: WoW Character Mod
: Allows you to submit data to the forum database about your character in WoW. Other users can view your character info. Especially useful for WoW alliance forums.
Last Stable version
: 0.1.0 (Stable as far as I can tell)
Demo Username/Demo Password
: Probably best for you to register your own so you can make your character
I've written quite a few mods, but I've never released any. They've all been pretty much hardcoded, and anyone who's tried to modify them has had a hell of a time. So I'm trying to write this one with a correct syntax to phpBB, and to make it very user friendly. So any
suggestions/code fixes, no matter how minor, are welcome.
- Let users choose the image of their character
- Let users have multiple characters
- Create an automated avatar based on main char
- Make admin approval for changing of level (i.e. mods or people in a certain usergroup can confirm that PlayerX has reached level 2000 before it's shown
- Add in more general stuff (e.g. pets, spells, possibly items)
- Create a character list, that can be sorted by username, level, rank...
- Currently it only supports horde races/classes, as my guild is horde. Need to add in the alliance stuff too (scum
: (give me a yay or nay about what you think of them, if they're worth coding)
- UI (User Interface) mod for WoW, to automatically send data to the forum when your character does a specific action (i.e. levels up, gains a pet, etc).
- Dynamic looking character profile. For those of you who don't play, WoW allows you to change the look of your character when you create it. i.e. skin colour, facial looks, hair, etc. I could allow users to choose their characters stuff, so it actually ends up looking like their character on their character profile page.
- Dynamic avatar. I mentioned this above, but I'm still kind of unsure if it's worth it. Probably using GD library on the fly, it'd create an avatar with:
- An image of the character/characters race
- Put onto that image the level of your character
- Put onto the image your class/server info
That's my conceptual design for my mod
. I realize it sounds like a lot and looks like a little from the example site, but the actual core of the code is what I've been working on. I'm a coder, not a designer. On that note, if anyone wants to help out with the .tpl's, that'd be pretty nice
http://www.bladeguild.com/CharacterMod/ ... d_body.tpl
http://www.bladeguild.com/CharacterMod/ ... w_body.tpl
Thanks for reading guys!