[2.0.6] Font Face BBCode

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
52%
Very Good
35%
Good
10%
Fair
No votes
Poor
3%

Total votes: 31

Olja

Post by Olja »

Thank you thank you thank you so much for such a fast answer! : ))

You are absolutelly right - no drop down list and yes, board is in non english language. Since I am only helping a friend I have no access to ftp and all files I need, so I'll have a look on other files and languages later today (don't be surprised if I come back to bother you some more :mrgreen: since I never did this before, just a beginners luck, lol)!

Thank you again : ))
Olja

Post by Olja »

Me again... sorry :oops:

Does anyone have any idea how I succeeded to get font face into font size menu, and how to fix it?

Olja

Post by Olja »

Never mind this last comments, I fixed it with easyMod : ))
majica

Post by majica »

I have the same problem - my font face manu is in font size menu! In subSilver and one more template its ok, but in two more it is like that. Any ideas what and how to change?
Herbalite

Post by Herbalite »

@ majiica
The mistake must be in the template. Check that you have not nested select tags.
In the interest of cutting costs, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off...
waterdragon687

Post by waterdragon687 »

I've just installed this mod on a 2.0.16 board, and it seems to be working like a charm. However, I do all my mods by hand (rather than by EasyMod), and when I was making the changes, I noticed a slight problem with the instructions. In the part that describes how to modify includes/bbcode.php, it says:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
$text = preg_replace("#\[size=([1-2]?[0-9])\](.*?)\[/size\]#si", "[size=\\1:$uid]\\2[/size:$uid]", $text);

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

// [font] and [/font] for setting font style (note: The font=(.*?) is needed for Non-Western font names)
	$text = preg_replace("#\[font=(.*?)\](.*?)\[/font\]#si", "[font=\\1:$uid]\\2[/font:$uid]", $text);
I couldn't find the specified string at first, but after a bit of looking, I located this one:

$text = preg_replace("/\[size=([1-2]?[0-9]):$uid\]/si", $bbcode_tpl['size_open'], $text);
$text = str_replace("[/size:$uid]", $bbcode_tpl['size_close'], $text);
Now, I don't know anything about PHP, but since the at least the first part of it matched what I was supposed to be looking for, I assumed that was the right place. However, since the code was different from what was in the instructions, I wasn't sure whether to add the new piece in between those two lines or after them. I finally ended up adding it after, and like I said, the mod seems to be working fine, so that must have been correct. :lol: But I just thought I'd post here in case anyone else had encountered the same problem... I do have some other mods installed on my board, but not anything else that might have modified that particular portion of the bbcode.php file to cause the inconsistency, as far as I can tell...
davidooh

Post by davidooh »

Can someone repost the link to download this? When I select the one on the first page I get cannot connect IE error. Thanks in advance!
Herbalite

Post by Herbalite »

davidooh wrote: Can someone repost the link to download this? When I select the one on the first page I get cannot connect IE error. Thanks in advance!
It works for me, so try again.
In the interest of cutting costs, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off...
davidooh

Post by davidooh »

Herbalite wrote:
davidooh wrote:Can someone repost the link to download this? When I select the one on the first page I get cannot connect IE error. Thanks in advance!
Doesn't work. Happens a lot with other mods but others were nice enough to repost to direct download.
Herbalite

Post by Herbalite »

davidooh wrote:
Herbalite wrote:
davidooh wrote:Can someone repost the link to download this? When I select the one on the first page I get cannot connect IE error. Thanks in advance!
Doesn't work. Happens a lot with other mods but others were nice enough to repost to direct download.
Try
http://www.phpbb.com/files/mods/font_fa ... e1_0_4.mod
davidooh

Post by davidooh »

Herbalite wrote:
davidooh wrote:
Herbalite wrote:
Try
http://www.phpbb.com/files/mods/font_fa ... e1_0_4.mod
Thanks a million. That works. Not sure why my IE will not connect to these other links. 8)
Geekster

Post by Geekster »

Will this mod work for Greek and Hebrew texts as well?
Herbalite

Post by Herbalite »

Geekster wrote: Will this mod work for Greek and Hebrew texts as well?
It should. Never tested it with those, but it works with Far-Eastern fonts, so there is see no reason, why it shouldn't work with any other font.
buntyindia

PLEASE HELP

Post by buntyindia »

thanks i have installed but rest of two Drop down Stopped wotking whenever i clik on colour/size it add nothing to Text box
give this error

Code: [download] [hide]
Code: [download] [show]
Line:604  
Char:1  
Code:0  
Error:'this.form.addbbcode20.options' is null or not an object  
URL:http://www.website.com/forum/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=5681 

& what about Dynamic Font that i want to use with this.

where i specify this...

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">   
<!-- /* $WEFT -- Created by: bunty () on 12/7/2005 -- */   
@font-face {   
font-family: Shusha;   
font-style: normal;   
font-weight: normal;   
src: url(http://www.website.com/SHUSHA1.eot);   
}   
-->   
</STYLE>
=====================
Knowledge Is Power Share It
Herbalite

Re: PLEASE HELP

Post by Herbalite »

buntyindia wrote: thanks i have installed but rest of two Drop down Stopped wotking whenever i clik on colour/size it add nothing to Text box
give this error

Code: [download] [hide]
Code: [download] [show]
Line:604  
Char:1  
Code:0  
Error:'this.form.addbbcode20.options' is null or not an object  
URL:http://www.website.com/forum/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=5681 
Check out the template you are using, and make sure you change it for all languages, and all templates.
buntyindia wrote: & what about Dynamic Font that i want to use with this.

where i specify this...

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">   
<!-- /* $WEFT -- Created by: bunty () on 12/7/2005 -- */   
@font-face {   
font-family: Shusha;   
font-style: normal;   
font-weight: normal;   
src: url(http://www.website.com/SHUSHA1.eot);   
}   
-->   
</STYLE>
That's not straightfoward to do at this time using this MOD.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”