[BETA] SMF 1.0.x Converter

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

idburns wrote: I can't browse the phpbb_words table in phpMyAdmin...I'm guessing because it's empty.

Check the phpbb_banlist table. Is there anything there?
Have you hugged someone today?
idburns

Post by idburns »

I have the following:

Code: Select all

ban_id  ban_userid  ban_ip  ban_email  
      1 0   [email protected] 
      2 0   [email protected] 
      3 13   NULL 
      4 110   NULL 
      5 0 ff06b04b NULL 
      6 0 ff0722c3 NULL 
      7 0 ffc69781 NULL 
I'm thinking I should just nuke those records, even if they aren't part of my problem, because they seem incomplete.
]
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Delete #3 and #4 and try to register.
idburns

Post by idburns »

I deleted the two records and still can't register.
]
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

check phpbb_disallow
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
idburns

Post by idburns »

SlapShot434 wrote: check phpbb_disallow

Hmm, disallow_id 1 is empty...this might be the culprit. Deleting that record now.
]
idburns

Post by idburns »

idburns wrote:
SlapShot434 wrote:check phpbb_disallow

Hmm, disallow_id 1 is empty...this might be the culprit. Deleting that record now.

That did it!

Excellent work gents.

Also, slash I really want to tell you that you did a fantastic job on this converter. It did a great job with the avatars, sigs, ranks, etc. Top notch work!
]
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

thank you very much, you dont know how excited I am to hear that it worked! Now i guess i have to figure out how to stop the blank disallow field.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.
idburns

Post by idburns »

Let me add, that a bunch of my quotes didn't migrate correctly. I just chalked this up to the different way that SMF handles the tagging for it.

I personally don't care, but I'm sure there will be some picky people out there that will need it to be done correctly.

While writing this post I've tried to find some examples...but it appears to be random. I found a bunch that didn't migrate properly that had this opening tag:

[quote="Username"]
But I've also found plenty that had the same opening tag that did migrate properly...I'm confused.

When I edit the post and just save it, without making any changes, the quote box then appears correctly.

I don't think this has anything to do with your converter...just a quirk that I thought folks should know about.
]
SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 »

Hey guys, just an update: Theres still a few bugs left, thought these are minor compared to some of the past bugs I've encountered. The laptop I usually use for programming and coding was recently damaged beyond repair (the logistics board literally set itself on fire!), so I really have not had much time to put effort into completing the converter. However, I am buying a new laptop in a few days, and will be able to set up a enw temporary server to test out different debugging senerios.

As I've said before, the only way i can truely test out the forum is with an actual database from an actual SMF Forum. Therefore, if anyone would be willing to donate a copy of their database to me, I'd certainly appreciate it. Let me assure you all data will be kept safe and confidential, and the copy will be permanantly erased following successful conversion. Please get back to me as soon as possible if you are willing to help.

Thanks guys, and happy coding,
Matt
Pablasso

Post by Pablasso »

i got this error this time, any suggestions? :?

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-1' at line 4

SELECT messages.ID_MSG, messages.ID_TOPIC, messages.ID_BOARD, messages.ID_MEMBER, messages.posterName, messages.posterTime, messages.posterIP, messages.smileysEnabled, messages.modifiedTime, messages.modifiedName FROM smf_messages messages LEFT JOIN smf_topics AS topics USING (ID_TOPIC) LIMIT 33220, -1
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Pablasso wrote: i got this error this time, any suggestions? :?

<----snip---->

You have run this convertor before and not gotten this error?

What MySQL version do you have? Did you recently upgrade? I think this is a problem with MySQL 4.1.x, but I am not sure how to fix it yet.
Pablasso

Post by Pablasso »

im using mysql-4.1.14 and i got this error everytime i use it, the problem could be that i converted my db from phpBB to smf first and im trying to get it back to phpBB again
fcarentz

Post by fcarentz »

Hey guys, the link here for the smf convertor seems to be dead. I get a Cannot Find Page when clicking the link in the first post. Does anyone have a working link to the zip file for this?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

fcarentz wrote: Hey guys, the link here for the smf convertor seems to be dead. I get a Cannot Find Page when clicking the link in the first post. Does anyone have a working link to the zip file for this?

smf 1.0.x convertor

Sourceforge is having some page loading problems at the present time, so keep trying. The file is definitely there.

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”