Add Multiple users...

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Post Reply
User avatar
spankme
Registered User
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:03 am
Contact:

Add Multiple users...

Post by spankme » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:28 pm

I cant find a mod for this here so does anyone know of one? surley there must be one... What I need is I have a Business where I need to add just over 500 names and they will all have the same password to acsess..
I dont want to add them one by one as this would take forever...
So if you know of one.. please.. please.... let me know...
Thank you..

User avatar
Ramon Fincken
Registered User
Posts: 4835
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:04 am
Location: NL, The Netherlands Amsterdam area @GMT +1
Contact:

Post by Ramon Fincken » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:54 pm

search for import users

there is a function available that allows you to use a CSV file username,password,<another_thing_here>
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=285945
Dutch quality fully managed WordPress hosting - ManagedWPHosting.nl

Before changing a file, some code or installing a MOD >> Make a backup first!

Do you like my mods? paypal me $1 :) forumsoftware[AT}creativepulses[DOT}nl [/size]
PhpBBantispam.com || Instant find your mod here

User avatar
Elias
Registered User
Posts: 4626
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Location: In the Water!
Name: Elias

Post by Elias » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:57 pm

But do the members already have to be created or soemthing or can you create them on the spot?
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

User avatar
spankme
Registered User
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:03 am
Contact:

Post by spankme » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:06 pm

Ramon Fincken wrote: search for import users

there is a function available that allows you to use a CSV file username,password,<another_thing_here>
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=285945


I did find this.. But i believe aa CSV file is a copy of users you already have so you can transfer them when you change forums.....
I need to add a large list of users who have never been listed...
Am I wrong? Thanks

User avatar
Ramon Fincken
Registered User
Posts: 4835
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:04 am
Location: NL, The Netherlands Amsterdam area @GMT +1
Contact:

Post by Ramon Fincken » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:25 pm

EY wrote: But do the members already have to be created or soemthing or can you create them on the spot?


If you just take the time to actually _read_ the post over there you see that it is an IMPORT function...
So the users do not exist before..
MOD Database Manager wrote: Classification: 52 Admin Tools

MOD Name: Import Tools
Author: Graham
MOD Description: This MOD will import a list of members held in a CSV* file and create user accounts for each of those members on the forum.

* Comma Separated Variable
eg

Code: Select all

username,email,password
MOD Version: 1.0.1
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 3 Minutes

Download File: Import_Tools_1.0.1.zip
File Size: 8635 Bytes

Security Score: 0

spankme wrote:
Ramon Fincken wrote:search for import users

there is a function available that allows you to use a CSV file username,password,<another_thing_here>
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=285945


I did find this.. But i believe aa CSV file is a copy of users you already have so you can transfer them when you change forums.....
I need to add a large list of users who have never been listed...
Am I wrong? Thanks


a CSV is just an excel file.
make the excel file and export it as CSV,

questions? >> over here!
Dutch quality fully managed WordPress hosting - ManagedWPHosting.nl

Before changing a file, some code or installing a MOD >> Make a backup first!

Do you like my mods? paypal me $1 :) forumsoftware[AT}creativepulses[DOT}nl [/size]
PhpBBantispam.com || Instant find your mod here

User avatar
spankme
Registered User
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:03 am
Contact:

Post by spankme » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:29 pm

ok thank you very much.. I did read into it and it looks like that is the ticket... now all I need to do is figure out how to make a CSV file..
do I need that excel program?

User avatar
Ramon Fincken
Registered User
Posts: 4835
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:04 am
Location: NL, The Netherlands Amsterdam area @GMT +1
Contact:

Post by Ramon Fincken » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:36 pm

spankme wrote: ok thank you very much.. I did read into it and it looks like that is the ticket... now all I need to do is figure out how to make a CSV file..
do I need that excel program?


:)

well... that would be an option.
You can also create a CSV file with your favorite txt editor like Notepad or something equal.

Make sure to make a backup first ;)

Rfn


example of a CSV:

Code: Select all

some_name,some_id
Alkmaar,89
Almelo,90
Almere,91
Alphen a/d Rijn,92
Dutch quality fully managed WordPress hosting - ManagedWPHosting.nl

Before changing a file, some code or installing a MOD >> Make a backup first!

Do you like my mods? paypal me $1 :) forumsoftware[AT}creativepulses[DOT}nl [/size]
PhpBBantispam.com || Instant find your mod here

bradymills
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:12 am

Re: Add Multiple users...

Post by bradymills » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:15 am

Hi,

I have uploaded the mod -- for importing multiple users using CSV file. Everything seems to work fine, until I try to import the file from the directory. I receive the confirmation that users have been added; however, when i check the userlist, only the user on the first row of the CSV file was added. Any idea why I'm having this problem.

Thanks!

User avatar
Ramon Fincken
Registered User
Posts: 4835
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:04 am
Location: NL, The Netherlands Amsterdam area @GMT +1
Contact:

Re: Add Multiple users...

Post by Ramon Fincken » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:45 am

bradymills wrote: Hi,

I have uploaded the mod -- for importing multiple users using CSV file. Everything seems to work fine, until I try to import the file from the directory. I receive the confirmation that users have been added; however, when i check the userlist, only the user on the first row of the CSV file was added. Any idea why I'm having this problem.

Thanks!



I have no clue, because I'm not the mod author I suggest using the mod topic to get your answer :)
Dutch quality fully managed WordPress hosting - ManagedWPHosting.nl

Before changing a file, some code or installing a MOD >> Make a backup first!

Do you like my mods? paypal me $1 :) forumsoftware[AT}creativepulses[DOT}nl [/size]
PhpBBantispam.com || Instant find your mod here

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Requests”