[2.0.20] Topic Description

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
14%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
10%

Total votes: 49

Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Hmmm... check if the config table has been altered properly to incorporate stuff from this mod.
martijn2

Post by martijn2 »

Hi,
I really like this mod, there is only one anoyance, that Postparse tooltip link. Is there any way to remove that link?
Former phpBB user.
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

martijn2 wrote: Hi,
I really like this mod, there is only one anoyance, that Postparse tooltip link. Is there any way to remove that link?

Disable tooltip postparsing in the ACP ;)
n00bstorm

Post by n00bstorm »

You guys have over done yourself on this mod... 50 minute on a topic description?
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

n00bstorm wrote: You guys have over done yourself on this mod... 50 minute on a topic description?

Guy*

Use EasyMOD, it takes about 20 seconds to install :)
Shadow316

hellp me fast!

Post by Shadow316 »

HELLP!

Lol i installed the mod, but something really got messed up! :cry:

http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mod15km.jpg

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/2950/mod7cn.jpg

See?

Any help please! asp!

:roll:
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: hellp me fast!

Post by EXreaction »

Shadow316 wrote: HELLP!

Lol i installed the mod, but something really got messed up! :cry:

http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mod15km.jpg

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/2950/mod7cn.jpg

See?

Any help please! asp!

:roll:

You have to install the language section of the mod as well...looks like you missed it. ;)
Shadow316

Post by Shadow316 »

Okay thanks that helped!

But now im stuck, out of no where, like 2 mins ago it was working but now i cant make topics with descriptions, its like not there. I can go into the Admin control and all the options are there, but its like it is disable, but it not
Kommercial

Post by Kommercial »

I installed this mod on my test board, using easyMOD, and I'm getting an error.

http://www.bareknuckles.us/test_board/phpBB2

"Postparse Tooltip"
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

That's not an error.
Janet007

Post by Janet007 »

Need some help to fix this error:

Code: Select all

Failed obtaining description data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 0,1' at line 1

SELECT f.auth_desc, f.auth_moddesc FROM phpbb_forums f WHERE f.forum_id= LIMIT 0,1

Line : 61
File : functions_desc.php
I saw that some people also had this error , I tried in phpMyAdmin to alter the sql commands but it said: duplicate error. I installed the lastest release of this mod and been truing for the past 2 days to fix the error, please hope someone can guide me how to fix this.

thx in advance
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

The forum_id in the query is missing. If I remember correctly that means the mod was not installed properly, ergo this command didn't get modified when installing.
99series

Post by 99series »

I found this mod really useful, but I think it was responsible for slowing down my whole forum. If there's a way to help that, can you let me know? If not, is there a way to uninstall it with minimum problems? Thanks a lot for your help ^_^
zoson

Post by zoson »

Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1366 Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'topic_descmod' at row 1

INSERT INTO phpbb2_topics (topic_title, topic_description, topic_descmod, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote) VALUES ('WORK, DAMN DESCRIPTION!', 'AAARRRRGH', '', 2, 1153174130, 1, 0, 0, 0)

Line : 261
File : functions_post.php

------
I can see that 'topic_descmod' is returning null. not sure where I went wrong though. thanks in advance for the help.

Edit: I think the bug has to do with when the mods only toggle is unchecked. I'm thinking it throws null instead of false or 0. I solved this by forcing it to one, which suits the purposes of my forum.
#---[ OPEN ]---
/includes/functions_post.php

#---[ FIND ]---
$sql = ($mode != "editpost") ? "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (topic_title, topic_description, topic_descmod, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote)

#---[ BEFORE, ADD ]---
$post_desc4mod = 1;

I also belive I have found another bug.

SQL Error : 1364 Field 'auth_desc' doesn't have a default value

INSERT INTO hdesk_forums (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, prune_enable, auth_view, auth_read, auth_post, auth_reply, auth_edit, auth_delete, auth_sticky, auth_announce, auth_vote, auth_pollcreate) VALUES ('2', 'Open', 1, 'Pending Issues.', 20, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1)

Line : 399
File : admin_forums.php

I got this when trying to create a new forum. doh...
..yam..

Post by ..yam.. »

I used Easymod to install this mod and I got about a billion errors when I clicked on "process" in the Mod Installer Panel. It says that it isn't EasyMOD compliant as well.. is it supposed to say that?

Hrmmm... am I supposed to delete a file or something? What do you think happened?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”