Forum Sponsors

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
23%
Good
14%
Fair
9%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 22

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Forum Sponsors

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Forum Sponsors
Author: EXreaction
MOD Description: Allows you to add advertisements in specific forums

MOD Version: 1.0.02c (Updated 11/13/06)
Tested on phpBB Version: 2.0.21

Download File: Forum Sponsors 1.0.02c.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 26525 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Screenshots:

ImageImage
(images still work, click on them to see the screenshots)
Last edited by EXreaction on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
LoganSix

Post by LoganSix »

Just installed.
Quick and easy. It may need some more description.

"This allows for adding text/html above a forum to provide information for the Sponsor of the forum." or something to that extent.

The only issue I am having is the {L_FORUM_SPONSOR} is not displaying on the Administration screen. Not sure if something was left out to make this work or not.
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

Some demo screenshots would be nice :)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
LoganSix

Post by LoganSix »

Found it.

At this point when you open the admin_forums.php

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
# 

admin/admin_forums.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
# 

$s_hidden_fields = '<input type="hidden" ...
			$template->assign_vars(array(

When you add the After part

#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

'SPONSOR'		=> $forum_sponsor,

#
This should be

#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

'SPONSOR'		=> $forum_sponsor,
				'L_FORUM_SPONSOR' => $lang['Forum_Sponsor'],
#
LoganSix

Post by LoganSix »

In the Forum Management section, it adds a new form field for adding text/html.

In the actual forum, that text/html is displayed.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Oops, your right LoganSix, I did miss that(surprised the mod team did too :oops: )

I will fix that right away and re-upload it. :)

Thanks! :)
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

Very cool! How about BBCode support? Look at my bbcode in forum description MOD, to see how to get it work :)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
LoganSix

Post by LoganSix »

No problem about catch. It helps me understand the phpBB coding stuff better.

As far as BBCode. That would be a nice feature.

However, I would like to have a database table of sponsors and their information and be able to select a sponsor from a list. Once the sponsor is selected, then an image, link, and information about the sponsor would be put into a template for the header.

I am currently working on using Google [Maps] Forum (unreleased mod) to show sponsors, users, and points of interests in the area. Once I get that going a little further, I might modify this mod to do what I mentioned above.

Obviously, I would need to add an administration screen just for adding sponsors to the forum.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

eviL<3 wrote: Very cool! How about BBCode support? Look at my bbcode in forum description MOD, to see how to get it work :)

Ya, that would sound nice, I have it working now, but I have to ask the wGEric something about whether or not the BBCode needs to get a legal UID or if I can just make it have the UID as '' when it parses it for output...

I have it like this now, and it works, but I don't know if they would allow it in a mod or not:

include_once($phpbb_root_path . "includes/bbcode.$phpEx");
		$forum_sponsor   = bbencode_first_pass( $forum_sponsor, '' );
		$forum_sponsor   = bbencode_second_pass ( $forum_sponsor, '' );
		$forum_sponsor   = smilies_pass ( $forum_sponsor );
		$forum_sponsor   = str_replace("\n", "\n<br />\n", $forum_sponsor);
LoganSix wrote: No problem about catch. It helps me understand the phpBB coding stuff better.

As far as BBCode. That would be a nice feature.

However, I would like to have a database table of sponsors and their information and be able to select a sponsor from a list. Once the sponsor is selected, then an image, link, and information about the sponsor would be put into a template for the header.

I am currently working on using Google [Maps] Forum (unreleased mod) to show sponsors, users, and points of interests in the area. Once I get that going a little further, I might modify this mod to do what I mentioned above.

Obviously, I would need to add an administration screen just for adding sponsors to the forum.

A table with ads would be nice, but I am afraid I will not add that to this mod. I like to keep it as simple as possible, and if I add that it will take much more work for just a little gain. :)
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

I think it's possible, but it would be better to have it stored in the db, as that makes the page load faster. If a new uid has to be generated at every page load, it would slow down the forum unnecessairily ;)

I suggest you have one generated on page edit.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

eviL<3 wrote: I think it's possible, but it would be better to have it stored in the db, as that makes the page load faster. If a new uid has to be generated at every page load, it would slow down the forum unnecessairily ;)

I suggest you have one generated on page edit.

How would storing it in the DB make it faster? It would need to make one more query on every page load then...

It isn't generating a new UID every time, it just doesn't use the UID at all...or that is what it is supposed to be doing. I never did look at the way the BBCode gets parsed in phpBB2(I looked a little in 3).
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

I'm not sure what the UID is used for excactly, but it gets used for everything. If it's stored in the database, let's say the forums table, you could extend the query, and not have an additional one. Look at the posts table, it also works that way ;)
LoganSix

Post by LoganSix »

EXreaction wrote: A table with ads would be nice, but I am afraid I will not add that to this mod. I like to keep it as simple as possible, and if I add that it will take much more work for just a little gain. :)

I understand.

Basically, my needs are for a system to track sponsors and what discounts/deals they are giving to my group. So, if I can keep it all in a database table, instead of a spread sheet, the easier for me. Then, if I can take that data and display in on the forum/web page, all the much better.

Thanks for the mod, it will be my starting point.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”