Old problem, new twist I think...

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
mwyatt

Old problem, new twist I think...

Post by mwyatt » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:37 am

Ok here is my support template:
URL: www.docrominator.com/forums
Template(s) used:
Any and all MODs: none
Do you use a port of phpBB: no
Version of phpBB: 2.0.17 I think... the latest one
Version of PHP: 4.3.10
Which database server and version: SQL 4 something is what i said at phpBB setup as
Host: valueweb.com
Did someone install this for you/who: myself
Is this an upgrade/from what to what: no
Is this a conversion/from what to what: no
Have you searched for your problem: yes
If so, what terms did you try: emailer.php, email
State the nature of your problem: see below
Do you have a test account for us: if necessary i can make one

---

Ok my problem. I've seen many other posts and I read the emailer.php problem article... line 234 and such. Anyway, my problem is the email only doesn't work with new registrations now and when I mass e-mail everyone. I can mass e-mail separate user groups. ie. site moderator (2 people) and a test group (just my e-mail address) but the All Users mass e-mail gives the old line 234 problem. i put a phpinfo.php file online (not there at the moment although i can put it back) and it showed sendmail in the directory usr/lib/sendmail. Exactly where my host says it is and the host allows upto 100 e-mails an hour or 1000 a day. I'm not sure why it isn't working.

Thanks for any help,
Mitchell

iNfLuX

Post by iNfLuX » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:32 am

i have the same exact problem. i can only send mass emails to groups... when i try to send to all users i get that emailer.php error. i am sending thru sendmail (as i know that my host does not disable the php sendmail function) not thru smtp. it's definitely working as noted before, but just not when sending to all users. anyone know what the deal is?! i've read just about every topic on this and have tried every configuration out there to try to get it to work and just now realized that it DOES in fact work... only to groups though!!

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:33 am

To be perfectly honest, I think it's a server-related issue and not phpBB. Talk to your host(s) about it and see if they might be able to look into it.
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:30 am

iNfLuX wrote: i have the same exact problem. i can only send mass emails to groups... when i try to send to all users i get that emailer.php error. i am sending thru sendmail (as i know that my host does not disable the php sendmail function) not thru smtp. it's definitely working as noted before, but just not when sending to all users. anyone know what the deal is?! i've read just about every topic on this and have tried every configuration out there to try to get it to work and just now realized that it DOES in fact work... only to groups though!!

your host probably has a limit set on how many emails you can send at once or in a specific time frame.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

iNfLuX

Post by iNfLuX » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:28 pm

^^^ i think you're right. is their a mod out there where you could change various settings like that?

mwyatt

Post by mwyatt » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:51 pm

That could very well be the case.

Is there any kind of mod that (does this) when creating or editing a group, gives you the option of viewing all registered users and from there you can select multiple users to be added at once...? Adding users one at a time is rather tedious for a group of any size. Perhaps this is already available and has avoided me?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:26 pm

iNfLuX wrote: ^^^ i think you're right. is their a mod out there where you could change various settings like that?

what does this mean? what settings are you talking about?

robert

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:29 pm

mwyatt wrote: That could very well be the case.

Is there any kind of mod that (does this) when creating or editing a group, gives you the option of viewing all registered users and from there you can select multiple users to be added at once...? Adding users one at a time is rather tedious for a group of any size. Perhaps this is already available and has avoided me?

there are MODs that do what you are asking, check here and/or at phpbbhacks.com
what does this have to do with your original question above about the emailer problem?

robert

mwyatt

Post by mwyatt » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:30 am

Not really much to do with the original problem but if I can find a way around my problem I'm ok with that too if it's easy. Thanks for the ideas.

iNfLuX

Post by iNfLuX » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:43 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
iNfLuX wrote:^^^ i think you're right. is their a mod out there where you could change various settings like that?

what does this mean? what settings are you talking about?

robert

i was wondering if their is a mod that would allow you to control how many emails are sent out at one time, maybe with adjustable delay between mailings, etc. ... as to avoid getting an error due to trying to send too many at once.

iNfLuX

Post by iNfLuX » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:16 am

anyone know of a mod that may limit how many emails are sent at one time or know how to change this in the code? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”