Junction of Forum's

The 2.0.x discussion forum has been locked; this will remain read-only. The 3.0.x discussion forum has been renamed phpBB Discussion.
Neeps

Post by Neeps »

Just wanted to post a reply to say that I've used the info in this thread to merge 6 forums belonging to various aspects of my gaming group after they started moaning about having so many logins/sites to visit :)

Worked flawlessly, othe than I had to remove the prefix in an insert statement which someone has mentioned above, and I had to delete the anonymous user (-1) from the db table in the forum I was importing.

Many thanks to the author and the people on this thread :)
"Forever in Darkness"
mosport

Post by mosport »

I dont suppose anyone knows how to merge a standard board into one with the attachment mod ?

Thanks
Manshu

Post by Manshu »

If this script works, it shouldnt matter, because it only takes out specific tables.
gianni76

Post by gianni76 »

Hi,
this is a great tool. It was very useful for me.

But be aware that there is a bug, which prevents it from working when you use prefix in both forums (e.g. 'phpbb_' in both, as default).
This was also what reported in an earlier message in this thread.
I had exactlly the same error with the script attempting to use a SQL statement with a "phpbb_phpbb_category" table.

The fix is easy.

At line 167 find:
if(merge_tables($table_prefix1 . $table))

replace it with:
if(merge_tables($table_prefix1, $table))

and also at line 253 find:
function merge_tables($table)

replace it with:
function merge_tables($table_prefix,$table)

this way the function merge_tables will be called with the real table name and the prefix only as separate argument.. and within it the $table variable will be the real table name and not prefix_table as erroneously was before.

Afer the fix, it worked flowlessly for me!!

I hope this helps someone else!
skunker

Post by skunker »

Hi folks,
I am a newbie and am too scared to do this one on my own. Can someone with experience in installing this script please do it for me? I'll be happy to pay a fee for your assistance.

Please contact me at: skunker@gmail.com

Thanks.
loungeplace

Post by loungeplace »

We had a really hard time running this script.... there were a lot of things that needed to be fixed... but once we fixed them it merged my two forums pretty well.

The only problem I have now is that all of the users that had accounts on both forums - have only the number of posts displaying in profile from the forum that we merged into.... anyone have any thoughts on how to fix that? Otherwise we will just write a script - I just don't want to duplicate work that is already out there!! ;)

Thanks!
--S
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

loungeplace wrote: The only problem I have now is that all of the users that had accounts on both forums - have only the number of posts displaying in profile from the forum that we merged into.... anyone have any thoughts on how to fix that?

You could try this:

[2.0.6] Resync User Post Counts
Have you hugged someone today?
Kapybara

Post by Kapybara »

HI. Do you know how can I change this script to join two forums on two logins(forums infobases)
Spinebuster

Post by Spinebuster »

I just used this script to convert two forums into one. I did run into an error that I was able to fix.

Find:

Code: Select all

$sql = "INSERT INTO $dbname1.$table_prefix1".$table." ($fieldlist) SELECT $fieldlist from $dbname2.$table_prefix2" . $table . $where;
Replace with:

$sql = "INSERT INTO $dbname1.".$table." ($fieldlist) SELECT $fieldlist from $dbname2." . $table . $where;
Aldaris

Post by Aldaris »

Greetings.

I have recently merged two databases for my forum. I have not done so with the script, but rather manually by making queries to the DBs.

All was fine, well, except that maybe some topics appeared to have "clones", but I'm not sure if they haven't been in the original forum (the one merged into mine).

I have applied a OrderTopicsByDate so that inserted posts don't appear on top of viewforum.php view.

However, I am experiencing a serious problem. Whenever I go to Search, I can't get the inserted posts as my results. They appear fine if I search by Username, but not if I search fo a phrase (even one in the topic title).

How do I go about fixing that?

Will http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/4372 do?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Aldaris wrote: How do I go about fixing that?

Will http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/4372 do?

It might. I have not used that MOD and can't say for sure. It does include the Rebuild Search Index which is what your problem seems to be. This is another MOD that should also fix you up, http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/434
Aldaris

Post by Aldaris »

Dacky wrote: . It does include the Rebuild Search Index which is what your problem seems to be.

Worked fine, except it took nearly a day. It'd be nice if there was an option to start rebuliding from a ceratin post_id ;)

Thanks!
dojo.ro

Post by dojo.ro »

The script works almost perfect, but I have a small issue. Here is my error message:

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_dollars' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO womeno_test.phpbb_users (user_id, user_active, username, user_password, user_session_time, user_session_page, user_lastvisit, user_regdate, user_level, user_posts, user_timezone, user_style, user_lang, user_dateformat, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_emailtime, user_viewemail, user_attachsig, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allowsmile, user_allowavatar, user_allow_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_rank, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_from, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_realname, user_gender, user_birthday, user_last_birthday, user_home_phone, user_home_fax, user_work_phone, user_work_fax, user_cellular, user_pager, user_summer_time, user_list_option, user_allow_email, user_allow_website, user_allow_messanger, user_allow_real, user_allow_sig, user_viewpm, user_viewwebsite, user_viewmessanger, user_viewreal, user_viewavatar, user_viewsig, user_viewimg, user_buddy_friend_display, user_buddy_ignore_display, user_buddy_friend_of_display, user_buddy_ignored_by_display, user_watched_topics_per_page, user_privmsgs_per_page, user_dollars, user_effects, user_privs, user_custitle, user_specmsg, user_items, user_trade) SELECT user_id, user_active, username, user_password, user_session_time, user_session_page, user_lastvisit, user_regdate, user_level, user_posts, user_timezone, user_style, user_lang, user_dateformat, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_emailtime, user_viewemail, user_attachsig, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allowsmile, user_allowavatar, user_allow_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_rank, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_from, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_realname, user_gender, user_birthday, user_last_birthday, user_home_phone, user_home_fax, user_work_phone, user_work_fax, user_cellular, user_pager, user_summer_time, user_list_option, user_allow_email, user_allow_website, user_allow_messanger, user_allow_real, user_allow_sig, user_viewpm, user_viewwebsite, user_viewmessanger, user_viewreal, user_viewavatar, user_viewsig, user_viewimg, user_buddy_friend_display, user_buddy_ignore_display, user_buddy_friend_of_display, user_buddy_ignored_by_display, user_watched_topics_per_page, user_privmsgs_per_page, user_dollars, user_effects, user_privs, user_custitle, user_specmsg, user_items, user_trade from womeno_club.phpbb_users WHERE womeno_club.phpbb_users.user_id > 0

Line : 277
File : /home/womeno/public_html/test/merge_phpbb.php
On the first database I have profile control panel, rabbitoshi, topic description and other mods that work on the database too. I have run the queries on the second database too (the one to be merged with mine). Still I have this issue with the users table.

Anyone can tell me what I can do? maybe clean some of tha varibles? or?

Thank you in advance
Webmaster Tips & Tricks - forums, articles, tutorials, free exclusive graphics and forum themes
My blog
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

dojo.ro wrote: The script works almost perfect, but I have a small issue. Here is my error message:

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_dollars' in 'field list'
<-- snip -->
On the first database I have profile control panel, rabbitoshi, topic description and other mods that work on the database too. I have run the queries on the second database too (the one to be merged with mine). Still I have this issue with the users table.

Anyone can tell me what I can do? maybe clean some of tha varibles? or?

Thank you in advance

Run this query on your second database to add the field to the users table. You should first check the user_dollars field in the first database to be sure I have the values correct.

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_dollars INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Return to “2.0.x Discussion”