Adding Avatars to Avatar Gallery?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
DLL_4ever

Adding Avatars to Avatar Gallery?

Post by DLL_4ever »

Im having a problem with this... i've uploaded about 13 avatars to the avatar gallery, but they dont seem to be showing up when you click on Show Gallery (in your profile)...

I've looked all over the admin control panel and cant seem to find anything about "installing" avatar photos in the avatar gallery or anything like that...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
jeevan25

Post by jeevan25 »

did you enable avatar gallery in configuration in acp?
Circle

Post by Circle »

jeevan25 wrote: did you enable avatar gallery in configuration in acp?

He should have if he can see "show avatar gallerie" check if the properties of the file are set to 777 by using your FTP client.
matsp

same problem here

Post by matsp »

I have exactly the same problem. Ive uploaded images to the images/avatar/gallery folder, have checked paths in configuration, and it is also enabled. However i get no options after clicking on "show gallery". This is probably sometiing really obvious but ive looked everywhere and cant find the solution.
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

have you mADE sure the avatars are inside subfolders inside the gallery folder, all the gallery avatars have to be uploaded into subfoldders, so imagine you have car avatars they would go for example in

/images/avatars/gallery/cars

see the cars subfolder, you need to follow this sort of format with all your gallery avatars
matsp

problem solved

Post by matsp »

Thanks mate, thats sorted it out.

I uploaded to the images/avatar/gallery folder originally. Now that i've added new folders in the gallery folder and added images in there it works great.

Thanks for taking the time to help us out :-)
Siler

Post by Siler »

I have a question for that as well. Do the avatars have to be placed within the template folders or in the original phbbb directory? For example, I have the bsrf template. Do I go into that template and into it's avatars and add the proper folder to place my avatars? Or do I add them to the main directory for the phpbb?
Circle

Post by Circle »

Siler wrote: I have a question for that as well. Do the avatars have to be placed within the template folders or in the original phbbb directory? For example, I have the bsrf template. Do I go into that template and into it's avatars and add the proper folder to place my avatars? Or do I add them to the main directory for the phpbb?

The template has no avatar folder.
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

in the root folder inside the forumroot/images/avatars/gallery/subfolder/
Siler

Post by Siler »

Circle wrote: The template has no avatar folder.

*shakes head* :oops: So that's a no. Shall I delete the post or leave it for others to learn from my stupidity?
Circle

Post by Circle »

Siler wrote:
Circle wrote: The template has no avatar folder.

*shakes head* :oops: So that's a no. Shall I delete the post or leave it for others to learn from my stupidity?

Problem on this board is that you can;t delete your post only edit it. :D
Siler

Post by Siler »

Nice to know. Well I'm always willing to help others. I added my avatars and they're looking great! Thanks guys. *wanders off to other topic to learn more*. :wink:

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”