[MODDB] Vehicle Garage 0.9.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Johnn

Post by Johnn »

I have a question. When a user adds two or more vehicles in the garage it doesn't show them all in viewtopic.php (under location) but only one of them. Is it possible to show both (or more) vehicles?
crashed

Post by crashed »

crashed wrote: After updating to 1.1 it gives me this error, i have checked and the table exists, can you help??
Could not query pending business

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'fordclub_crxpt.GARAGE_BUSINESS_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT count(*) AS total FROM GARAGE_BUSINESS_TABLE bus WHERE bus.pending = 1

Line : 71
File : page_tail.php

forget this, my mistake, already fixed, i had erased a line in constants.php ....sorry and tanks...
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Hi all,

Right back online after my holiday. I will read through the pages in some detail and try answer all Q's on Monday. Just wanted to post a quick thanks to all those who have helped other users while I was away. Really great to see.

Esmond
SixthSphere

Post by SixthSphere »

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE zphpbb_garage_rating` ( `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, `garage_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `rating` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `user_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `rate_date` int(10) default NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM;
+++ Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' ( `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, `garage_id` int(10
Help :(
Are you a Saturn Car Enthusiast?
Check out www.SixthSphere.com!
SixthSphere

Post by SixthSphere »

nevermind, I found the problem...

there's a ` missing after the CREATE TABLE part

-------------------

NEW PROBLEM:

My forum is for one specific type of car, so I deleted all but the ONE make and added all the models thru ACP...

However on Garage.php when creating a new "Garage" the list shows nothing available as choices...

How do I fix this?

SCREENSHOT:

SixthSphere

Post by SixthSphere »

vrflyer wrote: Found out another quirk....

If you are using "Safari" the "create new vehicle" script menus DO NOT work...
However if you use "Camino" the menus do work...

:wink:

this may be my problem....

<edit> Yep, that was the problem </edit>
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

All,

Right I have read through all posts now!!

nakedboy -> You got the table created I see. Good. There currently is no page to display all images that have been uploaded. It is currently something I will look to add at some stage soon.

grinch -> You were looking for a snapshot of mod to match a quartermile time. I have had a short think about this and think I have a way to do it. Basically the entry for the 1/4 mile will need a new field. In this field we will store the Mod ID's in a comma delimited form. When you view a time I could then have a link to display which mods were installed. Only thing for this to work is the vehicle must have the correct mods at the time you enter the 1/4mile time. This will make it difficult to add historically but hope that does not matter too much. I will look to add this soon.

slayer1011 -> Again a problem with the tables and install v's upgrade script. I am going to remove the upgrade script and just have one DB file next time. It will work out what version you are running and perform the required DB work. This will mean I only have one file to worry about and no errors should slip in. Also you asked about a different quote for different groups. Actually in the file you have there is some code that does that already...it looks for a group called "Premium Members" all users in that group get higher quotas. This only works on my site as I have the group...I just always leave the code in as it means I do not have two versions. I think it is a good idea to have and will look to have this as a option via the ACP. Let you select the groups and what quota's you want.

Mike_2 -> I will have a look at the HTML and try solve this. As always if anyone spots the HTML error let me know as HTML is not my best field.

Musashi-Sama -> I will have a look over the delete code and double check everything

SoAngel -> GDv2 is currently required to do the thumbnails. YOu are correct in saying that. Photoalbum has support for GDv1&2 so that may be why that works for you. I have looked at GDv1 and think I can add support for that soon. So fingers crossed that will make the next version.

SixthSphere -> Yeah those scripts seem to not like Safari. I will have to spend some time trying to work that one out.
Musashi-sama

Post by Musashi-sama »

poyntesm wrote: (...)
Musashi-Sama -> I will have a look over the delete code and double check everything(...)

Thx poyntesm-senseï !!! Image
Grinch

Post by Grinch »

Cool. Thanks for the update on this. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. 8)
ikhonlord

Post by ikhonlord »

I am not sure if this can be done or has been asked..so I am sorry if it has:

This month I started a "Member of the Month" event. I basically select the member that has the highest Rating. I would like to know if it is possible to Zero out the ratings every month or even better start the new month with zeros but keep the on-going rating somewhere else??

Thanks!
Patrick Simmons

Post by Patrick Simmons »

ikhonlord wrote: I am not sure if this can be done or has been asked..so I am sorry if it has:

This month I started a "Member of the Month" event. I basically select the member that has the highest Rating. I would like to know if it is possible to Zero out the ratings every month or even better start the new month with zeros but keep the on-going rating somewhere else??

Thanks!

Hey poyntesm, doesn't that sound familiar :D
I was just talking to poyntesm about putting something like this together. He is quite busy right now but told me that he would work on it when he gets some time. I know he will come on and answer for his self but I just thought that was interesting that not only I had that idea.
ikhonlord

Post by ikhonlord »

Patrick Simmons wrote: Hey poyntesm, doesn't that sound familiar :D
I was just talking to poyntesm about putting something like this together. He is quite busy right now but told me that he would work on it when he gets some time. I know he will come on and answer for his self but I just thought that was interesting that not only I had that idea.

Thank you for your response! I am glad like you said that I am not the only one that has mentioned this before. Hopefully the allmighty poyntesm will come up with some quick!

Thanks! :D
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Hi,

As Patrick mentioned he had already suggested this to me. My time is very very limited at the moment and it is causing me to not get much done on the MOD. I have two major changes mid way done and and one is really tough. One is the mileage side the other a rewrite of the install script to work out what changes are needed to the DB and only perform them. So one script will do install & upgrade.

Since I am getting more and more requests for differing functionality (all of which I like the sound of) I want to come up with a good module approach. So if you want a monthly competition you just upload the file and enable it in the ACP. This will keep the core code leaner and make it easier to manage. I have some of it done but much is still needed.

I will still support the mod to the best I can...just changes/additions will not be as quick as I have been able to do in the past.

Esmond
Patrick Simmons

Post by Patrick Simmons »

You da man!
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

All,

Just looking for a quick bit of feedback on the suggestion above.

Would this be OK....

* Front block is where you contain a permanent record of ratings...plus in the view vehicle page of course.

* A seperate page (with normal side menus) It contains the pervious months top rated vehicle...it will only count the ratings giving during the previous month. The page will always default to the previous months winner but will have two drop down boxs...for month & year to select previous winners.

I have made good progress today on the DB script...from now on you will run it for both upgrades and installs and it will work out what it needs to do.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”