What mp3 player do you have?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Natan

Post by Natan »

mp3 player? I lug around my laptop when I want to listen to music!
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."
BillyBobBongo

Post by BillyBobBongo »

512MB iPod Shuffle...and it rocks!
waffles

Post by waffles »

20 gig Dell DJ. No picture viewing, no video viewing, just file storage and music playing. Just the way I like it, no extra crap to worry about. And I just ordered an 80 gig hard drive so I can have things ready to move on and off of it a lot more easily than I can now 'cuz I'll have the space for it.
Quillz
Name: Joseph

Post by Quillz »

30 gig, black 5G iPod
Xamence

Post by Xamence »

A nice blue Logik. :)
zeroK
Former Team Member

Post by zeroK »

Nephrus wrote:
starfoxtj wrote:lol Nephrus.

Do you use iTunes or xplay for your ipod?

iTunes and Windows Media Player. iTunes does not come with repeat or any of the other fun things that WMP has. >.>

Uhm.... at least in iTunes6 for Mac you have a repeat-button as the 3rd one in the lower left corner :)

I currently have an iAudio G3 1GB but I'm currently thinking about getting a Nano 4GB or a Video iPod 30GB depending on what other things get announced next week. Also just a short question to all the iPod (with HD) users: How save is it to use it if you're riding a big through the woods? ;)
Image My weblog | gamerslog.com | No support via PM or ICQ or email - If you don't know a term or a program mentioned in a post -> Google is your friend
Nephrus
Former Team Member

Post by Nephrus »

zeroK wrote:
Nephrus wrote:
starfoxtj wrote:lol Nephrus.

Do you use iTunes or xplay for your ipod?

iTunes and Windows Media Player. iTunes does not come with repeat or any of the other fun things that WMP has. >.>

Uhm.... at least in iTunes6 for Mac you have a repeat-button as the 3rd one in the lower left corner :)

I run Windows, so there's a lot to be desired when using a competitors application. ;)
[ Zelda Planet - nephrus.net - phpBB Userguide - phpBB Knowledge Base - phpBB.com Forum Rules ]
ABSOLUTELY NO support via PM/IM/email or I'll get a cow to sit on you
morvak

Createive Zen Nano 512k

Post by morvak »

I didn't fall for the overpriced, forced-into-pen Ipod that makes you sign up for their service through apple. I don't do well with being told what to do ;)

And no offense to you podders.

But I bought the Zen Nano 1gig for a friend, she's got a library of 1500 mp3's. She uses it to work out, and after 1 month she's only filled it half-way!

So I went out and bought the 512k cuz i dont have a large library. It's fast, small, and allows you to copy mp3s, wma's, even acts as a file storage device (you can copy anything to it).

It plays random, plays folders, you can customise EQ, and all for $80! check out circuit-city.com i think it's like $70 actually.
the Art of Free Expression
Original T-shirts and Stickers
and now with a forum dedicated to free expression!
Endimion

Post by Endimion »

Quillz wrote: 30 gig, black 5G iPod
ihave ipod too it is realy great so u watch anime or not
AdamR
Former Team Member
Name: Adam Reyher

Post by AdamR »

Creative Zen Touch 20GB. Of course, like the way everything goes for me when buying technology, the price of the 40GB was reduced 1 week after I bought it. :P

I wouldn't trade this sucker for anything ATM. The sound quality is very impressive when using better-than-par headphones, moreso than the iPod I've found. Nothing compares to the 24 hour battery life. It's advertised as 24 hours, I've been able to pull 29 hours out of it playing 128Kbps and 192Kbps tracks.

Honestly, it's an MP3 player. I don't need a color screen or a calendar. It plays music and does an outstanding job. If I want flashy features, I'll buy a PDA and get a whole lot more than any iPod can offer. :P

- Adam
phpBB Support: Welcome | Userguide | Knowledge Base | Search
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

AdamR wrote: Creative Zen Touch 20GB. Of course, like the way everything goes for me when buying technology, the price of the 40GB was reduced 1 week after I bought it. :P

I wouldn't trade this sucker for anything ATM. The sound quality is very impressive when using better-than-par headphones, moreso than the iPod I've found. Nothing compares to the 24 hour battery life. It's advertised as 24 hours, I've been able to pull 29 hours out of it playing 128Kbps and 192Kbps tracks.

Honestly, it's an MP3 player. I don't need a color screen or a calendar. It plays music and does an outstanding job. If I want flashy features, I'll buy a PDA and get a whole lot more than any iPod can offer. :P

- Adam

Can you just drop in an mp3 file in explorer? Or do you need to use their software like ipods?
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!
imac600

Post by imac600 »

I've always seen Creative and the Zen as 'the enemy'. I got really ticked
off when they released the Zen Nano and realised "hey, Apple's already
got the iPod Nano!".

Although i'm that kind of Mac person, where if it isn't an Apple computer
it's probably no good. No offense Linux users, i'm referring to Windows. ;)

Back on topic, when I want to play music I take my Macintosh PowerBook
1400cs/133. I haven't used it recently as some upgrades are being sent
as well as a replacement battery charger. After all, it has been in use for
10 years. (Still works perfectly. :D)
kaihao96

Post by kaihao96 »

Irive H-10 5gb.... 8)
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

grrr i broke mine last night :twisted:
Crazy-D