[BETA] CodeCrush Log System (v.0.4.2alpha) (Dec-07)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
wideawake

Post by wideawake »

redcore which file did u use? I'm having problems with the install, but I know how to install mods, just not sure which out of the three to do.
YellowGirls

Post by YellowGirls »

hi,

i want to add the addon to log failed login attempts but i can´t find this on phpBB 2.0.20-login.php:

Code: Select all

message_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, "Couldn't start session : login", "", __LINE__, __FILE__);
					}
				}
				else
				{
Or does this Addon not work with phpbb 2.0.20?

YellowGirls

BTW: Is there a german langpack available for this mod?
Boys are Girls best friend ;)
melanieivy

Post by melanieivy »

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this! We have a locked down forum, and I believe someone has been sharing a login. I am still learning the programming end of things, and I was able to get it installed by reading through the documents in the file. Awesome :)

~Melanie
natefico

Problem

Post by natefico »

I am having trouble excluding myself. I have tried excluding my username from the log.
Using ^natefico$ as an exclude option but that does not seem to work. I am the admin does that effect it? When I test it with, natefico, it says I have a match but it still logs me. Out of curosity I excluded a regular user the same way I am trying to exclude myself and it excluded them just fine. I am not sure what is up. I am sorry if this was already mentioned, but I did not want to read through the 50+ pages :(
Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

Sorry for my absence. Had to give priority to other (paid) projects for a few.

wideawake: what is the admin-panel error you are getting?
(Also, there should be 2 download links, but they're the same version only different packaging - zip vs tar.gz)

Redcore wrote: the text files were all warped out of format, though...

that might be very true. During the course of this project I've used several different editors (vim, quanta, gedit, gphpedit, geany, bluefish, anjuta.. even UltraEdit on Windows might have been used!). Some aparently treat tabs/spaces differently. I guess I should stick to 1 editor and clean it all up :/

YellowGirls: you're right! Something changed in 2.0.20. The "else" clause has been changed. So you can look for:

// Only store a failed login attempt for an active user - inactive users can't login even with a correct password
elseif( $row['user_active'] )
{
and add the code-snippet after:

//
// CC IP-mod (wrong password - admin = 4)
//
if($board_config['cc_log_on'])
{
    cc_ip_log($userdata, '', $user_ip, PAGE_LOGIN, 4, 0);
}
Note: this will now only log failed attempts from :active: users. To also log failed attempts from inactives you would need to add a new else{} clause after the elseif{}. Let me know if you want that.

No german langpack from me atleast, but you canb ask over at www.phpbb2.de - atleast they translated an older version: http://www.phpbb2.de/ftopic21423.html

natefico: Sounds like you're using the correct expression. Note that it will not exclude visits to the administration panel - just regular board logins/visits. Could that be the case?
natefico

actually

Post by natefico »

It seems to be the other way around. It does not seem to log me going into the ACP. I logged in and out several times before going to the ACP to see if there would be several entries, which there were. To test it again I am going to use a second computer on the network and see if that happens.

I am accessing the board within the local network of the server. Does that matter? I have to wait a little later today to see if I log in from another location if it will log me.

What is the correct way to exclude 127.0.0.1 from the log
^127\.0\.0\.1$
Right?

Thanks for all your help. Sorry if I have been vauge.

**Update**
I had a good friend test my account from a location outside of the local network and they did not get logged. I guess I sort of found the issue, but I do not know how to change it.

**Update**
Ok you are right it is just logging me going into the ACP. But it was so strange because it has two entries. Not sure if it did that because I have to revalidate myself. Is there a way not to log my going into the ACP. Since I am there often it is annoying to see me listed all the time.

Sorry for bothering you about this.
UsagiChan

CSV Problem

Post by UsagiChan »

I cannot get csv to export a file. The file ends up as a zero byte file. At one time I somehow got it to export but the file format was not csv. The fields were separated by a semicolon not a comma.
Eddy Kiprich

Post by Eddy Kiprich »

Today I installed 2.0.21 on a forum, afterwards I installed this MOD. Everything worked ok, I could see first IP''s being logged in the ACP.

