[2.0.13] Navbar Mod

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
27%
Very Good
20%
Good
20%
Fair
13%
Poor
20%

Total votes: 15

reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

The upgrade script won't work for versions older than 1.0.4, sorry. I don't have copies of those ones anymore, otherwise I would make upgrades for them too.
Navbar mod - Navbar Mod 2.2.0 Download (Use at your own discretion, this has not been validated by the phpBB mod team)
cyborg cobra

Post by cyborg cobra »

thanks for the reply i've sorted it out now not sure what the error was but started over again and triple checked everything before i uploaded it the the server

i have to say this is a wicked mod

and also if you want to add links to other mod's into the nav box it's so much easyer than the original setup
:D
akaine

Post by akaine »

Any chance someone could post their forum so I can see what this mod looks like?
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

There's not much of a graphical difference from the way yours is set up. The only major change is the admin link.
Navbar mod - Navbar Mod 2.2.0 Download (Use at your own discretion, this has not been validated by the phpBB mod team)
®ViPeR®

Post by ®ViPeR® »

when installed this mod not all of my buttons made it can ya help me??
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

sent 'ya a PM, hope it helps.
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

Just resubmitted the mod, as it got denied for a few minor bugs.

My current work for the mod is moving it all to independant files (Or, rather, as much as CAN be moved) I've almost got it working right, just gotta work out a few more bugs. With this working, you won't need to alter your phpBB core files anymore (other than a few small additions), as all the code will be in independant files. This will ease both installation, and upgrading.
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

Just submitted a new version. The new version is almost completely independant from your core phpBB files. I also added a handy search block to the navbar, and rearranged the blocks a bit.
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

1.0.8 was denied for a few minor reasons, I've done my best to fix these, and resubmitted.

The next major release will be 2.0.0, which will include a portal system, which can be enabled/disabled via the navbar configuration, and it's settings will be changeable via the ACP.

EDIT

I've managed to get a links block working, and editable via the ACP. The block can be enabled/disabled, and links can be added/edited/removed. The Search block can also be enabled/disabled in 2.0.0
andi10

Problem

Post by andi10 »

I installed you version 1.04 and if the person is not logged in, the board index is not visible, i just see the footer.tpl

Any suggestions??

Is there an update available??

Greetings
Andi
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

I believe you made a mistake when installing the mod. That should NEVER happen...

Check to make sure you followed the instructions exactly when installing.

If you used Easymod, then the install file is probably bad. The newest version has been submitted to the approvals list, but I don't know if it will be released with all the version updates since I submitted.

I'd be more than happy to make a zip of my files, and send them to you. They include a few features that were not in the bugfix release.
andi10

Post by andi10 »

Found the problem, i changed the login bar bevor installing your mod to the top, an i deleted a table by mistake.

thanks for your help
nice greetings
Andi
magicmonkey

Post by magicmonkey »

I think I must be being really dumb! Please could someone tell me where I can edit the links in the menu so that I can incude the navigation to the rest of my site?
yangW

This is one best mod I ever seen!

Post by yangW »

This almost makes phpBB look like an Content Management Software.

I must say that it is the best mod I ever seen.

I got one question. <<

Will this mod continue to work for php 2.0.19 or later version of phpBB other than 2.0.16?

Good job.
Visit Frictionless Market :: Connect Yourself to the Net
Global Warming Activists :: Talk about global warming, learn, and spread the news.
reiyo_oki

Post by reiyo_oki »

Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

Yep, the mod works perfectly in every version after 2.0.13

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”