error message when installing

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
djchemikal

error message when installing

Post by djchemikal »

when i am trying to install the forum i get this message

Code: Select all

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in //db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in //db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in //db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in //db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error 

Could not connect to the database 

can somebody help me out..thanx
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

did you create a database, did you create a username and password for it, did you give that user the correct privileges, are you putting all of that info correctly into the install page?

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
djchemikal

Post by djchemikal »

i have mysql database installed on it .....i am really new to this so i really don't know what to do
gmex2006

Post by gmex2006 »

Hi if you do have mysql installed you should create a user for your mysql database (here the forum database) which will have full power on the database. The use the login information you have created when you are installing phpbb.

Please take a look at the followin
Step-by-Step Guide

Good Luck

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”