But this evening users can not log out (tried myself also and I can't logout also). They get the message; Invalid_session.

What can I do about it? Now I can't also reach the ACP anymore. Also users who left the forum this afternoon can't log in this evening since their session is still opened.

What can I do?
warlock_handler

Post by warlock_handler »

Eddy Kiprich wrote: Today I installed 2.0.21 on a forum, afterwards I installed this MOD. Everything worked ok, I could see first IP''s being logged in the ACP.

But this evening users can not log out (tried myself also and I can't logout also). They get the message; Invalid_session.

What can I do about it? Now I can't also reach the ACP anymore. Also users who left the forum this afternoon can't log in this evening since their session is still opened.

What can I do?

Hey thats right... i was getting this same error... i mean i had to change my DB server and i configured PHPBB for it... using the config.php file... and the rest was working perfect but because i had installed this mod i was getting this same error... and i am totally sure that i am getting it because of this mod... any help plssss
Eddy Kiprich

Post by Eddy Kiprich »

I am waiting for the MOD writer; but I understood our problems can also be caused because of the template u/I am using doesn't support cookies/session "transport" which will cause this problems.
Bankotsu

Post by Bankotsu »

While, I am backing up online, it tries to create the file to back up but everytime I do it gives me this error or set of errors.
CB2F IP Log Tool wrote: Warning: fopen(forum/admin/var/backups/ip_bck20060708_1532.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alextne/public_html/shichinintai/forum/admin/admin_ip_file.php on line 204

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/alextne/public_html/shichinintai/forum/admin/admin_ip_file.php on line 205

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/alextne/public_html/shichinintai/forum/admin/admin_ip_file.php on line 206

Warning: fopen(forum/admin/var/backups/ip_bck20060708_1532.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alextne/public_html/shichinintai/forum/admin/admin_ip_file.php on line 204

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/alextne/public_html/shichinintai/forum/admin/admin_ip_file.php on line 205

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/alextne/public_html/shichinintai/forum/admin/admin_ip_file.php on line 206

Warning: fopen(forum/admin/var/backups/ip_bck20060708_1532.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alextne/public_html/shichinintai/forum/admin/admin_ip_file.php on line 204

Any ideas?
Owner of Shiforums.
carloclaessen

Post by carloclaessen »

you forgot to chmod the directory where your backup goes in to 777
Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

Sorry for the late replies: I've been preoccupied and on vacation :)

Bankotsu: yea, what carloclaessen said. Or do you even have a directory forum/admin/var/backups/

Eddy and Warlock:
I have several 2.0.21 phpBB installments with this mod and I haven't experienced this error. As far as I'm aware of the mod doesn't interfere with logouts at all. And it doesn't touch phpBBs session table - it is using its own. Could still be that this mod interferes with some other mod, or phpbb-code, that I don't know about. Trying my best to weed out situations like that though.

Usagichan:
Sorry. This "csv" export is using semicolon instead of a comma. There is no formal specification for csv-files that I know of, and semicolon suited me better at the time. If you try to export to much data you will probably end up with a 0 byte file, or a file with an error message in it.

the future of this mod:
I still need to remove/modify a couple things in the log-function - to make it less prone to kill a page-request. Other than that, I won't expand on it much further. So the current state is pretty much what I will submit to the mods db.

That doesn't mean it ends ;) I'm in the process of porting a log-system I made in a work-project, to phpBB. It is in large parts based on CC IP Log, but hopefully more flexible. I've also looked at the logging facilities in Olympus, but in their current shape they are still inadequate for my own needs so this mod will likely be ported to Olympus.
Bankotsu

Post by Bankotsu »

Mine has the directory already uploaded and chmod to 777.....

Still gives me the error.
Owner of Shiforums.
SommerNyte

Post by SommerNyte »

My users with an apostrophe in their names get an error when using the forums: GENERAL_ERROR: IP logger failed when logging!

Any fix for that?

Also, I have a username like this: ~*~A.B.C.~*~ and even though I see the username in the log, if I search for that username, it finds nothing.

Also, does anyone know what it means when you look up an IP and it gives you this: ERROR: IP Range Reserved by IANA.org ?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”