Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

Petter

Post by Petter » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:38 pm

edit

darenlam

error

Post by darenlam » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:50 am

Hi guys, i am getting the following error when i try to i install the calendar mod onto my forum.
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/www/...../install_cal/install.php on line 30

i went through all the changes taht i was supose to make to each individual file as indicated by the instructions.

can anyone help? thansk

MalcolmG

Post by MalcolmG » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:28 am

I installed this, and have had no problems with it, but a lot of users have the calendar entry details on the new topic forum not always showing up. I haven't been able to work out why, because it shows sometimes and doesn't show other times. The only other mods on the forum are a quick reply (the only effects the topic display AFAIK) and anti-spambot.

Any ideas what could be causing the problem?

MalcolmG

Post by MalcolmG » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:01 am

MalcolmG wrote: I installed this, and have had no problems with it, but a lot of users have the calendar entry details on the new topic forum not always showing up. I haven't been able to work out why, because it shows sometimes and doesn't show other times. The only other mods on the forum are a quick reply (the only effects the topic display AFAIK) and anti-spambot.

Any ideas what could be causing the problem?

ha! I feel like such a retard. There is a permissions control for who can post calendar events and some subforums were set to MOD. Sorted now!

Mr. Spoonman

Post by Mr. Spoonman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:37 am

Hi! :)

The mod works great for me but with one issue:

Server-Time: GMT+1
Board-Time: GMT+1
User-Time: GMT+1

September 22, 00:00 - 00:59 are shown as September 21 instead of September 22 in the calendar

"September 22, 01:00 - September 23, 00:59" is then shown as September 22.

The calendar switches the date to the next day one hour later as it should do - what can I do? :oops:

craiggiarc

Topic Search Results

Post by craiggiarc » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:46 pm

Topic Calendar installed and looking great....other than a problem with 'search_results_topics.tpl'. When I update this file and the search displaying the results as topics I get the following problem with the multiple 'Goto page' licks accross the top: -

The changes to 'search_results_posts.tpl' don't cause a problem though!

Any thoughts would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks in advance

Craig

craiggiarc

Recurring Events

Post by craiggiarc » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:40 pm

Also, is it possible to make a date recurring when posting a topic?

*UPDATE* - Just read that recurring events is not possible! Is it something that's in the pipeline though?
Last edited by craiggiarc on Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve39

Post by Steve39 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:55 pm

Hi.

Have installed this mod and I must say that it's excellent and exactly what I was looking for. :)

Just one question, is there any code/mod out there that will allow you to show a list of any up-coming calendar events on the main page of the forum?

Cheers,
Steve.

fudgonaut

Post by fudgonaut » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:48 pm

Hey all. Forgive me if this is a frequent or stupid mistake when installing this mod -- but I did some searches and could not find a solution for the issue I'm encountering. I installed Topic Calendar Using EasyMod then removed the install_cal folder from my server. Now I get the following error when I click on the Calendar option on my forum:
Failed obtaining forum access control lists

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'a.auth_cal' in 'field list'

SELECT a.forum_id, a.auth_view, a.auth_read, a.auth_post, a.auth_reply, a.auth_edit, a.auth_cal, a.auth_delete, a.auth_sticky, a.auth_announce, a.auth_vote, a.auth_pollcreate, a.auth_mod FROM phpbb_auth_access a, phpbb_user_group ug WHERE ug.user_id = 3 AND ug.user_pending = 0 AND a.group_id = ug.group_id

Line : 174
File : auth.php

Did I miss a step (or many steps)? Forgive my n00bness, any / all help is greatly appreciated!

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:29 am

> fudgonaut: don't trust easyMOD: recheck all the modification it has done to your board, then ensure all the files are in place.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:37 am

Ptirhiik, EM makes no mistakes. It does exactly what your MOD script tells it to do. Unfortunately, your COPY command is flawed and you only tell EM to upload the files in the root folder and none of the root's sub-folders or sub-files. EM doesn't make human errors. So if your MOD script is accurate, then EM will install the MOD exactly as you had hoped. It is not EM's fault if the MOD script is flawed...

If you read the error message above, you should have quickly seen that the Database Update has not been applied. Since you did not include the SQL updates in the MOD script, then EM has no way to run them for anyone. EM can't force people to read your Author's notes if you had included them, and run the DB Update file either. By leaving the SQL commands out of the MOD script, you made it possible for even more human error, not less. You can't blame EM for human error and flawed MOD scripts...

Where did you tell anyone in the Author's notes that a DB Update is necessary? I don't see those highly necessary instructions anywhere in this version of the Topic Calendar MOD script. Are you assuming that people would automatically know to do that???

You could have at least included a DIY INSTRUCTIONS section so that people would have a chance to read that a DB Update file needs to be run from their browsers. It would be nice to tell them to do this BEFORE installing the MOD. But since NO ONE READS AUTHOR'S NOTES, and since the SQL commands are not included in the MOD script, just about everyone has to learn the hard way and unfortunately, many start over not knowing how close they came to successfully getting the MOD installed...

