ACP User Registration

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
74%
Very Good
19%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 31

cooleydd

Post by cooleydd » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:12 pm

Which means I am doing a bad job of explaining it.

It started with the fact that in the line of the screen asking a questions I see:

: (and then a long blank space to ) Yes No

There is no question to answer "Yes No" to.

In addition everything I see on the screen is as follows all in the proper box of course and spaced correctly:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Registration Information
Items marked with a * are required unless stated otherwise.
Username: * (BOX)
E-mail address: * (BOX)
Password: * (BOX)
Confirm password: * (BOX)

: Yes No
Submit Reset

Should there be additional things I am missing - Advanced for example.

Sorry to be such a bother - but this is all new to me although I am a very experienced computer user - but not coding (which I have always hated).

davidnice

Post by davidnice » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:47 pm

cooleydd wrote: Here are my actual changes - I am going blind trying to see what I did wrong <smile> but learning. Where is my error!!! PLEASE

I still have:
: (big space) Yes No

By the way I have added two additional spaces (making four) and no luck. The sample below only shows 2. All I see is the Registration Box, four boxes to fill in "Username", "Email address", "Passord", "Confirm password" There is nothing on Utilities, Bannings, etc. . Nothing more than the Yes no above.

$lang['Backup_DB'] = 'Backup Database';
$lang['Restore_DB'] = 'Restore Database';
// MOD: ACP User Registration
$lang['Register_User'] = 'Register User';
// END MOD: ACP User Registration

//
// Index

$lang['User_special'] = 'Special admin-only fields';
$lang['User_special_explain'] = 'These fields are not able to be modified by the users. Here you can set their status and other options that are not given to users.';

//
// Group Management
//

He said that looked correct but it didn't work right for me until I removed 1 of the 2 "empty" spaces.

cooleydd

Post by cooleydd » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:08 pm

David

There were two spaces their originally. I added two, than added one, left as is (2 spaces). and deleted one. changed nothing. So I have use 1, 2, 3 and 4 spaces.

davidnice

Post by davidnice » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:18 pm

cooleydd wrote: David

There were two spaces their originally. I added two, than added one, left as is (2 spaces). and deleted one. changed nothing. So I have use 1, 2, 3 and 4 spaces.

Now I'm lost too I just know where it said the 2 empty spaces had to be there , it didn't work right until I removed one of them. I don't know about adding all those spaces. I just remember following the exact instructions left 2 empty spaces and it didn't work right until I removed 1 of them with current version of MOD and current version of phpBB. Maybe there is something else wrong.

Maybe if you put everything back to original and started over you will find what went wrong as you apply it again. Maybe its a whole differnet thing. I don't have the MOD in front of me so I'm not sure.

cooleydd

Post by cooleydd » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:27 pm

Got it - very dumb me.

Where the directions under add said be sure the two spaces were there - well I did that

BUT

I forgot to add the rest of the MOD language.

Now up and running and feel really bad about taking every ones time.

I love it!!! Now id I could only add multiple users here at once.

herbalade

Post by herbalade » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:58 pm

You made my day!

Thank you for the excellent work!

herbalade team

herbalife

ScousePete

Post by ScousePete » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:14 pm

Fountain of Apples wrote: Adding the groups to the simple mode shouldn't be too difficult.

Does anyone know how to do this? I don't want to mess up this excellent script!

ScousePete

email?

Post by ScousePete » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:25 pm

Also, is it possible to make email an optional field in this mod? The ACP is the only place where registrations are made, so it wouldn't have to me changed elsewhere.

Boldbelvoir

Changing automated email notification.

Post by Boldbelvoir » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:23 pm

I have just installed this MOD and it works a treat. However, I would like to modify the wording of the automated email it sends out to the new user...

I which file do I find this text?

Cheers,

Phil.
Cheers, Phil

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:55 pm

Okay, turns out that Graham's insert_user class (which is built into this MOD) has had some security issues. He just posted an update about an hour and a half ago, and now the MOD Team is hitting up on me to fix this MOD because of the security blegh.

Therefore, just to get everyone to stop sending me private messages, I will be generating a release of ACP User Registration 1.0.1, which will be submitted to the MOD Database. The only change will be this fix, because I've abandoned this MOD, however I'm making a one-time exception for this fix.

If you want, you can fix this by downloading this MOD. Unzip it, and then copy functions_mod_user.php to includes/functions_mod_user.php, overwriting the previous one.

As stated above, this vuln only affects you if you are on a server with register_globals enabled. If register_globals is on, this vulnerability IS serious and you should do this step immediately! If register_globals for you is off, then this update is OPTIONAL, and there is no security risk on your board.

So, there you go, straight out of the exhausted cat's mouth. Next time there's a Saturday the 14th, I'm going to turn off my computer for the day and go mini-golfing. :D

Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:22 pm

MOD Updated to version 1.0.1
See first post for Download Link
Nocando is in Idontwanna county. No support via PM

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:35 pm

I also want my MODs validated so quick :lol:
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:35 pm

eviL<3 wrote: I also want my MODs validated so quick :lol:

Being remotely familiar with the MOD Team's policies, this MOD was only validated this quickly because of the big security thing (and also because I didn't change anything else).

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:33 am

Fountain of Apples wrote:
eviL<3 wrote:I also want my MODs validated so quick :lol:

Being remotely familiar with the MOD Team's policies, this MOD was only validated this quickly because of the big security thing (and also because I didn't change anything else).

I was just playing the jelous boy, of course i understand that security issues need to be fixed quickly!
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

davidkirk

Post by davidkirk » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:10 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this MOD. Makes my business soooo much easier. Actually, this MOD should be part of the vanilla phpBB install - it makes too much sense.

I am also curious which file I must access to edit the text sent out in emails.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”