phpbb administration

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
rbblue8

phpbb administration

Post by rbblue8 »

hey,

So i'm trying to set permissions for groups. So I click on permissions under group admin. select my group i want to admin. and then click advance which brings up a table to where i can select what this group can do for each forum. However it's not allowing to select anything. all of the boxes are blank. the only option that i have is "Not a moderator" or "Is a monderator" What's up here?
zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK »

These are switches that are there for private fora :) For more details please read this knownledge base article :)
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=16
Image My weblog | gamerslog.com | No support via PM or ICQ or email - If you don't know a term or a program mentioned in a post -> Google is your friend
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

The userguide wrote: Advanced Permissions will allow you to grant specific behaviors to a user. In the Advanced Permissions panel, there will be a dropdown box for each Permission type that is set to PRIVATE in the Forum Permissions panel (for more information, see 3.1.2 Forum Permissions). To grant the user a specific PRIVATE permission in a forum, simply set the appropriate dropdown box to ON. To grant all PRIVATE permissions of a forum to a user, use Allowed Access in simple mode.
🇺🇦 Made in Ukraine, exported to the USA 🇺🇸

Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
rbblue8

Post by rbblue8 »

This is what i'm talking about. http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=16 has nothing todo with this.

As I said before. I'm unable to select inside of the boxes. Why is this?

Thanks!
zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK »

As I said: This is only there for private fora. Is one of the forums listed there a private forum?
Image My weblog | gamerslog.com | No support via PM or ICQ or email - If you don't know a term or a program mentioned in a post -> Google is your friend
rbblue8

Post by rbblue8 »

yes, officers is.
who_cares

Post by who_cares »

did you set it to private or to moderator?
and did you use the [hidden] option?
rbblue8

Post by rbblue8 »

have it set to private. and yeah used the [hidden] option
zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK »

Perhaps related: Do you have any MODs installed or changed your php files manually? I'm just asking because of that error message in the left frame :-?

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”