[BETA] MySpace profile button

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
defender39

[BETA] MySpace profile button

Post by defender39 »

MOD Title: MYSPACE PROFILE BUTTON
MOD Description: I just created a phpbb mod for adding a myspace button in your profile that links to your myspace profile. You will see a space for MYSPACE PROFILE. Add your name...anyone viewing a profile will see it and anyone with a myspace in their profile will get an automatic link in their post underneath it. Very similar to the AIM, MSM, and PROFILE buttons already there.
MOD Version: 1.0.0

MOD Download: http://www.pspforums.com/myspace/MySpace_phpbb_mod.zip
Last Stable version: 1.0.0
Install Instructions http://www.pspforums.com/myspace/install.txt
Difficulty Medium 10-15 minutes

Demo Boards: DEMO FORUM 1 | DEMO FORUM 2 | DEMO FORUM 3

I decided to make this today. Only took me a few hours so not so bad.

I have 3 demo boards setup..I am in the process of changing the generic button I have made for this mod. The button with the mod is meant for subSilver template. I have included with the mod a layered PNG for easy editing into your existing template.

Image:

Please feel free to comment and ask questions.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Works. i'm sure a some of my members will appreciate this. thanks. I could sure use a Boyz theme icon... maybe I should ask in the styles forum.
defender39

Post by defender39 »

What's your site?
christiansongwriter

Post by christiansongwriter »

This looks very cool - many of my members have myspace music pages, and it would be great to have this feature! But, this doesn't work with easymod...are you going to try to make it EM compliant?

Thanks so much,
James
defender39

Post by defender39 »

What errors do you get with easymod? I have never used easymod myself.

Maybe someone here can assist you with that.
christiansongwriter

Lots of critical errors (just flat don't work :) )...no worries - now that I know an EM compliant version isn't on the way, when I have time to run through the installation manually I'll do so (maybe even later tonight).

Thanks,
James
defender39

Post by defender39 »

Ok..but I will look into the easymod version. I just never used it before as I prefer to hand code my changes to ensure compatibility.
tempered007

Post by tempered007 »

Is it possible to make the mod display an iframe of the myspace page - in the profile? Thanks for this mod! I like it!
defender39

Post by defender39 »

Yes that's possible but why would you want that? You are better off just target blank to their page. The iframe will be ugly.
defender39

Post by defender39 »

OK I updated it to reflect MOD validation. I am not sure if this helps with easymod or not but it should.
christiansongwriter

Hi,

Still didn't work with EM, so I did it manually. There was also one typo (you had in-line after, add, instead of in-line before, add - I shoulda made note of what file it was but I didn't, sorry...it was obvious though, it was adding something before a ); I believe).

Seems to work great, but I do have a question...I'd like the image to display to the left of the msn image, since I also have Yahoo and AOLIM add-ons (it seems out of place now). How hard would it be to move it over, and how many/which files would I need to edit?

Great mod, btw...

Thanks so much,
James
defender39

Post by defender39 »

Look in the template file to change the position order.

viewtopic_body.tpl
christiansongwriter

Got it - thanks! :) And I just emailed all of my members, letting them know they add their MySpace page to their profiles! :)

Regards,
James
defender39

Post by defender39 »

Excellent. Now I have to see about making this easymod compatible.

It should be fairly easy I guess.
tempered007

Post by tempered007 »

Thanks for the reply Defender...I wanted the iframe, because I want my members to be able to completely customize the look of their profile -without subjecting my board to security issues.

I felt that having myspace open in an Iframe would allow complete customization of the profile, without any detriment to me. THanks.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”