Help with making a new smiley pack

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
grantjones

Help with making a new smiley pack

Post by grantjones »

I made a .zip file with winzip and a zipped .rar file with winrar but i couldnt make a smiley pack. Can someone help me with what to do, step by step?

I did everything it said, like if there was a bmp file i'd put pic.bmp, but do i put like C:/My Computer/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Pictures/pic.bmp? It's not showing up under import smiley pack.
Last edited by grantjones on Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Help with making a new smiley pack

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

grantjones wrote: I made a .zip file with winzip and a zipped .rar file with winrar but i couldnt make a smiley pack. Can someone help me with what to do, step by step?

a pak file is not a compression type.

it is just a text file with the list of smilies in it.

:) happy

etc.

when you have them all listed, you save it with a .pak extension. and upload it and your gif images to the smilies folder and then add it through the admin panel.

this will help.
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=130437
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
grantjones

Post by grantjones »

I did everything it said, like if there was a bmp file i'd put pic.bmp, but do i put like C:/My Computer/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Pictures/pic.bmp? It's not showing up under import smiley pack.
Newkirk

Post by Newkirk »

Are you using the MOD?
I am available on AIM and MSN for support.
Please do not ask me until you have use the Knowledge Base and you have searched using the proper format.
Click here to download the internet!
grantjones

Post by grantjones »

The Dunghill_dave thing? Yeah. I tried putting the whole thing (Ex.: C:\Documents and Settings\Grant Jones\My Documents\My Pictures\Smileys\name.bmp) and just the last part (Ex.: name.bmp) and neither worked...i mean for file name that is.
grantjones

Post by grantjones »

Am I using the right thing? I'd rather get the Dunghill_Dave php thing working since i already have it...so can you help me with that? I did what the page said i'm guessing the discription is like the name and the code is what you type to make it show up in the forum but im not sure about the Filename part.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

first, don't use bitmamps, they are windows image files and won't always work on the internet.

then,

I have never used the script you are trying to use, but I doubt you can use it on your computer, it probably has to be installed on the server to run it.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”