[2.0.18] Extended Private Message Notification

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
74%
Very Good
21%
Good
2%
Fair
2%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 42

freddie

Post by freddie »

works perfect :D

nice mod
azw
Name: Arthur Wagner

compatibility with Abela's Send PM on User Registration

Post by azw »

I think Extended Private Message Notification is working well for me on 2.0.20. But now I'm having trouble with another mod, John Abela's Send PM on User Registration mod: http://www.phpbb2mods.com/downloads.php

It's possible that Abela's Send PM on User Registration mod isn't compatible with 2.0.20. Unfortunately, he's no longer supporting it, although it looks like the new owner of phpbb2mods.com may take up that task.

Have others noticed that the Extended Private Message Notification doesn't work with John Abela's Send PM on User Registration mod?
azw

Post by azw »

Looking over the code it again, I can't imagine what in this mod would affect the Send PM on User Registration mod.

I'm pretty sure that the Abela mod is also not working in a different 2.0.19 forum, so it's probably that mod that's got the problem.
Stevish

Post by Stevish »

eviL<3 wrote: Help! I have this installed, and it works great. Only problem is, that when i submit i get this:

Code: Select all

Warning: Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 1 in /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 843

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/bbcode.php:843) in /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 593

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/bbcode.php:843) in /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 595

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/bbcode.php:843) in /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 596
The mail is sent without the PM text, my bbcode.php looks like this (843 und 844):

$text = preg_replace('/[/', '[', $text);
   $text = preg_replace('/]/', ']', $text);

I am having this same problem. Although I didn't stop to check whether the E-mails worked or not, because I wanted to remove the errors right away as mine is a live site.

It's a great idea and I'd love to incorporate it... am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by Stevish on Thu May 11, 2006 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
azw

Post by azw »

Does it really look like that?
Or is it the following?

$text = preg_replace('/& #91;/', '[', $text);
$text = preg_replace('/& #93;/', ']', $text);
(Remove the space between the & and #.)

Check the line above that, and maybe hte line below, too.

$text = preg_replace('/\[\/code:?1*\]/', $q2, $text);

$text = preg_replace('/\[list\]/', $newline . '\\1 '. $lang['List'].':'.$q1, $text);
Are all the \ , / , [ , and ] there?

It's working for me, so it's possible there's some small typing error.
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

azw wrote: Looking over the code it again, I can't imagine what in this mod would affect the Send PM on User Registration mod.

I'm pretty sure that the Abela mod is also not working in a different 2.0.19 forum, so it's probably that mod that's got the problem.

Why not try that MOD on a clean phpBB? If it still doesn't work, then something's wrong.

~Mac
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

Stevish wrote:
eviL<3 wrote:Help! I have this installed, and it works great. Only problem is, that when i submit i get this:

Warning: Compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class at offset 1 in /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 843

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/bbcode.php:843) in /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 593

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/bbcode.php:843) in /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 595

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/bbcode.php:843) in /home/wiedler/public_html/igor/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 596
The mail is sent without the PM text, my bbcode.php looks like this (843 und 844):

I am having this same problem. Although I didn't stop to check whether the E-mails worked or not, because I wanted to remove the errors right away as mine is a live site.

It's a great idea and I'd love to incorporate it... am I doing something wrong?

I missed the report sent by eviL<3 in the previous page :?

Anyway, do you get that error on every message or certain messages? If it only happen to some messages, can you provide me a copy of that message?

~Mac
Stevish

Post by Stevish »

Actuallt, the errors appear on the top of the main index page, not on any E-mails.
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

I just tested the MOD again on a clean phpBB 2.0.20, but I don't see any error message.

My question is the same, does that happen everytime when you try to send private messages?

If so, zip a copy of your includes/bbcode.php, upload somewhere and post the link here, I'll see what's the problem.

~Mac
azw

Post by azw »

ycl6 wrote: Why not try that MOD on a clean phpBB? If it still doesn't work, then something's wrong.

Hi, Ycl6,
Yeah, that's exactly what I did (test on a fresh install). Thanks for the reply. That validates my sense of what's going on. There must have been some big changes in the code around in recent versions of phpBB.
Stevish

Post by Stevish »

Whoops... :oops:

Ok, yeah, it was me. I reinstalled it and it works great! I'll vote on it soon, but from the looks of it, I won't be having any trouble :D
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

Good to hear it works now, Stevish.

~Mac
thedjmixman

Post by thedjmixman »

Excellent work Mac!!!! :)
Politicsinfo

Post by Politicsinfo »

I have an extra question. It's kinda related to your MOD.

My problem is this line in privmsg.php:

$emailer->replyto($board_config['board_email']);
This line makes that any user, when receiving a new PM in the phpBB forum, receives an email, with in its header: reply to: [email protected]

However, some of my users reply to this address, which means that I (Administrator) receive those emails, with the content of the original PM in it.

In other words: some users reply to the notification email of the PM instead of replying to the PM received in the board.

Two problems:

1. I can read the content, even though it is a private message

2. The user thinks that he did reply on the PM he received, while the original sender of the PM still waits for the reply...

Possible solution:

change field 'reply-to' into [email protected] instead of [email protected]

Could someone with a little more php-experience help me out?
I proudly present to you:

-0- Politicsinfo.be -0-
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

To be honest, with or without this MOD, users that mis-read the email notification would reply to the email instead of using the PM system.

If you don't want to receive any email from your users, for example in this case or when someone reply to any email notification, e.g. topic subscription notification, why not just change the email address you entered in the ACP?

~Mac

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”