Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

The Suite

Post by The Suite »

Nightrider,

I feel a lil dumb here so please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area ok :-)

The coded Skityle posted a few posts ago was I to add that to the overhead_header.tpl code?

And that find and replace that you mentions was that to be chnged in the cosed Skistyle posted or in my present over_header file?

Please advise.
Much appreciloved,

The Suite
Thank you :-)
The IT Security Information Center
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

The Suite wrote: Nightrider,

I feel a lil dumb here so please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area ok :-)

The coded Skityle posted a few posts ago was I to add that to the overhead_header.tpl code?

And that find and replace that you mentions was that to be chnged in the cosed Skistyle posted or in my present over_header file?

Please advise.

You don't need to feel dumb. We all had to learn this at some time or another too. We've all been there, done that...

I wasn't quite sure why skistyle posted the overall_header code. I think (s)he was trying to show you what it looked like or something. You don't want to add it to your overall_header.tpl code though. Your file should already have something similar. What template(s) are you using???

The code I provided with the FIND and REPLACE WITH sections was to modify your Part 1 Topic Calendar file so that it will work in most of your templates using EasyMod. Find that section that I displayed in the FIND code segment and replace it with the code I provided in the REPLACE WITH code section. Save your Part 1 TC file and upload it to your admin/mods Part 1 folder. Then try to run it again using EasyMod. The changes I gave you should get you past that problem in the Part 1 MOD file...

If you get any warning errors again on that section, that would mean that you are probably not using a standard template. You can still continue with the install using EM and we can then go investigate your code and come up with something that will work in your overall_header file...

:lol:
The Suite

Post by The Suite »

NightriderXP wrote: You don't need to feel dumb. We all had to learn this at some time or another too. We've all been there, done that...

Nightrider,

I wish most people were as open minded and realistic to that fact. Sometimes just the way they talk and act as if they were born with the gift of coding the MODs :-)

Anyway,

Step 3 of 3
Installation Complete!
Installation of this MOD is now complete! You should verify that the MOD is now functioning properly for all installed themes and languages.

Thanks a mil my friend, your suggestion worked like a charm and that's the result, now I can go test and setup the calendar :-). I feel so happy right now.

Thanks a mil and I really love the way you guys are helpful to us newfies :-).

Keep up the good work.
Much appreciloved,

The Suite
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Yahooooo!!! I love success stories. You probably will want to install Parts 2 and 3 too. They are much smaller MODs so they will probably be easier to apply to your board...

The Suite

Post by The Suite »

NightriderXP wrote: Yahooooo!!! I love success stories.

Nightrider,

yea, me too :lol:, I did the part 2 and 3 as well, now I just have to figure out how to populate the calender with events.

I love it :-)
Much appreciloved,

The Suite
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

You also might want to consider installing the Repeating Events MOD add-on. I have it installed and it sure makes it handy so that I don't have to add the Holidays to my calendar every year...

Repeating events - Birthdays and (much) More!

skistyle

Post by skistyle »

NightriderXP wrote: You also might want to consider installing the Repeating Events MOD add-on. I have it installed and it sure makes it handy so that I don't have to add the Holidays to my calendar every year...

Repeating events - Birthdays and (much) More!

Uh, oh! You just gave me a new toy to try! :roll:
~ Karen
http://undividedbjfans.com/
Mods Applied = Calendar, Next/Prev Link, Mouse Hover Last Post, Post Search & Last Visit in Memberlist, View Sig in Profile, other minor ones
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Actually there are a lot of toys you can try over there. Check out the Calendar Addons Download page:

Calendar Utilities

I don't know if you have to be registered to see the page, but there are 9 Calendar addons you could install...

KronikJames

Post by KronikJames »

you know i tried to add the topic reminder mod on and i cant get the sql mod to process right...gerrr...some help on this would be nice. i dont think i am understanding what the installation file is tell me to do...i try and put the name of my sql database in and tells me it cant process the commans. not sure if i should process them seperate or just change the text file and then let it run...aaaa, why do i try and add mods? i wonder sometime...lol

also is there away to have the birthday mod supply the calendar with the birthdays so they are events?
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Which SQL MOD are you talking about KronikJames? I don't see any SQL commands in any of the included MOD files in the Remind Topic MOD. If the code is short, can you post it here? Otherwise, a link to the file would be nice...

beltic

Eating Crow..

Post by beltic »

Ok, so i tried another calendar, and well, it pales in comparison, so Ive come here to eat some crow and ask for some help..

Is there a way to limit the "drop down" that allows users to change forums for the calendar? I want to create 1 forum for all events to be published in, so I dont need users being able to switch forums.

thanks.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Yes, you can set the Topic Calendar permissions for only one forum. I created a Calendar Events forum on my board. You could do something similar...

beltic

Post by beltic »

NightriderXP wrote: Yes, you can set the Topic Calendar permissions for only one forum. I created a Calendar Events forum on my board. You could do something similar...

Im a little slow today - how? Is it thru the forum permissions - and just set all forums but the one i want em to see to ADMIN or something, or is there another place?
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

Yes, you got it. Go into Forum Admin, select Permissions and go into the Advanced Mode. You can set all the forums to Admin so that only you and the other admins can post in your forums. Set your Calendar Events forum to All or Reg if you want to allow your members and possibly guests to post events to your calendar too...

beltic

Post by beltic »

NightriderXP wrote: Yes, you got it. Go into Forum Admin, select Permissions and go into the Advanced Mode. You can set all the forums to Admin so that only you and the other admins can post in your forums. Set your Calendar Events forum to All or Reg if you want to allow your members and possibly guests to post events to your calendar too...

Thanks great.. thanks. What about when they goto the main calendar, (view month at a time) and have the drop down that lets them select which forum to view? I dont want that - or at least, have it ONLY show the forums I have setup with Calendars.. Is that possible? (I dont want them to see ALL the forums, weather they can post or not.)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”