[2.0.20] phpBB Jabber Support

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
14%
Good
No votes
Fair
14%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 7

nmtdr

critical error

Post by nmtdr »

Got this error installing phpbbjabbermod 1.1.0 to phpbb 2.0.20

mods include via easymod:
easymod
attachment
garage
realname
photo album
admin userlist
resend activation
admin email notification on new registration

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [groupcp.php] could not find:

$sql = "SELECT username, user_id,

MOD script line #160 :: FAQ :: Report

UPDATE:
After looking into this further, realname mod adds realname after username in many lines. I uninstalled the realname mod with easymod, then installed phpbbjabbermod without errors. I can go into my profile and add my ID but there is no visible support on my posts.
nmtdr

Post by nmtdr »

On a new install of 2.0.20 installation completes successfully.

But this portion of the install does not happen but reports it was done successfully.

viewtopic.php

#

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------

#

$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts

#

#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]----------------------------------------

#

, u.user_msnm

#

'-----[ AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------

#

, u.user_jabber

When I manually add ", u.user_jabber" to the file viewtopic.php the mod is working fine.
ptlis

Post by ptlis »

groundfighter wrote: How do you upgrade from previous versions? i.e. MOD Version: 1.0.4

Not right now, but i'll diff the two versions and make up a set of instructions on how to perform the required changes. Expect to see something here tomorrow(ish).

ptlis
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.....my life is my own.
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

Sweet, thank you. 8)
ptlis

Post by ptlis »

nmtdr wrote: [...]
UPDATE:
After looking into this further, realname mod adds realname after username in many lines. I uninstalled the realname mod with easymod, then installed phpbbjabbermod without errors. I can go into my profile and add my ID but there is no visible support on my posts.

For the next release i'll see if I can shorten the searches when they're looking at SQL queries to see if I can remove this incompatibility.
nmtdr wrote: On a new install of 2.0.20 installation completes successfully.

But this portion of the install does not happen but reports it was done successfully.
[...]
When I manually add ", u.user_jabber" to the file viewtopic.php the mod is working fine.

This is fairly odd, to my knowledge nobody else has had this problem - i'll check it out in the morning and see if I can reproduce it.

ptlis
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.....my life is my own.
dnakata

Post by dnakata »

Well I feel stupid now. I just spent a good two or three hours grafting Jabber parameters into my phpBB code and templates, not knowing this mod existed until I search before posting mine.

C'est la vie..
nmtdr

Post by nmtdr »

Got this error on a clean install on a godaddy server. Is there anything I can do to fix it? thanks.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in /forum/includes/usercp_jabber.php on line 101
ptlis

Post by ptlis »

nmtdr wrote: Got this error on a clean install on a godaddy server. Is there anything I can do to fix it? thanks.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in /forum/includes/usercp_jabber.php on line 101

That error is not related to this Modification - in phpBB2.x stock there is no file with that name, and this MOD doesn't add any files to stock phpBB - I suggest you look for support from the source of the MOD you're using.

ptlis
nmtdr

Post by nmtdr »

sorry for the confusion.
Flokos

Post by Flokos »

Hello,

Is it possible to make that field "active" ?

I mean that if someone clicks the button, makes him to send a message.
I field somewhere that the admin can add the public or the private jabber server and connects there to send a message ?

Now the only think that works is just the information that the x user has the z jabber id...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”