Al-Qaeda video threatens Melbourne as next bomb

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Doe Ray Me
Name: Ethan Shand

Al-Qaeda video threatens Melbourne as next bomb

Post by Doe Ray Me »

A VIDEOTAPE televised on ABC News in America, purportedly from a US-member of al-Qaeda, has threatened Melbourne and Los Angeles as their next target.

"Yesterday, London and Madrid. Tomorrow, Los Angeles and Melbourne, God willing. At this time, don't count on us demonstrating restraint or compassion," the tape warns.

"We are Muslims. We love peace, but peace on our terms, peace as laid down by Islam, not the so-called peace of occupiers and dictators."

Australia's intelligence agencies were last night assessing the threat.

A spokesman for Attorney-General Philip Ruddock said US intelligence agencies contacted their Australian counterpart yesterday to warn them that the tape had been received.

Officers in the National Threat Assessment Centre in Canberra decided last night that they had insufficient information at this stage to warrant a change in the threat level, the spokesman said. But "they are not dismissing it," he said. He said the Australian agencies had not seen a copy of the tape.

Inspector Craig Walsh, of Victoria Police, said they were aware of the tape. "We are working in conjunction with our Federal and international counterparts to obtain a copy," he said. "Once obtained, the tape will need to be authenticated and its contents analysed and considered prior to making any further comment."

American intelligence officials believe the man on the tape is Adam Gadahn, of California.

Last year, Gadahn delivered a similar tape for al-Qaeda. That tape was later deemed authentic.

On the new tape, delivered to ABC News on the fourth anniversary of the September 11 bombings in the US, Gadahn's message contains a very pointed al-Qaeda threat against Los Angeles and Melbourne.

The taped message lasts 11 minutes. Like past tapes, it appears to include the same graphics and production techniques recognised by US officials as part of al-Qaeda's standard propaganda production

---

Why are these terrorists so intent on causing so much destruction, when they claim they want peace?

Please keep this discussion on topic
phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk »

In thier eyes, the US and its allies invaded thier country and they don't want them thier. That's why they are useing terrorist attacks. If the US and its allies would pull out of all countries which they have invaded over the past few decades, then we wouldn't have all this BS terorist attacks. But the US will never do that, because of all the glorious oil they want.
Pit
Security Consultant

Re: Al-Qaeda video threatens Melbourne as next bomb

Post by Pit »

Doe Ray Me wrote: Why are these terrorists so intent on causing so much destruction, when they claim they want peace?

They're bad people and they're full of crap. Next question?
super fun rainbow colour sig
FF8Jake`

Post by FF8Jake` »

Pit wrote:
Doe Ray Me wrote:Why are these terrorists so intent on causing so much destruction, when they claim they want peace?

rolarity, best comeback i've read in a long time.

Caution, joking on a webforum can sometimes lead to this: Video footage
Please, think before posting about religion/bush/war/law enforcement. Please, save a keyboard.
nuckfan15
Name: Travis

Post by nuckfan15 »

Pit wrote:
Doe Ray Me wrote:Why are these terrorists so intent on causing so much destruction, when they claim they want peace?

I doubt there full of crap, there very well trained, and not stupid people. They believe in some sort of religion that blinds them from the truth, so blinded, there unable to truly see what harm they cause people.

Not only that, but they pretty much have terrorism branded into them from the moment there born.
Travis aka Nuckfan15 - No Private Support
Make use of the Support Request Template when seeking support.
Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

nuckfan15 wrote:
Pit wrote:

I doubt there full of crap, there very well trained, and not stupid people. They believe in some sort of religion that blinds them from the truth, so blinded, there unable to truly see what harm they cause people.

No, they are not blinded by religion, as they're are millions of nice peacefull muslims. No, instead they ARE full of crap, taking they're muslim beleifs to such extremist beleifs that they behead captives and fly planes into buildings. Much like people say Christians want peace, well the KKK was a Christian organization, they just took it too far and did horrific things, effectively being complete idiots full of crap. Same thing applies here.
Doe Ray Me

Post by Doe Ray Me »

nuckfan15 wrote:
Pit wrote:

Not only that, but they pretty much have terrorism branded into them from the moment there born.

Nice answer, I dont think they are incorrect, as its thier religion

I know for a fact, if someone invaded either the US or UK, they would do anything within thier power to stop them

If niether country was invading places like Iraq and Afganistan, None of this would be happening now, especially the London Bombings couple of months ago, As its payback, from the Muslims point of view
Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

phantomk wrote: In thier eyes, the US and its allies invaded thier country and they don't want them thier. That's why they are useing terrorist attacks. If the US and its allies would pull out of all countries which they have invaded over the past few decades, then we wouldn't have all this BS terorist attacks.

Oh my, the terrorist actually seem to getting people to buy the crap that they're selling.
But the US will never do that, because of all the glorious oil they want.

