Template Changes 2.0.19

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
Graham
Former Team Member

Template Changes 2.0.19

Post by Graham »

2.0.19 added a new feature related to login-attempts which requires template changes in order to work.

As usual, since this is a functional change, and submissions after the release of 2.0.19 with this missing will be denied.

The changes required are below.

OPEN

Code: Select all

admin/board_config_body.tpl
FIND

<tr>
  		<td class="row1">{L_TOPICS_PER_PAGE}</td>
BEFORE, ADD

<tr>
 		<td class="row1">{L_MAX_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS}<br /><span class="gensmall">{L_MAX_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
		<td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" size="3" maxlength="4" name="max_login_attempts" value="{MAX_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS}" /></td>
 	</tr>
 	<tr>
 		<td class="row1">{L_LOGIN_RESET_TIME}<br /><span class="gensmall">{L_LOGIN_RESET_TIME_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
 		<td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" size="3" maxlength="4" name="login_reset_time" value="{LOGIN_RESET_TIME}" /></td>
 	</tr>
A further change was made to index_body.tpl to move the version information. This change is purely cosmetic and will not be required
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
rctneil

Post by rctneil »

I can only find board_config_body.tpl in the classic style that i am using.
Is this correct?

Thanks

Neil
petermakosch

Post by petermakosch »

Yeah thats the one :D
My Website | DeviantArt

i want to be uploaded
rctneil

Post by rctneil »

Sorted!

Thanks

Neil
Siler

Post by Siler »

Ok...total newbie here. I downloaded the changed files version and I now believe that this was the wrong choice as I already had version 2.0.18 up and running. Do I choose the 2.0.18_to2.0.19 file and add it to my file directory or do I have to go and download the patch only file? :oops:

ETA: I went and downloaded the patch file. Do I choose the 1.0.18 to 1.0.19 patch file to add to my directory? And I add all files above that?
Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Use 2.0.18_to_2.0.19.zip. Overwrite all the files in your forum with the ones located in that zip file. As well, make sure you upload the install and contrib folder along with those files. Then run install/update_to_latest.php and it will update your database for you.
Andrew Charron || alexis support forum || Specializing in phpBB website template integration
Hurry up, my feash is siek.
AndrewCharron.com version 5 released!
Freestyle XL

Post by Freestyle XL »

Greetings,

Does styles team do any validation at all or just wait for next phpBB version to be released and then deny all previous submissions? I have submitted styles in august then phpBB 2.0.18 was released and styles were denied for not having code for 2.0.18. After that I have resubmitted styles the same day with updated code for 2.0.18. Now 2.0.19 is released and today all styles got denied again. If I resubmit styles now will it ever be validated or denied for not having code for phpBB 2.0.20?

This is really frustrating. I submit styles, styles do not get validated, not ever, and then styles are denied for not having code for phpBB version that didn't exist on moment of submission. I'm not a fortune teller and cannot predit what code would be required for phpBB 2.0.20.
»AcidTech« »Counter-Strike« »Flower Power« »Getaway« »GreenTech« »Jet«

All styles are updated for phpBB 2.0.21
SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` »

Freestyle XL wrote: Greetings,

Does styles team do any validation at all or just wait for next phpBB version to be released and then deny all previous submissions? I have submitted styles in august then phpBB 2.0.18 was released and styles were denied for not having code for 2.0.18. After that I have resubmitted styles the same day with updated code for 2.0.18. Now 2.0.19 is released and today all styles got denied again. If I resubmit styles now will it ever be validated or denied for not having code for phpBB 2.0.20?

This is really frustrating. I submit styles, styles do not get validated, not ever, and then styles are denied for not having code for phpBB version that didn't exist on moment of submission. I'm not a fortune teller and cannot predit what code would be required for phpBB 2.0.20.

It's true that styles validation doesn't happen as fast as the rate new styles are submitted. The amount of man-hours available just varies and this happens from time to time.

It is also a pain in the backside should there be template changes which break those validated for older versions, and we do try and avoid these when we can... So even if there is a 2.0.20 sometime in the future, the chances of HTML changes should be slim, as most of the files for the subSilver template have been unchanged in years. In such cases, pending styles validated for 2.0.19 will automatucally 2.0.20 compatible anyway. :)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
The Skullz

Post by The Skullz »

i cant do it :-(
The Skullz ::::::::::: www.the-skullz.co.nr ::::::
Siler

Post by Siler »

Kazer0 wrote: Use 2.0.18_to_2.0.19.zip. Overwrite all the files in your forum with the ones located in that zip file. As well, make sure you upload the install and contrib folder along with those files. Then run install/update_to_latest.php and it will update your database for you.

Ok....I started with this and began to rewrite the files. I came across a file .htaccess Yahoo calls it an invalid file. Any ideas? Also, are these files to be added to the main phpbb directory or the individual template directory?
m_daif

Post by m_daif »

I cant rhit englesh.. but iam reding
sssssssssory!!
thanks this supj
Oh :oops:
الحياة انسان والإنسان حياة
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

Okay, I am an extreme newbie....are you saying that in the styles/themes I have downloaded for my forum need to be altered with that code first, before I attempt to install them on my board?
niksa

Post by niksa »

Ladysarajane wrote: Okay, I am an extreme newbie....are you saying that in the styles/themes I have downloaded for my forum need to be altered with that code first, before I attempt to install them on my board?

Check the individual theme's thread first, some of them don't need to be updated.. some haven't been updated since 2.0.6. It often will say something about this in the readme.txt type file that comes with the theme. Also check the theme's official thread in the Styles forum (just search for the name of the theme, it should find it).

I just went through and updated one of the themes I was using from 2.0.2 to 2.0.19, and it's a pain but it's worth it!

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”