[RC1] Change Author of Post v1.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
chilling

[RC1] Change Author of Post v1.0.0

Post by chilling »

This MOD allows Administrators to change the original author of a post to a new author. It does the following:
  • posts.poster_id - change to new user_id (virtual user)
  • topic.topic_poster - update to the virtual user if the post is the first post of the topic
  • users.user_posts - increase the virtual user_posts by one and decrease the actual user_posts by one
  • logs all changes in a new phpbb table called: phpbb_posts_author_change. Currently there is no UI to view this log file.
Name: Change Author of Post
Version: 1.0.0 (Submitted to MODS DB)
Download: mod-Change_Author (Check here for latest infomation.)
(you will need to be registered on our forum to download the files - Register)

History:
  • 2005-10-11 - 1.0.0
    * No changes from BETA 0.0.3
  • 2005-09-08 - BETA 0.0.3
    * Fixed error "Post_not_exist, Post:" when trying to move or delete posting [FIX BY: n0obie4life]
  • 2005-07-28 - BETA 0.0.2
    * Fixed icon_author display
    + Added 'View_Author' to lang_main.php so that lang_change_author.php is only called when actually changing the posting
  • 2005-06-21 - BETA 0.0.1
    This is the first release of this MOD.
    There is no known issues or outstanding functionality.
Functionality which might be added:
  • Script to view the audit file of posts changed ie the display of phpbb_posts_author_change from the admin panel.
  • Ability for Admin users to post the inital posting as another user
  • Add User_ID on Admin modifying the post to the audit file [REQ: kazper]
  • Replace all username with this username in the whole board. [REQ: n0obie4life]
  • Replace all username with this username in this partiticular forum. [REQ: n0obie4life]
  • Replace all username with this username in this partiticular topic. [REQ: n0obie4life]
  • Make notice line in post "Last edited by ...." optional [REQ: n0obie4life]
Support:
Please report bugs and ask support queries on at Triplentry Solutions Forum » phpBB MODs » MOD Other » Change Author of Post vX.X.X as this forum is continually monitored.
Last edited by chilling on Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:07 am, edited 9 times in total.
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
https://www.spadental.co.uk
Tom_OH

Post by Tom_OH »

Don't you think it would be helpful if the mod could be downloaded somewhere? Your private php-board does not recognize new registrations (it's not sending out the verification e-mail...) and the link here only leads to the overview....

Pretty annoying.

Tom
oc5iD

Post by oc5iD »

=cipher=

Post by =cipher= »

Hey,

This is a great mod. Although, version 0.0.1 had some errors or coding that should have been a bit better with in. I have corrected them my self, but I am not updating to version 0.0.2 until something fabulous happens with this mod. Although its a great and usefull mod! :D
Best Regards:
Aaron McGowan / =cipher=

Head Programmer for The Tech Base
Junior Programmer for Triplentry Solutions
chilling

Post by chilling »

=cipher= wrote: Although, version 0.0.1 had some errors or coding that should have been a bit better with in.
What errors ... lets us all know as there is no difference in the 0.0.1 to 0.0.2 basic code, just the change in $lang variable and $image variable and added the icon_author. If there are errors in the code please point them out so that I can update the MOD. Thanks
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
chilling

Post by chilling »

Tom_OH wrote: Your private php-board does not recognize new registrations (it's not sending out the verification e-mail...)
No idea why the board is not sending out email verification ... will check on that now and update.
oc5iD wrote: I downloaded it for you:
oc6iD - did you register and receive an email from our board yesterday so that you were able to download it, or had you previously been registered?
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
chilling

Post by chilling »

Tom_OH wrote: it's not sending out the verification e-mail...
Hi Tom could you ask our forum to resend your username and password. There appears to have been a fault in the DNS setting of the mail server as the PTR record was not repling with the correct address - hopefully fixed now :)
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
oc5iD

Post by oc5iD »

oc6iD - did you register and receive an email from our board yesterday so that you were able to download it, or had you previously been registered?

I just registered (Check the last user registered) and there was no problems, the other other people having problems must be using a bad email address maybe?
kazper

Post by kazper »

This looks very interesting. However, I have a couple of questions.