Ok, a little more agreement with you there.
Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

Doe Ray Me wrote:
nuckfan15 wrote:
Pit wrote:

Nice answer, I dont think they are incorrect, as its thier religion

If niether country was invading places like Iraq and Afganistan, None of this would be happening now, especially the London Bombings couple of months ago, As its payback, from the Muslims point of view[/quote]

yes, it's 'payback' in the terrorist minds, NOT in the muslim communities mind. This is how the seeds of racism are planted, so before you go the full 9 yards, quickly go look for a few muslim people who live or work around you and ask them for to quickly give you their opinions about the terrorist and events such as 911 and the London bombing. Be prepared, going by what you seem to believe currently, you may be incredibly suprised by their response.
Doe Ray Me

Post by Doe Ray Me »

Magnotta wrote: yes, it's 'payback' in the terrorist minds, NOT in the muslim communities mind. This is how the seeds of racism are planted, so before you go the full 9 yards, quickly go look for a few muslim people who live or work around you and ask them for to quickly give you their opinions about the terrorist and events such as 911 and the London bombing. Be prepared, going by what you seem to believe currently, you may be incredibly suprised by their response.

Excuse me? but my girlfriend is a muslim, i did not say community, i said Muslims, as in the terrorists
Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

Doe Ray Me wrote:
Magnotta wrote:yes, it's 'payback' in the terrorist minds, NOT in the muslim communities mind. This is how the seeds of racism are planted, so before you go the full 9 yards, quickly go look for a few muslim people who live or work around you and ask them for to quickly give you their opinions about the terrorist and events such as 911 and the London bombing. Be prepared, going by what you seem to believe currently, you may be incredibly suprised by their response.

Excuse me? but my girlfriend is a muslim, i did not say community, i said Muslims, as in the terrorists

Perhaps then it would be a good idea to specify the word "terrorists" next time, instead of simply saying 'muslims' which implies all of them.
Heimidal
Former Team Member

Post by Heimidal »

Doe Ray Me wrote: If niether country was invading places like Iraq and Afganistan, None of this would be happening now, especially the London Bombings couple of months ago, As its payback, from the Muslims point of view

Erm... payback? They started all of this with 9/11. From what I recall, they don't view it as "payback"; they see terrorizing us as breaking down the evils of Western culture.
Doe Ray Me

Post by Doe Ray Me »

Heimidal wrote:
Doe Ray Me wrote:If niether country was invading places like Iraq and Afganistan, None of this would be happening now, especially the London Bombings couple of months ago, As its payback, from the Muslims point of view

Erm... payback? They started all of this with 9/11. From what I recall, they don't view it as "payback"; they see terrorizing us as breaking down the evils of Western culture.

Read this
A career CIA officer claims in a new book that America is losing the war on terror, in part because of the invasion of Iraq, which, he says, distracted the United States from the war against terrorism and further fueled al-Qaida’s struggle against the United States. The author, who writes as “Anonymous,” is a 22-year veteran of the CIA and still works for the intelligence agency, which allowed him to publish the book after reviewing it for classified information.

In an interview with NBC’s Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell, he calls the U.S. war in Iraq a dream come true for Osama bin Laden, saying, “Bin Laden saw the invasion of Iraq as a Christmas gift he never thought he’d get.” By invading a country that’s regarded as the second holiest place in Islam, he asserts, the Bush administration inadvertently validated bin Laden’s assertions that the United States intends a holy war against Muslims.

Source

More terrorist attacks [Like London, only mad at UK for invading Iraq]]would not be as likely to have happened, if they did not invade Iraq

Still feel the same?
Darth Wong
Name: Michael Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

Heimidal wrote:
Doe Ray Me wrote:If niether country was invading places like Iraq and Afganistan, None of this would be happening now, especially the London Bombings couple of months ago, As its payback, from the Muslims point of view

That's the line that right-wing columnists have been peddling for some time now. However, the reality of Al-Quaeda promotional videos and other recruiting tactics is that they rattle off a list of things that "The Great Satan" has done to Muslims, and then they use this in order to whip up recruits into a frenzy of hate against the evildoers who are oppressing Islam and aligning themselves with the Zionists.

This did not start with 9/11; it started much earlier, with American and European interference in MidEast affairs. You can argue till the cows come home about whether that interference was legally or morally justifiable, but it was interference nonetheless. The idea that Islamic extremists just jumped up out of the blue one day and decided to attack the West for being "decadent" is a fantasy.
Freedom of speech is not absolute, nor was it ever meant to be. If it were, then fraud would not be illegal.
the rat

Post by the rat »

Heimidal wrote:

The 9/11 attacks, as well as other terrorist attacks pre-9/11 where caused, as Darth said, by many years of interference. Since WW1 the west has been running around the Arab world imposing their rules and their regimes on a society that didn't want it. And even if they did want it innocent people suffered.

It makes no difference if the innocent people were the original targets or just caught up in the cross fire when you kill innocent people you generate anger and so starts the line to "terrorism".

As for the new threat on Melbourne or LA well that's what terrorists do. Instil terror. Stay alert for suspect packages or people (as you should always be anyway) but don't live in fear and don't change your life. Otherwise the terrorists are winning.

Return to “General Discussion”