[2.0.20] Moderate Own Topics

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
57%
Very Good
43%
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 7

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.20] Moderate Own Topics

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Moderate Own Topics
Author: Kinfule
MOD Description: Allow Admins to grant users the ability to moderate their own topics using the PhpbB2 Auth system.

MOD Version: 1.0.2 (Updated 05/11/06)

Download File: mod_own_topic_1.0.2a.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 4944 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Similar to a feature coming in Olympus, this MOD allows the starter of a topic basic moderation tools to moderate their own topic.
Note that users are not granted these permissions immediately upon install; they have to be activated in the permissions admin panel(s) (change MOD to REG).
allan1956

Post by allan1956 »

Im trying to compare this to the Topic Permissions mod and if should support both.

Since no demo is available can you explain a bit more

- Allows users to :
Deletes posts
Edit posts (by others - assume edit by trails are made?)Llock topic
Move, split, merge?

Not usually mod actions but--
Ban members
Manage Access Permissions (Guest access, members only, etc)
allan1956

Post by allan1956 »

EDITING this post - It was recommended by Mod author as the bug details could be exploited.

Hi,

Im unclear on whats suppossed to be allowed and not allowed on the ModCP?

Also, and it may be me, but some of the control statements look odd
for example:
Early in mocdp the check:

Code: Select all

if ( !$is_auth['auth_mod'] && ( !$is_auth['auth_tmod'] && $topic_row['topic_poster'] != $userdata['user_id'] ) )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_Moderator'], $lang['Not_Authorised']);
}
Looks for TMod is Not allowed and the user is not the poster-
but if TMod is not allowed why does it matter if the user is not the poster?

Of course this check using $topic_row['topic_poster'] is not going to return a valid topic_poster when display a forum with more then one topic.

Actually, the only check this step is good for now is to prevent me drilling down into Topics in the list for which I am not the creater:

Code: Select all

if ( !$is_auth['auth_mod'] && !empty($topic_id) )
{ 
   if ( !$is_auth['auth_tmod']  || ($is_auth['auth_tmod'] && $topic_row['topic_poster'] != $userdata['user_id'] ))
  {
      message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_Moderator'], $lang['Not_Authorised']);
  }
}

More importantly, delete are being allowed because $is_auth['auth_delete'] is TRUE. The forum delete is set to REG, since I am logged in it allows me to delete any post in the forum.

All in all, these are just two examples, the logic on modCP does not seem very well worked out???
Kinfule

Post by Kinfule »

Ok update sent for aproval.

You can download the update instructions at:
http://usuarios.lycos.es/kinfule/download.php?id=13

I urge you to update as soon as possible.
My Mods:
Show Voters || Moderate Own Topics || Thanks Mod || Tibian Char BBcode || Tibian Guild BBCode
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM
allan1956

Post by allan1956 »

Deleted
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.2
See first post for Download Link
quibuz

Post by quibuz »

great mod
Hekate

Post by Hekate »

I installed it and everything seems to work.

However, I noticed that if the user that has started the topic and has moderation rights, edits another user's post in the thread, the usual edit line "edited by X, 1 times on xxx" does not appear.

Even if there are many answers under the edited post, the usual edit line does not appear.

This is a problem since the user with mod rights for own topic can change other users posts within his topic, without appearing to do so.

Is there a way to fix that? Either to remove the edit priviledge from the user who starts the topic or to make the edit line appear in the other users' posts, if the user edits them.
Hekate

Post by Hekate »

Yes, that's where I installed it - and it works alright.
Kinfule

Post by Kinfule »

Hekate wrote: I installed it and everything seems to work.

However, I noticed that if the user that has started the topic and has moderation rights, edits another user's post in the thread, the usual edit line "edited by X, 1 times on xxx" does not appear.

Even if there are many answers under the edited post, the usual edit line does not appear.

This is a problem since the user with mod rights for own topic can change other users posts within his topic, without appearing to do so.

Is there a way to fix that? Either to remove the edit priviledge from the user who starts the topic or to make the edit line appear in the other users' posts, if the user edits them.

Only to remove the user's topic mod priviliges for that forum.

But this is noted for the next version of the mod for when I start working on it.
My Mods:
Show Voters || Moderate Own Topics || Thanks Mod || Tibian Char BBcode || Tibian Guild BBCode
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM
amir abbas

Post by amir abbas »

Hekate wrote: Yes, that's where I installed it - and it works alright.

thanks a bunch :wink:
Hekate

Post by Hekate »

Kinfule wrote: But this is noted for the next version of the mod for when I start working on it.

Basically it is more a forum-politics issue than some bug in the code. In php the moderator or the administrator has the right to edit any post - and the edit line never appears under the edited message. Usually this is not a problem since the moderators are supposedly trusted and will not deny editing a post.

But when this priviledge is given to all users or at least a user group, someone perhaps might misuse it, even as a joke. So perhaps there could be an extra security option for that. Either to make the edit line appear or better that the admin should be able to see whether a post has been edited or not, in case the user with topic mod priviledges denies having done so.

I am not a programmer, so I have no idea how this sounds, and whether it practically can be done or not.
Hekate

Post by Hekate »

Another thing, I just found out: when a user is added into the group that has the right to modify own topics AND sees these at the end of the page:

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You can moderate your topics in this forum
You can moderate this forum

This one:
You can moderate your topics in this forum
is from the mod

But this one
You can moderate this forum
is not from the mod but the usual built in moderator access

The last, appears as a LINK
the user clicks and sees

Not Authorised

You are not a moderator of this forum.

I think this is a bug. Can you take a look to see if it can be fixed?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”