[2.0.19] Youtube Video BBCode

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
12%
Good
11%
Fair
3%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 195

omio

Re: [2.0.19] Youtube Video BBCode

Post by omio »

MOD Database Manager wrote: Classification: 53 BBCode

MOD Name: Youtube Video BBCode
Author: michaeltripp
MOD Description: Adds a new bbcode allowing you to easily embed videos from YouTube.com.

MOD Version: 1.0.1 (Updated 03/21/06)
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 5 Minutes

Download File: youtube-1.0.1.mod
File Size: 5790 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.

Its really execellent.
How can I put it in my forum.
How can I installl
gunblade83

Post by gunblade83 »

I'm interested in this MOD but in your guide, you said must have multiple BBcode MOD installed and given the link http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=74705 cannot be found.

I try to modified the bbcode.php but can't find $EMBB_widths = array(''

Can someone guide me, i'm a newbie here...thanks :)

edited

guy, i found it.
anyway thanks
michaeltripp

Post by michaeltripp »

gunblade83 wrote: I'm interested in this MOD but in your guide, you said must have multiple BBcode MOD installed and given the link http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=74705 cannot be found.

I try to modified the bbcode.php but can't find $EMBB_widths = array(''

Can someone guide me, i'm a newbie here...thanks :)

edited

guy, i found it.
anyway thanks
For anybody else who couldn't find it, the correct location of the Multiple BBCode mod is here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=145513
OTmaster
I've Been Banned!

Post by OTmaster »

will this work for www.bolt.com?
michaeltripp

Re: [2.0.19] Youtube Video BBCode

Post by michaeltripp »

omio wrote:
MOD Database Manager wrote:Classification: 53 BBCode

MOD Name: Youtube Video BBCode
Author: michaeltripp
MOD Description: Adds a new bbcode allowing you to easily embed videos from YouTube.com.

MOD Version: 1.0.1 (Updated 03/21/06)
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 5 Minutes

Download File: youtube-1.0.1.mod
File Size: 5790 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.

Its really execellent.
How can I put it in my forum.
How can I installl
To learn about mods and how to install them, try reading the PHPBB mod FAQ. In particular, read "How to Install Mods".

Also, remember that before you install the YouTube BBCode mod you need to have the Multiple BBCode mod installed.
michaeltripp

Post by michaeltripp »

OTmaster wrote: will this work for www.bolt.com?
No, but I am considering writing another mod that would.
michaeltripp

Post by michaeltripp »

michaeltripp wrote:
OTmaster wrote:will this work for www.bolt.com?
No, but I am considering writing another mod that would.
I just finished writing a version of this tag for Bolt.com and uploaded it to be validated by the Mod Team. As soon as they validate it (a week or so, I would guess), I'll post a link here.

Edit: The Bolt Mod can be found here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=382734
Last edited by michaeltripp on Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
ndonezn

Post by ndonezn »

is bolt the same kind of thing....converts vid to flash and allows free hosting?
michaeltripp

Post by michaeltripp »

ndonezn wrote: is bolt the same kind of thing....converts vid to flash and allows free hosting?
Yeah, Bolt is sort of like Myspace and Youtube smooshed together, but with less users than either. I don't particularly like it, but it was pretty easy to make the BBCode tag so I did.
meshugy

Post by meshugy »

ndonezn wrote: so i have messed around with this, but i can not get it to work :?
i had video bbcode when i installed this and it looks like it has mixed up with this--for both "youtube" and "video" buttons refer to "youtube tags."

i rechecked all the coding and i still get this reply when posting a youtube link

im starting ot wonder if my multiple bbcode mod is installed properly...i installed that mod some time ago but i have never used another mod that required it...is that a possiblility for this error im having?

**edit**

i removed video bbcode mod and it works great!!! this is a lot more efficient than video bbcode...when i was removing the mod i remember seeing something that i would have to change the array # if used with another mod...i have no idea how to do that...so if anyone wants to use both this is what they must do

thanks for the MOD michael :wink:

I'm having the same problem. I have the attachment mod installed (but no the bbcode video mod)...could this be causing a problem?
ndonezn

Post by ndonezn »

meshugy:. uhm...i have attach and this mod and it is fine...however, i was having a problem with this and video... did you install this by hand?
hmartin

Post by hmartin »

meshugy wrote: I'm having the same problem. I have the attachment mod installed (but no the bbcode video mod)...could this be causing a problem?

Ditto.
I'm only getting the [youtube] tags, no embedded video. I don't have the video mod installed, I do have multibbcode mod. :?
I'm using a variant of subSilver and I don't ever use easymod.
Last edited by hmartin on Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

DragonMaster1: I really need more information. What other mods do you have installed? Are you using a theme other than subSilver? Did you install it with Easymod? Etc.

I have too many mods to name and I use subBlack and I NEVER use Easy Mod [/quote]
meshugy

Post by meshugy »

ndonezn wrote: meshugy:. uhm...i have attach and this mod and it is fine...however, i was having a problem with this and video... did you install this by hand?

Yes, I installed this mod by hand but can't get it to work. :cry:

I'm using a differnt skin then subsilver...is that the problem?

See: http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

That's too bad with all the problems, why is it even required to have the bbcode mod? it probably adds more issues then people care to have. I don't have the bbcode mod and I have this MOD working for me. which, by the way, thanks for the MOD.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”