zlisiecki wrote: what phpbb version do you use ? the exact knowlegde is important for the community.
if somebody is writting your files and you don't have controll over it the best thing to do is reformat the disk !!!
yet before reformating make an exact copy, or just buy a new disk.
1. install www server (apache) chrooted
2. install mod_security
3. edit php.ini and exclude unneccessary functions
4. install newest phpbb version
5. ask users to change passwords
6. analyse the method of hacking
7. observe new forum and report here
8. disconnect dangerous IPs like some networs from china, taiwan, etc