Using CSS for faux columns in the header

This forum is now closed. Please ask all styles-related questions in the phpBB 3.0 Styles Support & Discussion Forum.
MoparTalk.co.uk

Using CSS for faux columns in the header

Post by MoparTalk.co.uk »

Just asking to avoid duplicating work - has anyone got a canned solution to using 'faux columns' in the header so that I can make a header image that stretches to the window width (something like this site uses for instance)?

Also, would it be an easy change to swap from left to right justified for the messageboard logo with that kind of setup? Is it possible to have an 'end piece' rather than the repeating image just running right to the edge of the forum?

Thanks in advance for any pointers :)
MoparTalk.co.uk

ok, I've got a nice general setup from elsewhere, should the additional css functions go in the subSilver.css file?
Greenweaver
Former Team Member

Post by Greenweaver »

If you have changed your style to use the file subSilver.css (You will know if you have did this or not) If you have not set that up then the css will go into the file 'overall_header.tpl'
Modage: Page Title Number MOD
Linkage: Find me at Styles Support & Discussion | Get a new style | Customise your style | phpBB userguide
Noteage:
Graphics requests to members over 20 posts and genuine phpbb requirements | I do not provide custom psd files
MoparTalk.co.uk

I'm using subSilver, just amending the header. Is subsilver.css used in a default install, or is it activated somehow? (if so I must have missed that bit of the documentation, lol)

Thanks for the help :)
Greenweaver
Former Team Member

Post by Greenweaver »

If you want to use the file subSilver.css you will need to follow this guide:
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=127

Remember the subSilver.css will not have the same style set up as you have currently because you have not made any chnages to it yet - so if you do decide to use it, be prepared to spend time setting it up to suit your style preferences.
Modage: Page Title Number MOD
Linkage: Find me at Styles Support & Discussion | Get a new style | Customise your style | phpBB userguide
Noteage:
Graphics requests to members over 20 posts and genuine phpbb requirements | I do not provide custom psd files
MoparTalk.co.uk

Thanks, its all starting to fall into place :)

Sorry for all these newbie questions, I've really only been copying and pasting my way through since 2.0.8 so I guess its about time I got on with learning to do things properly :D

Return to “[2.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion”