Topic Calendar (regular phpBB edition)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
22%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 448

Taarish

Wrong Timezone displayed...

Post by Taarish » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:25 am

Hello!
First I apologize if the question was already asked in the past, but the search feature keeps getting me to a blank answer page :evil:

So, my problem is quite simple ! My board and all my users are set to GMT+2 timezone (I check the php_users table). But phpbb kept display "All times are in GMT - 10 Hours" ! 8O

After a very long search - I almost accused the Great Authors (the ones who wrote phpBB-The-Great, dear God, forgive me !) - I finally found the bug !
It's tricky one... inside Topic Calendar 1.2.2 (or in php, question of point of view) which use lang_extend_mac.php trick to load its languages data out of lang_extend_calendar.php...

Explaination:
PHPBB itself and a majority of the MODs use $lang['MYCONFIG'] = 'MYDATA' style to load the $lang array. But here TC used array_merge(), which is the guilty one : It handles numeric and non numeric keys differently.

Prior to the call of array_merge() : $lang['2'] == 'GMT +2 Hours', after : $lang['2'] == 'GMT -10 Hours' !!!
Nasty, isn't it ? :evil:

As a (fast and ugly) workaround, I changed :

Code: Select all

$lang = array_merge(empty($lang) ? array() : $lang, array(
to

$lang_TC = (array(
and added (at the end of lang_extend_calendar.php) :

foreach ($lang_TC as $k => $v) {
 $lang[$k] = $v;
}
...for each language of course :wink:

And now, everythin' is fine in my world ! :roll:
Hope this help reduce the number of bold men out of there who are loosing their hairs looking for this one...

Have a nice day and keep up the good work everyone,
Taarish afka Ludovic

Taarish

Internationalisation

Post by Taarish » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:17 am

Me again :oops:

Now, a very different topic ! A realize that week-day names are not translated...

I added a called to translate() around line 271 in class_calendar_settings.php

'LEGEND' => $calendar_api->translate($user->lang($legend)),
Seems to work...
Taarish

earle

Post by earle » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:46 am

can anyone help me with this, or point me in the directio of a tutorial, please?
earle wrote: Great mod, and easy to install.
does anyone know how I can edit the popup window that comes up when I hover over the calendar. Is it a tpl file?

I could do with removing the following info:

Forum: RAKKIT.com forums » PARTIES / EVENTS / GIGS
Author: rakkit
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:09 pm
Replies: 0
Views: 24

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:40 am

All front side output are based on a tpl. Here it is probably the calendar_overview_topic_js.tpl. calendar_overview_ stands for popupds, then come topic_ (or birthday_ ) for the event support object (so topics here), then js or txt, depending if you have js activated or not at users/config preferences.

twentyone

easymod

Post by twentyone » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:32 am

I'm verry sorry if my question was allredy answerd
but i dont want to scrol thrugh 300.... pages

now my problem is:

i installed the topic calender with easy mod
and after istallation i got the masssage

Please remove install_cal/ directory
so i did
but after this i still have this massage whats the problem????

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:16 am

NightriderXP wrote: So when do you plan on releasing a "fix" for EM so that it will comply with Ptirhiik's standards???

How can they be Ptirhiik's standards when they are MOD Team standards?
Ptirhiik, that is your opinion, which is not shared by thousands of other people who regularly use EM every day. Don't trash EM simply because you don't want to build your MODs to work with it...

I realy would prefer that people don't use EasyMOD in a production environment. For starters, it is in beta, that should be a red flag for anyone that it is going to be buggy and full of security problems which is the case.

No one post any replys to this topic anymore about this discussion on EasyMOD.
Eric

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:38 am

> TonyToaster:
noted for your two reports ($fmt in place of $date_fmt, & test of g/h). Your two fixes should be ok.

> Taarish:

- lang: only lang_extend files content are merged between each other, but they are not merged with lang_main/admin: have you put some numerics lang keys in your lang_extend_*.php ? Per default, there are none. If no, are you sure your files are up-to-date (especially the includes/class_calendar_backport.php, so the others if not uptodate) ?

- day name translation: the only cases the day names are not translated are:
o $lang['datetime'] is empty or is not an array,
o the language used by the user is set to english, or doesn't exists. Else the translation is performed by the class_calendar_api.translate() function with the content of the $lang['datetime'] array. Recheck this, you shouldn't have to add the user->lang() with translate().

darkoo

Post by darkoo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:14 pm

Hi all!

Can someone pls help me! I have googled for this error but found nothing..

Warning: main(./includes/class_calendar_init.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\common.php on line 233

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening './includes/class_calendar_init.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\common.php on line 233

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\common.php:233) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\includes\sessions.php on line 254

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\common.php:233) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\includes\sessions.php on line 255

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\common.php:233) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 584

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\common.php:233) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 586

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\common.php:233) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 587

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 591

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:49 pm

Warning: main(./includes/class_calendar_init.php) (../..)Permission denied
The error stands there: the file owner and/or the file CHMOD are to high in priviledge. Search for CHMOD and CHOWN on google: there are no reason the added files to be different than the core phpBB files in the includes/ directory.

Krulex

Post by Krulex » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:49 pm

Hi,

Topic Calendar changed my Admin Panel (only left frame = Menu) from german to english, how can i change it back to german?

appitecs

Post by appitecs » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:56 pm

Hi Ptirhiik, thnx for your MOD.

I've had this MOD installed a few weeks on my test server and it was working fine. Once I had come to fully test the forum the calendar date is now not inserting or updating to the DB.

I believe the AUTHs are set right (doing as admin doesn't make a difference) and the code is in the right place. I've check this 3 times :x .

I can manually update the DB entry and it shows on the calendar page.

Something else I've noticed, if logged as admin the calendar event setting is day:month:year but as a mod it is month:day:year (still doesn't work as mod either).

Sorry if you've answered this question before!

I've now even used WinMerge to compare mine with yours, which is just pointing out the other MODs installed as the difference.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:26 pm

> Krulex: maybe you didn't put the additional lang file in lang_german ? Actually, I'm rather surprised of such a issue. Check this, and if still not ok, verify all the modifications are in place,

> appitecs: maybe a tpl or a tpl cache issue ? Though, ensure the files are really uploaded: it is a very current issue to forget one, or to let the ftp choose between overwrite or not the file, and this always fails at a point or another. Also, ensure the config table has the entry mod_topic_calendar with the appropriate value: if the install_cal/ has not run on the prod server, the chances are very high the mod would not be functional. Regarding the date format, it depends your user time preferences and the lang used.

pghmtnbiker

Post by pghmtnbiker » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:16 am

thanks for such a great mod, and all the work...

quick question I couldn't find the answer to.

The "quick" calendar at the top of the page shows 7 days.
Sun - Sat
I designated Monday as my day for the week to begin. Why does the quick dropdown calendar start on Sunday. Is there any way to change this...preferrably it should display today + the next 6 days....but monday through sunday would be much better than sunday through sat

thanks jon

appitecs

Post by appitecs » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:49 am

The cache has been cleared on my PC (if that's wat u mean). All files are uploaded and they do overwrite. As I said it was working fine.

Also, the mod_topic_calendar is set to 1.2.2, which is right.

Is there any where I can put some error checking code and if so wat can I put, maybe in the posting.php. Is it right that the entry goes into DB on the validate function because I put a message die in there but it didn't seem to get called.

Thanks

Krulex

Post by Krulex » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:32 pm

the additional lang file is in lang_german...
board is in german, all is in german only Admin menu is in english

i will check all modifications

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”