[BETA] Activity / Arcade Mod 2.1.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
redwolfb

Post by redwolfb »

is this easymod compatable?
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

Hello,

Could you please change your MODs version number as outlined in MOD Development forum rules section 2. Your MOD as being in development requires a development version number as stated in the phpBB versioning scheme.

For example if your MOD is currently displaying v1.0.0, you can change it to 0.1.0 or 1.1.0, depending on your feelings of it's development status. Even minor version numbers (y of x.y.z) are reserved for release versions. If you believe your MOD is of a quality that deserves a release version, please do not hesitate to submit your MOD to the phpBB.com MODDB (MOD release database) for validation pending release.

Thank you,
The phpBB MOD Team

Though, the original author defender-uk hasn't posted here since June 9 of this year... I won't consider this MOD abandoned yet though.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
waiting on God

Post by waiting on God »

redwolfb wrote: is this easymod compatable?

Redwolfb, I tired to install it with the current version of EZM, but it didn't work. I had to do it all by hand.

One little trick I learned from another WM is to use WordPad to edit the files. When you open the file, do a copy/paste to WordPad, then use the "Find" feature to find the lines you're told to find in the MOD. It saved me a TON of time doing it, but there was a lot of copy paste with it.
My nick, Waiting on God, means that I am waiting on God to do something wonderful! :D

"I don't know everything. Never said I did. I just know a lot of things, some of it useless, some of it important. It's up to you which is which."

http://www.truechristians.net
waiting on God

Post by waiting on God »

Scorpiuscat1 wrote: Ok, I got it installed but I g et the following error:

Couldn`t obtain main data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'jonjaae_phpb2.phpbb_ina_data' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_ina_data

Line : 56
File : admin_arcade.php

How do I fix this?

When I installed this MOD I ran into that with a few of the SQL tables that were added. One thing I had to do was change the file from all CAPS to lower case. I don't know why, but that fixed it for me.

Another thing is to make sure the includes/constants changes are right. I goofed on them and had to redo it. That took care of the rest of the SQL problems for me. Now all I have to do is find some really cool games to go with it! :D

Oh, one more thing, and this goes for all .php files. At the very top is the <?php and on the very bottom is the ?> (This is important and can cause a problem if it's not right.) For the one at the top there can be NOTHING before it, not even a space. For the one at the bottom there can be NOThING after it. I guess the code's fussy with this. If there's something there, even a space, the page won't work at all and can throw everything off because of the reltionships between commands on the pages.

Good luck!

WOG
My nick, Waiting on God, means that I am waiting on God to do something wonderful! :D

"I don't know everything. Never said I did. I just know a lot of things, some of it useless, some of it important. It's up to you which is which."

http://www.truechristians.net
Scooby22

Post by Scooby22 »

I Installed The Arcade Mod and i get this error when i add a game

"ERROR, No Game Data Received

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

SELECT * FROM phpbb_ina_games WHERE game_id =

Line : 614
File : admin_arcade.php"

Also on the home page i click on Show All Games i get this error
"ERROR, No Game Data Received

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Line : 729
File : activity.php"
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

Considering that the original MOD author defender-uk hasn't posted here since June 9, 2005, I'm going to consider this MOD abandoned, and lock this topic.

defender-uk, if you come back and wish to continue development of this MOD, don't hesitate to contact me regarding this.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
Nephrus
Former Team Member

Post by Nephrus »

I've received a PM from defender-uk requesting this topic to be unlocked.

Topic is now open.
[ Zelda Planet - nephrus.net - phpBB Userguide - phpBB Knowledge Base - phpBB.com Forum Rules ]
ABSOLUTELY NO support via PM/IM/email or I'll get a cow to sit on you
defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

Thanks to the Mod team.

Sorry for being away for a while.

Had a few sites to upgrade from different version to 2.0.16 (then .17 came out, and 18 and now .19 (god))

The last few posts above.

You have not edited your constansts.php file and added the correct changes that the mod requires.

These changes are the table definitions and thus it is why the errors seem that I have typed all caps.

In the current ALPHA version on test on the links below, I have moved away from keep editiong the same files when upgrading and have added all the required definitions to there own arcade_constants.php file.

2.0.8 is now available as a BETA release.

2.1.0 is the current APLHA release, this has far to many changes to list here, and is the first step towards the version 3.0.0 release.

BTW Mod's, where should I remove the v2.0.x from (so it becomes 2.0.x)

as
1.0.0 was released by Napoleon
2.0.0 was released by Napoleon
2.0.4 failed the Mod DB (security issues)
2.0.6 failed the Mod DB (too much use of php4 code)
2.0.8 was not released as I was in the process of changing it's structure.
2.1.0 is currently in Alpha state and has two unfinished areas.

Thanks.
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

is this the link to download the 2.0.8 beta?

http://www.phpbb-amod.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1127

the thread says 2.0.8.2 but the attached file says the file is alpha and hasnt been altered since november.
defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

Yes, 2.0.8 was an alpha, that is now available to BETA due to popular demand.

But there is no upgrade or install info in any beta or alpha releases.
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

defender-uk wrote: Yes, 2.0.8 was an alpha, that is now available to BETA due to popular demand.

But there is no upgrade or install info in any beta or alpha releases.

maybe i misunderstood. I'm just trying to download the latest version. The only download i could find was on that link and its to an alpha version of 2.0.8. It seems to install 2.0.8.2, but then people mention 2.0.8.3.

Is there any way i could just help test the 2.1.0 alpha version? Even when im logged in I can't find the download for that anywhere, only a stickied thread with people discussing it. I dont mind if its missing upgrade or install instructions, I've got all that figured out already.
defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

I've added you to the Alpha Group.

So you can now download 2.1.0 and give it a wizz.

I know you know you way around the mod by now, and I need some more people to give feedback on it.

( plus some-one to write the install bits :) )
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

thanks, ill post any 2.1.0 bugs in your forum
lifedeuce

Post by lifedeuce »

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: updatetrophystats() in /home/dawgbon/public_html/phBB/newscore.php on line 472

I'm getting that after a game of Wheel of Fortune and submitting my score. Any thoughts? Also I have about 62 games loaded, so there are 2 pages of games. When Iclick on next or page 2 I get the folowing error though:
Couldn't obtain game data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 5

SELECT * FROM phpbb_ina_games ORDER BY

Line : 749
File : activity.php
defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

lifedeuce wrote: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: updatetrophystats() in /home/dawgbon/public_html/phBB/newscore.php on line 472

Sorry.

Thats not part of this mod.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”