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:26 am

> NightriderXP: I can comment long and large about easyMOD, but that's not the place. However, the usage of easyMOD is one of the main reason (hopefully not the only one) I now provide an "installed" pack for my mods. The copy command is correct, and I'm not responsible for easyMOD breaking its reading in the latest versions (on a side note, I made a large part of its coding in the earlier easyMOD versions as a contribution for Nuttzy), and I'm pretty sure it will be fixed in future versions. Then, I suggest you to install the mod on a test environment to understand how the installation process works: your assumption about a db_update to run is not correct.

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:14 am

fudgonaut: Did you remove the install_cal folder before you browsed your forum once?

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:32 pm

The copy command is not correct in that it instructs EM to copy ONLY the files and none of the sub-folders and sub-files. Ptirhiik, you know better, so I don't understand why you would intentionally make your MOD so that EM can't correctly install it. To fix your MOD, this is what you need to do:

OPEN
MOD-topic_calendar_122.txt

FIND

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ COPY ]------------------------------------------------
#
COPY root/*.* TO *.*
REPLACE WITH

#
#
COPY root/*.* TO *.*
COPY root/includes*.* TO includes/*.*
COPY root/install_cal/*.* TO install_cal/*.*
COPY root/install_cal/schemas/*.* TO install_cal/schemas/*.*
COPY root/language/lang_english/*.* TO language/lang_english/*.*
COPY root/templates/subSilver/*.* TO templates/subSilver/*.*
COPY root/templates/subSilver/images/*.* TO templates/subSilver/images/*.*
You write hundreds, perhaps thousands of lines of code in your MODs. Why you would get lazy about this is beyond me. ALL YOU NEED ARE 6 MORE LINES OF CODE TO FIX YOUR COPY COMMAND. Why would you resist and be stubborn about getting this right? All it does is force people who use EM, which is a lot of people, to come in here and make your VERY LONG TOPICS even that much longer. Why skimp on your MOD script when it is so easy to get it right? Are you paying extra for each line of code in your MOD scripts? It is totally illogical for you to skimp, knowing that it will make your life and the lives of others more difficult, unless that is your intent...

Gremlinn, fudgonaut didn't delete the install_cal folder after installing the MOD using EM. The install_cal folder was NEVER uploaded to his phpBB folder because Ptirhiik chose to skimp on his COPY commands, for whatever reason...

Ptirhiik used to understand this on previous versions of his MODs. For example, look at how he handled the COPY commands in TC 1.0.1. He didn't skimp there and the COPY commands worked correctly in EM and it made far more sense to those who manually installed his MODs:

#
#
copy calendar_body.tpl to templates/subBlack/calendar_body.tpl
copy calendar_box.tpl to templates/subBlack/calendar_box.tpl
copy calendar_overview_profil.tpl to templates/subBlack/calendar_overview_profil.tpl
copy calendar_overview_topic.tpl to templates/subBlack/calendar_overview_topic.tpl
copy calendar_scheduler_body.tpl to templates/subBlack/calendar_scheduler_body.tpl
copy graph.gif/folder_calendar.gif to templates/subBlack/images/folder_calendar.gif
copy graph.gif/icon_calendar.gif to templates/subBlack/images/icon_calendar.gif
copy graph.gif/icon_mini_calendar.gif to templates/subBlack/images/icon_mini_calendar.gif
copy graph.gif/icon_tiny_profile.gif to templates/subBlack/images/icon_tiny_profile.gif
copy graph.gif/icon_tiny_topic.gif to templates/subBlack/images/icon_tiny_topic.gif
copy graph.gif/icon_down_arrow.gif to templates/subBlack/images/icon_down_arrow.gif
copy graph.gif/icon_up_arrow.gif to templates/subBlack/images/icon_up_arrow.gif
copy mod-mods_settings/board_config_extend_body.tpl to templates/subBlack/admin/board_config_extend_body.tpl
copy mod-topics_list/topics_list_box.tpl to templates/subBlack/topics_list_box.tpl
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_announce_own.gif to templates/subBlack/images/folder_announce_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_announce_new_own.gif to templates/subBlack/images/folder_announce_new_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_own.gif to templates/subBlack/images/folder_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_new_own.gif to templates/subBlack/images/folder_new_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_hot_own.gif to templates/subBlack/images/folder_hot_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_new_hot_own.gif to templates/subBlack/images/folder_new_hot_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_lock_own.gif to templates/subBlack/images/folder_lock_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_lock_new_own.gif to templates/subBlack/images/folder_lock_new_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_sticky_own.gif to templates/subBlack/images/folder_sticky_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_sticky_new_own.gif to templates/subBlack/images/folder_sticky_new_own.gif
The following just doesn't cut it and Ptirhiik knows it. He just got lazy this time and it will cost a lot of people until he fixes it...

THIS IS WRONG and is guaranteed to cause a lot of people problems

#
#
COPY root/*.* TO *.*
Last edited by NightriderXP on Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Once more : the copy line is correct (or the mod won't have been validated by the mod team), the way easyMOD handles it has been broken in the latest easyMOD version. Older versions haven't this bug. As this is not relative to the mod but to easyMOD, I see no point of discuting this on this very topic: the easyMOD support forum (and the easyMOD bugs tracker) is a more appropriate place. And btw, it is not lazyness as you seems to pretend, but clarity: that's also why I assume the root/ directory is now part of the packaging policy.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”