1) Who can use this to change author? Only administrators, all mods, or only the main (board) admin? The post says admins, but my first glance in the code seems to tell me mods can too, which IMHO is way more power than I want them to have....

2) Is a record kept of who uses this to change author of a post, original and new author, etc, or does it just plain overwrite the poster_id with no way to track possible abuse?
chilling

Post by chilling »

kazper wrote: Who can use this to change author?
I was under the impression that I had written it only for Admins ... will have to check on that :)
kazper wrote: Is a record kept of who uses this to change author of a post, original and new author, etc, or does it just plain overwrite the poster_id with no way to track possible abuse?
Good question ... currently I am only tracking the following information it the autdit table

Code: Select all

Table: phpbb_posts_author_change` 
  `post_id` 
  `original_author_id` 
  `new_author_id` 
  `post_time_original` 
  `post_time_new` 
I assume that I did not include "current user" because I think I coded as though it is only Admins who have access. ... I add that to the list of function requests for a later version.
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

chilling wrote:
Tom_OH wrote:it's not sending out the verification e-mail...
Hi Tom could you ask our forum to resend your username and password. There appears to have been a fault in the DNS setting of the mail server as the PTR record was not repling with the correct address - hopefully fixed now :)

Hi there, i was checking the link u gave us, and..

your FORUM, as mentioned in your above post have this link: http://forum.trilentry.com/ .. my browsers says that link it is not working or something like that.
I was also looking at the =cipher='s signature, that says he's a Junior Programmer for Triplentry Solutions.

What the hell is it going on? Am i dumb or is it something wrong there? (I saw the above answer you gave him and also I took a look to your own signature that have the same link: Triplentry Solutions) ?

An answer will be appreciated, the question may be not. :)

Greets
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
chilling

Post by chilling »

3Di wrote: .. my browsers says that link it is not working or something like that.
I have just checked the links they all appear to be working - could you be a little bit more specific as to which link is not working - thanks.
3Di wrote: I was also looking at the =cipher='s signature, that says he's a Junior Programmer for Triplentry Solutions.
=cipher= is a student in Canada who was keen to do some programming for us but he has now moved and is on holiday at the moment....... programming never got started :(.
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

chilling wrote:
3Di wrote:.. my browsers says that link it is not working or something like that.
I have just checked the links they all appear to be working - could you be a little bit more specific as to which link is not working - thanks.
3Di wrote: I was also looking at the =cipher='s signature, that says he's a Junior Programmer for Triplentry Solutions.
=cipher= is a student in Canada who was keen to do some programming for us but he has now moved and is on holiday at the moment....... programming never got started :(.

I see.

http://forum.trilentry.com/ =
° IE6 .. it is not possible to find the server or DNS error
° Netscape 8.0.1 .. forum.trilentry.com could not be found.Please check the name and try it again.
(the link has been copied with the right mouse click ;) )

about =cipher= : you sure? I was looking at his own history on phpBB.com and other GREAT MODder's boards and i saw his signature linking to you since about 2 months ago, is that somehow strange? It is not my business, i liked you to know.

Have a good day. 8)
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
chilling

Post by chilling »

What is the IP address of you DNS server

.... using www.dnsstuff.com we appear to have a problem with a missing (stealth) nameserver. I have no idea what one of those are :oops:
FAIL: You have one or more missing (stealth) nameservers. The following nameserver(s) are listed (at your nameservers) as nameservers for your domain, but are not listed at the the parent nameservers (therefore, they may or may not get used, depending on whether your DNS servers return them in the authority section for other requests, per RFC2181 5.4.1). You need to make sure that these stealth nameservers are working; if they are not responding, you may have serious problems! The DNS Report will not query these servers, so you need to be very careful that they are working properly.

ns.triplentry.com.
This is listed as an ERROR because there are some cases where nasty problems can occur (if the TTLs vary from the NS records at the root servers and the NS records point to your own domain, for example).
I will have to get onto the network guys again to see if they can resolve the problem.

Re =cipher= yep sounds about right, got all excited but exams and holidays got in his way .... I assume that he will re-appear at some point. Thanks for the heads up on that one.
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

I guess i spent my time for nothing. Good luck. :P

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”