Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Tux_Rules

Re: PDF files do not display

Post by Tux_Rules »

topaz505 wrote: Main problem: I cannot directly open and display attached PDF files, I must first download (right mouse button, Save as), then open under Windows. DOC and XLS work, why not PDF?

Secondary problem: this Topic has 692 pages ; it is unmanageable. Is there anything that could be done about it? Split it off as a seperate Forum?

Tercary problem: giving "pdf" as a string to search only this Forum returns all pages! Is there a known problem with Search; it never works very discriminately for me . . .

Go to the ACP -> Extensions -> Extension Group Control. PDF is part of the "Documents" Extension Group, and by default is not allowed by default. Put the check in the box to allow it and make sure "inlined" for the "Download Mode".

As for:
Tercary problem: giving "pdf" as a string to search only this Forum returns all pages! Is there a known problem with Search; it never works very discriminately for me

PHP by default (IIRC) excludeds 3 or less character search strings.
Tux_Rules

Re: Mod with Morpheus eXtreme

Post by Tux_Rules »

Grim~Reefer wrote: Hi.

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, however ~700 pages is a VERY lot to read through!.

I would like to know how you get this mod to work with Morpheus eXtreme styles. It just dosn't show up at all in the post when the style is set to Morpheus eXtreme Blue, but does when it is set to subSilver.

I have a board (version 2.0.17) with the only other mod being eXtreme Styles. The Attachment Mod works with subSilver, however not with the Morpheus eXtreme styles.

Can anyone help me with this, i have searched for the answer, and it is probably under my nose and i have not seen it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Jono

Double check all the code for proper editing and make sure all the necessary files from the attach_mod/root/templates/subSilver have been copied to the Morpheus template.
sucofocus

Please help! Upgraded phpbb, now attachment mod not working

Post by sucofocus »

Hi
I've just upgraded my phpbb from 2.0.13 to 2.0.17 (latest version) and now my attachment mod doesn't work. The section is still available under the admin control panel but the pages show a load of missing fields/data. On the phpbb web pages there is no longer the option to upload and the previous attachments no longer show within the messages. Is this just missing data in mysql and if so how do i go about fixing this asap?
Thank you so much for your help!
Ever grateful, Krishan :oops:
Tux_Rules

Re: Please help! Upgraded phpbb, now attachment mod not work

Post by Tux_Rules »

sucofocus wrote: Hi
I've just upgraded my phpbb from 2.0.13 to 2.0.17 (latest version) and now my attachment mod doesn't work. The section is still available under the admin control panel but the pages show a load of missing fields/data. On the phpbb web pages there is no longer the option to upload and the previous attachments no longer show within the messages. Is this just missing data in mysql and if so how do i go about fixing this asap?

How did you update to 2.0.17 and do you have any MODs installed? If you updated by useing the changed files (2.0.13 to 2.0.17), you would have overwrote some attach MOD edited files and will have to re-edit the files.
sucofocus

Re: Please help! Upgraded phpbb, now attachment mod not work

Post by sucofocus »

Tux_Rules wrote:
sucofocus wrote:Hi

How did you update to 2.0.17 and do you have any MODs installed? If you updated by useing the changed files (2.0.13 to 2.0.17), you would have overwrote some attach MOD edited files and will have to re-edit the files.

Thanks, I updated using the changed files. Where do i get pre-modified files to overwrite the original files?
Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

Celtland wrote: I've searched the internet and cannot find anything - so I apologize if this has been asked before (I did not search through all ~700 pages of this thread, however, so please don't be angry with me). Is it possible to transfer the attachment mod to a new server - with links to the files still intact in posts?

I have no problems with restoring a backup to a new server. I tried:

1. New phpBB install
2. Updated to latest version
3. Installed attachment mod
4. Uploaded all files (backed up from previous server) to "files" folder
5. Restored the database downloaded from old phpBB install
6. Resynchronized Attachments in ACP

All attachments are now Shadow Attachments - no links appear in posts. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

What I would suggest is to start with a new forum that is of the same version as the backup you are using. Get it up and running, upload the backup and then update to the newest version. I would think that that would work, but then again, I am not sure how the attachment MOD stores the info in the database. You might have to use phpMyAdmin to edit each entry in the database for any attachments.
kuraitenshi

Post by kuraitenshi »

Could anyone help me? I can attach things just fine, but they aren't made into thumbnails when I do so. This really stretches the forums at times. I've checked and my server settings say that ImageMagick is installed. I get this error when I attach anything:

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/ethereal/public_html/forums/files/thumbs/t_vaati_808.jpg' for writing in /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 215

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/ethereal/public_html/forums/files/thumbs/t_vaati_808.jpg' for writing in /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 215

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:215) in /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 498

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:215) in /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 500

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:215) in /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 501
Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

kuraitenshi wrote: Could anyone help me? I can attach things just fine, but they aren't made into thumbnails when I do so. This really stretches the forums at times. I've checked and my server settings say that ImageMagick is installed. I get this error when I attach anything:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:215) in /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 498

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:215) in /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 500

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:215) in /home/ethereal/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 501

Do you have a directory named "thumbs" with a copy of the index.php file from the "images" directory ( it would look like images/thumbs/) and the permissions set to 777?
kuraitenshi

Post by kuraitenshi »

The index.php wasn't in my thumbs folder. Thank you very much for helping. ^_^ You're in almost all of the help threads and I appreciate it very much, Tux.
allanhardy

Post by allanhardy »

Hi,
I have strange problem. I have added AttachMod to 2.0.17 borad with PCP and Save as Draft mods (among others)

It all works fine for many users. Both in PMS and Posts.

However one user is swearing and describing new posts screen which do not include the add attachment box/body.

Any ideas at all one where to look for this? I've gone through the code beleary eyed and cant find any conditionals/logic that would account for this beahvior.

Allan
bigbear

Post by bigbear »

close to 700 pages and finding the answer to my question will be hard, so please forgive me if this question has been asked before:

Has anyone gotten this mod to work with CH mod? I get error messages with my includes/auth.php file I think.
My Gallery
My Photography Forum
Looking for kind php souls to improve my site.
Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

bigbear wrote: close to 700 pages and finding the answer to my question will be hard, so please forgive me if this question has been asked before:

Has anyone gotten this mod to work with CH mod? I get error messages with my includes/auth.php file I think.

One page back :wink:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 96#1700796
Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

kuraitenshi wrote: The index.php wasn't in my thumbs folder. Thank you very much for helping. ^_^ You're in almost all of the help threads and I appreciate it very much, Tux.

Glad I could help!
Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules »

allanhardy wrote: Hi,
I have strange problem. I have added AttachMod to 2.0.17 borad with PCP and Save as Draft mods (among others)

It all works fine for many users. Both in PMS and Posts.

However one user is swearing and describing new posts screen which do not include the add attachment box/body.

Any ideas at all one where to look for this? I've gone through the code beleary eyed and cant find any conditionals/logic that would account for this beahvior.

Allan

Very odd for only one user to have problems. What do they use for a browser? Have them take a screenshot.
akslee

Post by akslee »

Tux_Rules wrote:
akslee wrote:Can anyone tell me if this is normal, and how I might be able to fix this?

I attach a filename called abc.zip for example. Everything works fine except when I download it, the forum automatically renames it to abc_127.zip

The prefix is usually some random numbers after the intended filename.

Actually, it is renamed when uploaded/posted. Are you using the FTP method to upload/download?

This was solved when I updated to 2.0.17, and replaced viewtopic.php as well
"If you have a great time teaching your child, and your child has a great time, there simply isn't anyway you can lose."

www.ChildBrain.org

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”