[ABD] AJAXed (MMW)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

How come alot of featuers do not work for me on your test board, using your test acount? I cant seem to get the edit thread titles, and inline edit to work.

EDIT: the test acount on the first page is not a moderator of the test forums...but that still doesnt explain the AJAX edit not working.
*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

The test account is:
Username: Tester
Password: testing

The test account is the moderator for Test Forum 1 & Test Forum 2

What I think you have done is put the wrong username and password in. Please try the ones give above.

To get the in-line editing to work, double click on the post and click on the quick editing.
Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

*=Matt=* wrote: The test account is:
Username: Tester
Password: testing

The test account is the moderator for Test Forum 1 & Test Forum 2

What I think you have done is put the wrong username and password in. Please try the ones give above.

To get the in-line editing to work, double click on the post and click on the quick editing.

No you dont have that account set up as a mod. Look http://ajaxed.glitchvault.com/dev/groupcp.php?g=20 you have "testers" as the mod, notice the s. Yes I realize that is the group name but the moderator of the group is listed as testers, there is no "tester" listed.
Last edited by Xplorer4x4 on Mon May 08, 2006 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

lol oo im really sorry. I'll get my first post fixed up
Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

;) Thank you. Id like to get it tested for myself. :) When will your non script modifing version be released?
Merri

Post by Merri »

I did some testings on behavior with Firefox. What I noticed:
  • The first double click on posting doesn't bring on the menu, it does show the "loading..." text though. But nothing else happens, thus making user believe it doesn't work (it is hard to notice the "loading..." text, maybe move it into the middle of the screen?)
  • There are no moderator rights, I can only edit postings made by the tester user and delete the last post of this same user.
Thus pretty much the only thing that can be tested is the double click menu and the quick edit feature. The other features shown in the menu aren't really useful: quote, edit and delete are already shown as their own buttons. As an idea, if there is only one "special" menu item to show, then double clicking could immediately do the only "special" feature available, in this case quick edit. If there are more features, the menu could be shown. For the menu, maybe it could be positioned on top of the posting with a bigger size font and "reserving all the space" instead of displaying a small menu with a small font. It feels like an orphan and out-of-place at the moment.

I also noticed a problem with the MOD: if I open up a menu and leave it open when I click on something that loads another page, for example accidentally go to normal edit instead of quick edit, and then use back button to go back, the menu doesn't work for that post anymore; the other posts work unless the same happens to them (I was able to disable the menu from working to all posts in a single page of a topic). I guess this is a bug that can be fixed.

And just to prevent people from getting out of the topic thanks to this way I bring things up: I'm not making any demands here, just sharing ideas and giving feedback :)

Edit!
And as you can see I spent a good while writing this post...
Xplorer4x4

Re: [RC2] AJAXed 2.0.4 (MMW)

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

*=Matt=* wrote: Demo Board: http://www.ajaxed.glitchvault.com/dev/
Demo Username: Testers
Demo Password: testing
(NOTE: The demo username is just a moderator for Test Forum 1 & Test Forum 2. What you can do is all the features on this list that are 50% or more )

This info does not work either :P
*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

Xplorer4x4: Thank you lol I have fixed it. And 2.0.4 is out :)

Merri: Thank you for your post :) I'm really sorry for the tester account, I never really tested the account myself. You make a greate point about the menus. Once this mod gets into the database I'll make different styles. Thank you for your feedback. Your time for making your post is well appreciated. Thank you
Xplorer4x4

Post by Xplorer4x4 »

Looks phenomenal, although I think you should be able to change the topic name from viewforum.php. and that it should operate the inline edit from the edit button and switch to full mode by a button click.

I think this makes the list of my favorites :)
Merri

Post by Merri »

One more idea popped into my mind: maybe the "loading..." text could appear on top of the post that has been clicked, because that's where the user is expecting to do interaction. It would also then tell to the user where something is being loaded (for example: some user might accidentally double click and then wonder why the loading text appeared - if the loading text appears into the post area, then it would be apparent right away).

Edit!
I guess you are fixing the "doesn't appear on first double click"? The menu appeared this time, but to the top left corner instead of where the post is. Or maybe that is where it incorrectly appeared all the time when I couldn't see anything happening when I double clicked.

Edit #2!
Ah, the behavior occurs if I double click before the page has fully loaded.
*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

I have submitted version 2.0.4 and made sure that I really submitted it.
izzykaubaubau

Post by izzykaubaubau »

not sure if you know this but on version 2.0.3, when an admin makes a quick edit, it says the user who irignally posted it made the edit...
*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

Yeah I know. Its because I took that coding straight from phpBB's coding.
01satkins

Post by 01satkins »

great mod, i easymodded it onto my test board and its really good.

i'd put it on my good board if it wasnt so big and complicated.

i likw the pm username search and teh quick edit. seems like you styled those on ipb version 2.1 did you?

i'd be very interested if you or anyone else knows of and ipb 2.1 style quick edit and the pm usesrname search avalable as seperate mods
Zelonght

Post by Zelonght »

Hello Matt,

I've tried to test in your forum and find the following bugs:

Quick edit with the unicode text (For example: the letters: ế đ ụ ữ ...) don't work well

Can you consider this for the next release ?

Thank you for the great mod

Zelonght

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”