[2.0.21] Disable User Posting Privileges

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
83%
Very Good
No votes
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
17%

Total votes: 6

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.21] Disable User Posting Privileges

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Disable User Posting Privileges
Author: Throckmorton
MOD Description: Disables a user's ability to post, reply to, edit or delete. The user can still log in, send or receive PMs, and access their profile.

MOD Version: 1.0.1

Download File: Disable User Posting Privileges v1.0.1.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 3449 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
As stated above, allows admins to remove all abilities related to posting on a board for a user on a user-by-user basis.
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

Very nice mod. Thanks!
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
NappilyEvahAftah

Why is this happening?

Post by NappilyEvahAftah »

This MOD is supposedly not installed, but it shows up in the EasyMod install history, but the folder is not in MODS. Why is that?

I still have the "Can user post?" section, in the User Management section. It's set to "no" (although the user can still post???!!), when I click "yes" and try to save, I get the error above.

This stuff is about to drive me totally batty. Any way to get this fixed? If I try to reinstall the MOD, using EasyMod, what will happen? I really would like this MOD, but I don't know what I'm doing, and I thought "EasyMod" was going to be my ticket to pimpin' up my forum, but I don't think so. :cry:
RATT

Post by RATT »

You need to run the sql query, i explained how to do this in lamen terms in the other post u made

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_allowpost TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL ;
NappilyEvahAftah

I don't have PHPMyadmin

I don't have PHPMyAdmin, because I don't know how to install it. So I can't "go to it", cuz it's not installed.
RATT

Post by RATT »

If you have access to your phpadmin(MySQL Database) in your webhosting control panel click on that and go to your database.Use the dropbox to highlight the database you are using,Then at the top of the page you will see the word sql highlighted in red.Click on that and a box will open.Copy and paste that sql query

This is the sql query

and then click submit. ;)
NappilyEvahAftah

Now I got it!

I didn't know PHPMyAdmin was ALREADY installed on my server. See? That's all you had to tell me. Okay, I did what you said, so let's see if it works!
NappilyEvahAftah

Okay

So, I did it and what was it supposed to do? I still have an option "User can post" and if I check "yes" it get the debug error. So did I run the query on the wrong database?

I got a "sucessful" message, but it still doesn't take care of the error.
RATT

Post by RATT »

If you have more than one database then you would need to recheck to make sure you ran the query on the correct database.A successful execute means that the query was indeed ran successfully.If you are sure you ran that query on the correct database then there has to be some error in the coding of the mod.

Going by you error however, it appears to be only the sql error.
NappilyEvahAftah

Okay

So, do I try to reinstall the MOD, using EasyMOD? Or will it mess up my database? That's what I need to know, cuz the option to allow/disallow the user to post is still there, even though the MOD is technically no longer there.
RATT

Re: Okay

Post by RATT »

NappilyEvahAftah wrote: So, do I try to reinstall the MOD, using EasyMOD? Or will it mess up my database? That's what I need to know, cuz the option to allow/disallow the user to post is still there, even though the MOD is technically no longer there.

yes, you can comment out the line in the mod that tells easymod to run the sql query or manually remove it.
NappilyEvahAftah

Re: Okay

RATT wrote: yes, you can comment out the line in the mod that tells easymod to run the sql query or manually remove it.

How do I do that?
RATT

Post by RATT »

Open the mod in a text editor or notepad and look for

#
#-----[ SQL ]----------------
#
#
#-------

and make it look like this
#
#ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_allowpost TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL ;
#
#-------

or just remove this
#
#
NappilyEvahAftah

Okay

I figured out how to "comment out". I just removed the line in Notepad and saved the file and uploaded it all my MODS. Well, EasyMod doesn't detect it, cuz it's showing that it's already there.

So, I can't "reinstall" it cuz it's there, which I was trying to get rid of it, so I could reinstall, but it's not working. Sigh.... :(

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”