ACP User Registration

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
74%
Very Good
19%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 31

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

ACP User Registration

Post by Extensions Robot » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:58 pm

MOD Name: ACP User Registration
Author: Fountain of Apples
MOD Description: Allows quick registration of new users to the board from within the ACP.

Features:
  • Simple Mode for quick registration of a user with just username/e-mail/password
  • Advanced Mode allowing control of all details (minus avatar) during registration
  • User is immediately activated regardless of activation settings
  • Ability to choose to send an e-mail notification to the new user when registered
  • Ability to automatically add the user as a member to specified usergroups
MOD Version: 1.0.1 (Updated 10/15/06)
Tested on phpBB Version: 2.0.21

Download File: acpuserregistration_1_01.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 18935 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:01 pm

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Adds the ability to register new members to the board from within the admin panel.

(This is a MODding's Most Wanted MOD.) :)
Last edited by webmacster87 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:01 pm

Temporary download link from phpBB.com: Download

ACP User Registration 1.0.1 is Released!
ACP User Registration 1.0.1, the "Say It, Don't Bugspray It" edition, has been released! This update fixes a potential security issue present in Graham's insert_user class. If you are using 1.0.0 or earlier, it is highly recommended that you view the update.

About ACP User Registration
ACP User Registration is a MODding's Most Wanted MOD which allows a quick registration of new users from within the admin panel. This is great for quick creation of new users for demo boards, test boards, etc., and much better than the alternative which requires logging out, registering a new user, and then logging back in as the administrator. Also, if there's any activation methods required, those have to be run.

ACP User Registration eliminates all that with a simple form that can be as comprehensive as an entire list to as simple as username/password/e-mail. Activation measures are bypassed. ACP User Registration can also send an e-mail to the new user, or automatically add the user to one or more groups automatically.
The MOD is quite lightweight, all that needs to be edited is lang_admin.php to add some lang entries; the rest are files to upload.

Will this MOD be available for phpBB3?
No, I am only planning to maintain this MOD for phpBB2. However, Highway of Life is working on a similar MOD for phpBB3 which you should take a look at.

Can I use ACP User Registration to register banned users?
This has been considered, but the answer is no. When registering, the users registered from the admin panel go through the same suite of validation checks that normal registrations do. The reason for this is that the framework behind ACP User Registration simply creates brand new users; they are not identifiable as being registered from the admin panel or not. They are just new users. Any limitations on new registrations due to bans will thus take effect, and any code to avoid them would have to be very comprehensive. Besides, you should follow the rules you set. ;)

I get the following error:
Warning: Missing argument 10 for validate_optional_fields() in /home/ACCOUNTNAME/public_html/phpBB/includes/functions_validate.php on line XXX

This error occurs because you've installed at least one other MOD which adds a field to the default profile, and ACP User Registration was packaged without that MOD in mind. ;) Here is a temporary fix which will leave that field blank during the registration process. You can go back and edit that field later.
Open admin/admin_acpuser.php
Find (This is a partial find, the full line is longer):

Code: Select all

validate_optional_fields(
In-Line Find (End of the line):

);
In-Line Before, Add:

, ''
If you get a new error that says Missing argument 11, then repeat the same instruction above until you don't get an error anymore. :)

Credits
Thanks MUCH to Graham for his insert_user class -- it is the driving force behind this MOD.

Screenshots
I don't have any, however if someone would like to post some in this topic, I'll put a link here.

Translations
Want to translate this MOD? Make a complete translation of the install.txt file (which includes all the lang entries to be translated) and send me a PM; I'll give you my e-mail address for which to send it to. You don't have to do any translations to the extra files. I hope to get a nice list of languages to link to here! :)

Enjoy ACP User Registration!
--Fountain of Apples
Last edited by webmacster87 on Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:55 pm

Thanks! I have a differen't register mod, but i think i'll switch to this. Can i install mods the same way as in the register files, or is there a big code difference?

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:30 pm

eviL<3 wrote: Can i install mods the same way as in the register files, or is there a big code difference?

Sorry, I don't completely understand what you mean by this. :?

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:53 am

Fountain of Apples wrote:
eviL<3 wrote:Can i install mods the same way as in the register files, or is there a big code difference?

Sorry, i wanted to ask, if i can simply add any custom fields from mods, by following the mods instructions. But doesn't matter really. Who needs that? :D

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:42 am

eviL<3 wrote:
Fountain of Apples wrote:
eviL<3 wrote:Can i install mods the same way as in the register files, or is there a big code difference?

Sorry, i wanted to ask, if i can simply add any custom fields from mods, by following the mods instructions. But doesn't matter really. Who needs that? :D

admin_acpuser.php is coded a bit differently than includes/usercp_register.php, so doing that would require a special add-on unique to ACP User Registration. However, I should write a little tutorial sometime on how to do that.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:14 pm

The install went smoothly though into my heavily modded 2.0.19 boards using EasyMod. The only problem I have is that it errors out when checking for updates. This happens in both my Test and Live boards...

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:26 pm

And... that would be my fault. Here's the fix:

Open admin/avc_mods/avc_acpuser.php
Find:

$mod_domain_loc = 'www.webmacster87.info';
(Should be line 44)
Replace With:

$mod_domain_loc = 'http://www.webmacster87.info';
I'll fix this in a future release, although this isn't integral to the actual MOD (and I'm really busy nowadays) so I won't update this right away.
Last edited by webmacster87 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:29 pm

That line was already changed on my board, so there must be something else going on. This is my code for the avc_avc.php file:

$mod_name = 'Advanced Version Check';
$mod_current_version = '3.0.2';
$mod_dev_status = 'stable';
$mod_domain_loc = 'http://www.webmacster87.info';
$mod_file_name = 'avc.xml';
$mod_file_loc = 'versioncheck';

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:33 pm

I see the mistake. Apparently you meant to change the avc_acpuser.php file instead of the avc_avc.php file. I made the change in the avc_acpuser.php file and all is well now...

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:54 pm

Indeed. Can I slap myself?

I've edited it.

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:30 pm

A Dutch Translation of ACP User Registration has been added -- thanks for narcotics for making it!

See third post for more info and download link.

rapghsi

good!! thanks

Post by rapghsi » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:42 pm

good!! thanks

jgreeno

Post by jgreeno » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:22 pm

I am running phpBB 2.0.15 and have followed the install instructions but when I click the "Register User" link I get nothing but a blank window..

Any ideas on what I might be missing?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”