Can't view member profiles

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
fides2

Can't view member profiles

Post by fides2 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:10 am

Every time any of my members clicks on another member's profile it just comes up with a blank screen. Same thing happens when I try to do the same. Any suggestions?

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:23 am

With so little information, do you honestly expect solid advice? Please provide the following info...
Your board's URL:
phpBB version:
MODs you have installed:
When this started:
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

fides2

Post by fides2 » Wed May 03, 2006 9:02 pm

Marshalrusty wrote: With so little information, do you honestly expect solid advice? Please provide the following info...

No need to get snippy... I got perfect advice the last time I had a problem without giving this info.
Marshalrusty wrote: Your board's URL:

www.fidesetvirtus.com/forum
Marshalrusty wrote: phpBB version:
phpBB 2.0.19.
Marshalrusty wrote: MODs you have installed:
Not sure what this is.
Marshalrusty wrote: When this started:

Awhile ago. Couple months. Never had time to fix it till now.

Retro King

Post by Retro King » Wed May 03, 2006 9:59 pm

fides2 wrote: No need to get snippy... I got perfect advice the last time I had a problem without giving this info.

Nice attitude, you expect people to spend time and give you free advice when you talk to them like that :roll:

Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken » Wed May 03, 2006 10:55 pm

Retro King wrote:
fides2 wrote: No need to get snippy... I got perfect advice the last time I had a problem without giving this info.

Nice attitude, you expect people to spend time and give you free advice when you talk to them like that :roll:

I agree, but the thing what pops in my mind is did you change anything to the usercp_viewprofile.php, functions_selects.php, functions_validate.php ?
Dutch quality fully managed WordPress hosting - ManagedWPHosting.nl

Before changing a file, some code or installing a MOD >> Make a backup first!

Do you like my mods? paypal me $1 :) forumsoftware[AT}creativepulses[DOT}nl [/size]
PhpBBantispam.com || Instant find your mod here

fides2

Post by fides2 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:33 pm

Ramon Fincken wrote:
Retro King wrote:

I agree, but the thing what pops in my mind is did you change anything to the usercp_viewprofile.php, functions_selects.php, functions_validate.php ?

Not sure, as I don't even know how to do that :).

fides2

Post by fides2 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:35 pm

Retro King wrote:

Not sure what I said that indicated a bad attitude... I didn't mean to. All I was saying was I had a problem and I didn't know how to fix it, and I didn't give out this information the last time I had a problem. Different problems require different information. How was I supposed to know I needed to give that info, if I didn't have to do it before?

MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member
Name: Mark Barnes

Post by MarkTheDaemon » Thu May 04, 2006 6:39 pm

Update your board to 2.0.20 and if you are still having problems then post back :)

Mark

jwunderly

Post by jwunderly » Thu May 04, 2006 6:42 pm

fides2 wrote:
Retro King wrote:

Not sure what I said that indicated a bad attitude... I didn't mean to. All I was saying was I had a problem and I didn't know how to fix it, and I didn't give out this information the last time I had a problem. Different problems require different information. How was I supposed to know I needed to give that info, if I didn't have to do it before?

Did you ever bother to read the Announcements at the top of this forum?

Occassionally, a problem can be solved without more information, but criticizing us for requesting more information will very quickly get you NO help here.
John (A cranky old man. "Looking for an echo ...")
using any control-panel install/update is like shooting yourself in the foot. It won't kill you, but you're really going to hobble around until it heals.
Using the wrong tools (Front Page, DreamWeaver) gives the same results
Do not PM me for Support!

fides2

Post by fides2 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:01 am

jwunderly wrote: Did you ever bother to read the Announcements at the top of this forum?

Occassionally, a problem can be solved without more information, but criticizing us for requesting more information will very quickly get you NO help here.

If my comment annoyed you then sorry. I'm just here to get information for running my site, if you don't have anything to add than to criticize a comment that had absolutely no malice behind it whatsoever, then just let me be about my business.

fides2

Post by fides2 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:02 am

MarkTheDaemon wrote: Update your board to 2.0.20 and if you are still having problems then post back :)

Mark

Thanks much, will do.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”