Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

imoore

Post by imoore »

Holger wrote: Are you logged in as admin?
Did you change the forum-permissions?

Sorry, who were you replying to?
CaptiveBred

Post by CaptiveBred »

I am having trouble installing this mod. When it is complete, I get these errors in the admin control panel when I click on any of the attachment links---
------Control Panel--------
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: include_attach_lang() in /home/content/w/i/l/wil/html/DI/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 52

-----The rest of them------
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: include_attach_lang() in /home/content/w/i/l/wil/html/DI/admin/admin_attachments.php on line 58

This is a fresh instal of phpbb with nothing done to it. I followed the directions to install the attachment mod two times and have the same problem.

Any ideas?
gmhowell

Annotation

Post by gmhowell »

I wrote a document showing how I applied this mod to the phpbbWASO mod, but it might have some broad applications for people wanting help, esp. for those not 100% up on php and phpbb.

Attachment Mod info
George
"I ride for the same reason dogs stick their heads out of car windows."
MagicCheary

No Option to Attach Appearing

Post by MagicCheary »

I have been struggling with this all day (Honestly, 7+ hours) and would really appreciate some help.

New forum just setup (V2.0.19), want to use the Attachment Mod(V2.4.1). Downloaded and ran install that runs's SQL to update the tables, all Ok. Applied the other files. Downloaded the Pre-Mod files and applied these, again no problems.

In my Admin Panel I now have the Attachments and Extensions Options. I have been through all these options and they look ok. Ran the Test and this also says it's Ok.

BUT....... That's it, nothing else, In my Forum Permissions I dont have a 'Attachatch'/'Download' option, In my User Permissions I have no Attach options and in my Group Permissions I have no Attach Options.

Not surprising when I go to add a new post no option comes up that would allow me to attach anything.

Please help.
JDMMugen22

Post by JDMMugen22 »

can someone please help me. I installed the AdInfinitum not to long ago and now am having problems the attachment mod. I was running the DustyGreen skin with the attach mod and it worked fine but when i went to go add the mod to the template files it screwed up somewhere.

Here is an image of the posting preview with attachments:

http://www.jdmfloridascene.com/posting_preview.jpg

And here is how it looks in Mozilla with the attachments:

http://www.jdmfloridascene.com/posting_after1.jpg

http://www.jdmfloridascene.com/posting_after2.jpg

I need help on which files to edit to correct this error. Oh and for some reason in IE only on attachment shows up and the rest dont show. I think the attachment body is messed up somewhere but i dont know where to start.

Thanks!
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

I would check the edits in the viewtopic_body.tpl from the most recent backup possibly reapplying them from scratch on that file.
JDMMugen22

Post by JDMMugen22 »

i think it has more to do with the attachment body but i am doing to try something.

when i put the {postrow.ATTACHMENTS} in front of the {postrow.MESSAGE} it stretch's it out to the end of the reply's.
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

If that is the case and it may very well be as it seems your forum width is set to a very slim setting. If you don't want to edit the attachment template you might try this mod it is cool I use it on my forum it will prevent your format from being broken. Works like a charm. Prevent Layout From Being Broken
JDMMugen22

Post by JDMMugen22 »

the only question i have is that it was fine with the other template so do you think it might be something to do with the css or template files?
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

Yeah I am pretty sure it is your new tempalte look how narrow it is compared to many other templates, images will cause it to destroy the layout pretty quickly is my thought. I had the same issue with my template that is why I suggested the mod which I did.
JDMMugen22

Post by JDMMugen22 »

what mod are you talking about?
johnnytli

Same error msg

Post by johnnytli »

CaptiveBred wrote: I am having trouble installing this mod. When it is complete, I get these errors in the admin control panel when I click on any of the attachment links---
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: include_attach_lang() in /home/content/w/i/l/wil/html/DI/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 52

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: include_attach_lang() in /home/content/w/i/l/wil/html/DI/admin/admin_attachments.php on line 58

This is a fresh instal of phpbb with nothing done to it. I followed the directions to install the attachment mod two times and have the same problem.

Any ideas?

I installed 2.0.19 and MOD Version: 2.4.1 and have the same error.
I am hosting with IX Web Hosting running on PHP Version 4.3.11.

I am getting the same two error reports:

include_attach_lang() on line 52 and
include_attach_lang() on line 58
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: No Option to Attach Appearing

Post by DavidIQ »

MagicCheary wrote: I have been struggling with this all day (Honestly, 7+ hours) and would really appreciate some help.

New forum just setup (V2.0.19), want to use the Attachment Mod(V2.4.1). Downloaded and ran install that runs's SQL to update the tables, all Ok. Applied the other files. Downloaded the Pre-Mod files and applied these, again no problems.

In my Admin Panel I now have the Attachments and Extensions Options. I have been through all these options and they look ok. Ran the Test and this also says it's Ok.

BUT....... That's it, nothing else, In my Forum Permissions I dont have a 'Attachatch'/'Download' option, In my User Permissions I have no Attach options and in my Group Permissions I have no Attach Options.

Not surprising when I go to add a new post no option comes up that would allow me to attach anything.

Please help.

Are you using subSilver?
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
DavidIQ
Name: David Colón

Re: Same error msg

Post by DavidIQ »

johnnytli wrote:
CaptiveBred wrote:I am having trouble installing this mod. When it is complete, I get these errors in the admin control panel when I click on any of the attachment links---

Any ideas?

I installed 2.0.19 and MOD Version: 2.4.1 and have the same error.
I am hosting with IX Web Hosting running on PHP Version 4.3.11.

I am getting the same two error reports:

include_attach_lang() on line 52 and
include_attach_lang() on line 58

Both of you are missing the edit done to common.php
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
firocious

Post by firocious »

I have this MOD working, but ...

Right now I'm getting thumbnails that are about 80% the size (in resolution of the original image) - which is not very useful.

How do I control the size of the thumbnail created?

For example, I want them to always be 50x50 pixels big.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”