[2.0.21] User Shield

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
79%
Very Good
12%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 66

abaldish

Post by abaldish »

Hi Wo1f,

Ok i deleted the whole board and everything, and reinstalled from scratch and still when i place it in the admin approves i get the same error on the screen when i would register as a new user, But it is sending the email to me to approve, and does place the user into the system and all. So i am thinking this may be a phpbb bug. I beleave i tired this before i even installed a mod not sure. do will check with the phpbb users and see if anyone else is getting this problem. Funny part is it is a 100% clean install also.

Wo1f wrote:
abaldish wrote:Will let ya know if a clean installed fixs that problem or not.

I'm counting on it! :wink:
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

That's very strange indeed. My demo board is a plain vanilla phpBB v2.0.21, no other MODs aside User Shield v1.2.1 and it dosen't display that error message. Was never reported during the testing stages either. Are you hosting yourself? What are your mail settings at?
abaldish

Post by abaldish »

No i host with a company that i have full control over everything even down to the phpadmin area. so it has got me confused lol.

Wo1f wrote: That's very strange indeed. My demo board is a plain vanilla phpBB v2.0.21, no other MODs aside User Shield v1.2.1 and it dosen't display that error message. Was never reported during the testing stages either. Are you hosting yourself? What are your mail settings at?
deb8

User Shield critical error

Post by deb8 »

When installing it through EasyMod I have this error:

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [memberlist.php] could not find:

$mode_types = array('joined', 'username', 'location', 'posts', 'email', 'website', 'topten');

MOD script line #178 :: FAQ :: Report

MOD Title: User Shield 1.2.1 install_user_shield_v1_2_1.txt
Author: Wo1f N/A J. C. Woof N/A
Processed Themes: subSilver
Processed Languages: english
Files Edited: 2
Commands Processed: 15
Unprocessed Commands: 0
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Hi deb8,

Try this ...

1 ] Open --> yourforumroot/memberlist.php
2 ] Search for --> $mode_types = array
3 ] Post back the whole line that was found if any

If that dosen't turn up anything, would you post lines 50 through 75 of your current memberlist.php?

Give me some feedback,
Wolf :wink:
deb8

User shield

Post by deb8 »

Hi Wolf

Thanks for your help. Is this what you need?

$mode_types = array('joindate', 'username', 'location', 'posts', 'email', 'website', 'topten');

cheers,
Deb.
Wo1f

Re: User shield

Post by Wo1f »

deb8 wrote: Is this what you need?

Yes, now we know why EM can't find it. Your version has "joindate" versus "joined" for a default phpBB install. You have no choice but to edit that line manually. Here's how I would go about it (in memberlist.php).

Code: Select all

FIND ...

$mode_types = array('joindate', 'username', 'location', 'posts', 'email', 'website', 'topten');

REPLACE with ...

$mode_types = array('joindate', 'username', 'location', 'posts', 'email', 'website', ( $board_config['username_hide_inac'] ) ? ( $userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN ) ? 'inactive' : 'topten' : 'topten',); // User Stealth mod - added "inactive" chained ternary operator
Let me know how that goes.
deb8

Post by deb8 »

Slightly different message, I think.

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [memberlist.php] could not find:

$mode_types = array('joined', 'username', 'location', 'posts', 'email', 'website', 'topten');

MOD script line #178 :: FAQ :: Report
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Allright, let's try it this way.

If you have made the manual edit posted above in memberlist.php:

FIND ...

REPLACE with ...

$mode_types = array('joindate', 'username', 'location', 'posts', 'email', 'website', ( $board_config['username_hide_inac'] ) ? ( $userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN ) ? 'inactive' : 'topten' : 'topten',); // User Stealth mod - added "inactive" chained ternary operator

Then, open the MOD instruction template --> install_user_shield_v1_2_1.txt and ...

FIND ... (Line 177 to line 190)

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
'topten');

#
#-----[ IN-LINE REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
( $board_config['username_hide_inac'] ) ? ( $userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN ) ? 'inactive' : 'topten' : 'topten',); // User Stealth mod - added "inactive" chained ternary operator
... and DELETE it. We can safely skip this instruction altogether since you have done it manually.

Use this modified installation file instead of the original one, and it should go through this time. Let me know the outcome.
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Better yet:

Open the MOD instruction template install_user_shield_v1_2_1.txt,

FIND ... (Line 177 to line 190)

Replace with:

That way when he uses easymod it will get a backup of that change(if he ever needs to uninstall it).
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Thanks EXreaction, but if the initial edit was done (as I believe it was), this won't do, as memberlist.php has already been manually modified. See a few posts above.
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Wo1f wrote: Thanks EXreaction, but if the initial edit was done (as I believe it was), this won't do, as memberlist.php has already been manually modified. See a few posts above.

Yes, I suppose so, but it's best to undo that change, and change the mod file. :P
Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

EXreaction wrote: Yes, I suppose so, but it's best to undo that change, and change the mod file. :P

Yes, agreed but then the MOD file is out of spec. so to speak. When I find myself in the same situation for a particular MOD I want to install, I create a *.txt file containing the adjustments I had to do to make it play nice with the rest, and I repackage it with the MOD zip file. The original installation instruction will never contain any "homemade" adjustments. I guess it comes down to what you're comfortable with. :P

Also, at this point I don't want to impose personal preferences on anyone, just get the MOD to install correctly, when not dealing with a default phpBB installation.
deb8

Post by deb8 »

Thanks Wolf!

I used your fix and it works.

I have now deleted 49 spam registrations in about 2 seconds instead of the 15 minutes it might normally take me.

Fantastic Mod and thanks so much for your support!

cheers,
Deb.
deb8

Post by deb8 »

One more question. Do I need to do anything in this list? It seems to be working ok.

'Do it yourself' instructions need to be executed by you manually, EasyMOD can not perform these actions
IMPORTANT ***** If you are NOT using EasyMOD to install User Shield, you MUST update the CONFIG table by following these instructions ***** IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT ***** Remember to change the default TABLE PREFIX in file "update_config_v1_2_1.php" if your board does not use " phpbb_ ". ***** IMPORTANT
1] Run this file: update_config_v1_2_1.php - located in the install folder off the root of your forum ( eg. In your browser URL field, type the following: http://yoursite.com/yourforumroot/insta ... v1_2_1.php )
Once done a message confirming a successful update will be displayed along with a reminder to delete the "install" folder including it's content, before returning to your forum.

Deb.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”