt »

Hey. just instaled with Easymod, it says it's complete but then i get a bunch of erros. All sql errors.

llj143

Post by llj143 »

just installed the mod, but im still experiencing some errors i get this when i viewtopic

Code: Select all

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'f.in_rpg' in 'field list'

SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_status, t.topic_replies, t.topic_time, t.topic_type, t.topic_vote, t.topic_last_post_id, f.forum_name, f.forum_status, f.forum_password, f.forum_id, f.auth_view, f.auth_read, f.auth_post, f.auth_reply, f.auth_edit, f.auth_delete, f.auth_sticky, f.auth_announce, f.auth_pollcreate, f.auth_vote, f.in_rpg, f.forum_battles, f.auth_attachments, f.forum_rules, f.rules_display_title, f.rules_custom_title, f.rules_in_viewtopic FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_forums f WHERE t.topic_id = 108 AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id
Line : 169
File : viewtopic.php
i already execute the rpg_install.php

when executing others was success and the others were duplicated entries ( already exists )

NezduQ

Post by NezduQ »

I was wondering what EasyMOD was and where you get it? If you could give me a reply, I would be very grateful.

ADD: nevermind, I found what it is, but still I can't download it...

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”