[BETA] Topic Type MOD (Latest: 1.1.2)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
MeDieViL

Post by MeDieViL »

well, i dont have niels version installed...
lol..
well, the special option doesnt appear in the posting screen.. just wondering, is it because of the auth files i didnt change, ot becaue i didnt make global announcement changes yet?
MeDieViL

Post by MeDieViL »

someone?
RTS-Bone

Post by RTS-Bone »

1. The download link doesn`t work :\
2. Can i make some tags like [SPECIAL] or Whatever to work just in some forums ?
Get rich or die trying
--------------------------------
i c you standing there u think u`re soo cool...
why don`t u just fuk off?????
GPHemsley
Name: Gordon Hemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

I'm just posting to give an update on the status. I'm still developing this, on and off. Back in November 2004, I made major progress on the Admin Panel page, which allows for the addition and deletion of topic types, as well as localization and sorting. When version 1.2.0 is ready for release, it will allow complete flexibility in regards to the name of the topic type, the sorting of topic types on the view topic page, as well as whether or not they should stay on top of every page (as Announcement does). It also will allow choosing images for each topic type, with a different version for read and unread topics, which can also be different for each language. The new code is in CVS right now, but the actual MOD script for the public interface is not yet written.

In regards to the version numbering and the new policy here in the MOD Development forum, I will not be able to follow the new guidelines until after version 1.2.0 is released. In the past, I did not follow the method of using odd "y" digits as unstable/development versions. As such, the versions 1.1.x here are considered stable, even though they are feature-lacking. After the release of version 1.2.0, I will switch to the version numbering system as laid out in the guidelines: 1.3.x will be development for 1.4.0, if there will be such a version. Also, once version 1.2.0 is completed and released, I will submit it to the MOD Database and then I'll take things from there.

Thanks for your continued interest in what will eventually be a very useful MOD. :mrgreen:
drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 »

Cool sounds good, not sure if you use Split Topic Types by Phirtriik (sorry spelled that best I could without looking), but I've gotten it to work with the last version of your mod. So, I could probably post some info/files if needed in the future for compatability.
Need a phpBB update or mod installed? PM me for any questions and pricing!
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

I'm developing this on a completely vanilla board, but after it's complete, I'll certainly accept any modifications needed to use in conjunction with other MODs, especially Ptirhiik's, because those are always very detailed. :mrgreen:
n00bstorm

Post by n00bstorm »

i have this mod on my forum that it suposti do same thing but when i log in as normal user and try some of the topic types as nomal user i get debug error im just askin before i install this have u try under normal user? Just askin thx ^_^
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

n00bstorm wrote: i have this mod on my forum that it suposti do same thing but when i log in as normal user and try some of the topic types as nomal user i get debug error im just askin before i install this have u try under normal user? Just askin thx ^_^

Are you sure you've executed the SQL queries? If mod_install.php is present, run that file, else use the SQL queries in the MOD file.

I don't think this has anything to do with a defect in the MOD, but if those steps above don't alleviate the problem, please post the exact error message you are getting.
Zoellner

Post by Zoellner »

I got the same problem and located wich command causes this error.
It's in posting.php:

Code: Select all

if ( $error_msg == '' )
			{
				$topic_type = ( $topic_type != $post_data['topic_type'] && !$is_auth['auth_sticky'] && !$is_auth['auth_announce'] ) ? $post_data['topic_type'] : $topic_type;

submit_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_on, $html_on, $smilies_on, $attach_sig, $bbcode_uid, str_replace("\'", "''", $username), str_replace("\'", "''", $subject), str_replace("\'", "''", $message), str_replace("\'", "''", $poll_title), $poll_options, $poll_length, $news_category);
			}
			break;
At normal users the line "$topic_type=..." assigns an empty value to this variable, wich causes the error in function submit_post.

How must this expression look like to work correctly?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realize, that this MOD is different from Advanced Topic Type.

Greets
Marc
@ndre

Re: hi there

Post by @ndre »

pow wrote: Hi @alll,

I'm new to this board, so I hope it's ok that I post my question here ...
(if not, please tell me where... ;) )

I'm running version 2.0.6 of phpbb ... Everything works fine and so I wanted to install your mod with easy mod. I Processed the sql commands manually and then went on. The problem is I'm not running english as a language, but german and i don't have the default template installed.

I assume i only have to change the "subsilver" to my template name (is that right?) but what do i do with the language stuff, cause the thing is that after i installed everything following message came up:

Failed obtaining forum access control lists

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'a.auth_special' in 'field list'

SELECT a.forum_id, a.auth_view, a.auth_read, a.auth_post, a.auth_reply, a.auth_edit, a.auth_delete,a.auth_special, a.auth_sticky, a.auth_announce, a.auth_vote, a.auth_pollcreate, a.auth_mod FROM board_auth_access a, board_user_group ug WHERE ug.user_id = 2 AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND a.group_id = ug.group_id AND a.forum_id = 7

Line : 164
File : /phpBB2/includes/auth.php

Actually i backed everything up so that wasn't that much of a problem but I'm just wondering what to do, to get things up and running ;)

Greetings, pow ;)
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Was there a question in that post?
Deaths Hand

Post by Deaths Hand »

Since the request topic has been used in a long time... ill post here, You should make it so you can set which [Topic-Types] show up in specified forums, Like for example.
In a Tech Support Forum you could have [Bug] [Bug-Fix] etc, itd be nice to not have that for every forum
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Deaths Hand wrote: Since the request topic has been used in a long time... ill post here, You should make it so you can set which [Topic-Types] show up in specified forums, Like for example.
In a Tech Support Forum you could have [Bug] [Bug-Fix] etc, itd be nice to not have that for every forum

That's an interesting proposal. Of course, the way I currently plan on doing it, you can simply turn off permissions for certain ones. Maybe the version after that, I'll implement per-forum topics.

Development is still currently slow. CVS has the latest, AFAICR.
Deaths Hand

Post by Deaths Hand »

MM, i see, Permissions like Admin can use this one etc right? thats a good add-on. If i had more knowledge of php and knew how to do mods, id definetly do the per-forum thing but alast i dont :(.

Deaths Hand
igami

Post by igami »

Has anyone added this MOD to phpBB 2.018 ?? I guess I can just give it a try - wish me luck :lol:

.... ok I have installed this mod on 2.018, at first it didnt work - it wasnt updating the database with type 4 ... when I would manually update the db everything was cool.

Then I started poking around the posting.php file and found that post_special was missing from one location - see my fix below.

FIND

$topic_type = ( in_array($topic_type, array(POST_NORMAL,  POST_STICKY, POST_ANNOUNCE)) ) ? $topic_type : POST_NORMAL;
REPLACE

$topic_type = ( in_array($topic_type, array(POST_NORMAL, POST_SPECIAL, POST_STICKY, POST_ANNOUNCE)) ) ? $topic_type : POST_NORMAL;
.... everything seems to be working perfectly now! :D I will let you know if I discover otherwise. In the mean time thanks for a great MOD !!!!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”