[BETA] Topic Type MOD (Latest: 1.1.2)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
igami

Post by igami »

Edited - answered my own question ...

Thanks again for a great mod!
Kajin

Post by Kajin »

Holy crap! I've been searching for a mod like this for a while. I can't wait until this is released (too timid to try beta versions...) 8)
KE5EHI

Post by KE5EHI »

Any updates or a potential RC yet?
jorgediz

Post by jorgediz »

As this mod seems to be dead, is there any similar ones available? It was a great idea.
esserdk

Post by esserdk »

Thank you a lot for this mod :D :D
neurotik

Post by neurotik »

Has anyone had any luck getting this MOD to work with the version of phpBB that is included with PHP-Nuke? If so, could you please explain what you did in order to get it working, and if not, could anyone suggest a similar MOD for PHP-Nuke?
Ramon Fincken

Post by Ramon Fincken »

neurotik wrote: Has anyone had any luck getting this MOD to work with the version of phpBB that is included with PHP-Nuke? If so, could you please explain what you did in order to get it working, and if not, could anyone suggest a similar MOD for PHP-Nuke?

no please visit your local phpnuke support forum
Dutch quality fully managed WordPress hosting - ManagedWPHosting.nl

Before changing a file, some code or installing a MOD >> Make a backup first!

Do you like my mods? paypal me $1 :) forumsoftware[AT}creativepulses[DOT}nl [/size]
PhpBBantispam.com || Instant find your mod here
drumstix42

Re: [BETA] Topic Type MOD (Latest: 1.1.2)

Post by drumstix42 »

Anyone have a working link for the latest version:
Preview Version 1.2.0 [2.0.12] ?
GPHemsley
Name: Gordon Hemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

drumstix42 wrote:Anyone have a working link for the latest version:
Preview Version 1.2.0 [2.0.12] ?
I've updated the link to reflect the new structure of the CVS repository at SourceForge, but you should know that virtually zero work has been done on the MOD since 2005. It's not even guaranteed to work on the latest version of phpBB2 (are we up to 2.0.22 by now?).
x-fi6

Post by x-fi6 »

We're up to 3.0 RC3 right now. :P But yeah, the latest 2.0 release is 2.0.22.

Note that this MOD is long abandoned.
My site (along with a bunch of others') is:
http://www.zeldacastle.com/index.php
for just in case you need it. ;) Thanks.
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

x-fi6 wrote:Note that this MOD is long abandoned.
I think I would know the status of my own MOD, thank you very much. ;)

It's not abandoned. It's just... on indefinite hiatus. But I do hope to restart it for phpBB3 sometime in the future.
drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 »

That's ok. I've had the 2nd to latest version installed on my board with PCP+CH (older version) for the longest time, and it's gone through many phpBB updates, and some of my own. I was just trying to get my hands on the latest code, because I was sort of sick of having my custom topic type show between stickies, and announcements. I really,really wanted stickies to be up top with announcements (where they should be)!

Thanks for the quick reply :mrgreen:
Need a phpBB update or mod installed? PM me for any questions and pricing!
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )
GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

drumstix42 wrote:That's ok. I've had the 2nd to latest version installed on my board with PCP+CH (older version) for the longest time, and it's gone through many phpBB updates, and some of my own. I was just trying to get my hands on the latest code, because I was sort of sick of having my custom topic type show between stickies, and announcements. I really,really wanted stickies to be up top with announcements (where they should be)!

Thanks for the quick reply :mrgreen:
I was just looking through all the code in CVS to see if I could solve your problem. I noticed that the MOD (at least, the "stable" version), for the most part, really hasn't been updated since 2003. And my coding skills were reaaaally bad back then. I will really have to start all over when I pick development back up again.

And twice to give you a fix to your problem, I've realized that's just not possible without making major changes. (Have we been through this before? It seems to ring a bell.) The problem lies in the fact that special topics are of topic_type = 4, sticky topics are of topic_type = 1, and normal topics are of topic_type = 0. Any attempt to resort them would put them in an even worse order. The only alternative is to reverse the roles of Sticky and Special. (Does the version you have come with the admin panel feature with the language variables? That may help.)
drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 »

The one I have just has the one page in the admin panel that allows you set the displayed name of Announcments, Sticky's, and "Special". In mycase, Tutorial.

I tried looking at the newer verison, and combining them, and using the sorting feature, but with categories hierarchy and this topics_list mod with seperate topic types... it's just a heck a scramble of stuff.

I haven't been in the loop of my own forum's code in a few months, either, so it was little jambled. I almost got it to work, but normal topics stopped showing up, so I just reverted. I messed up somewhere a long the, but that's alright, cause I'll probably end up starting a new forum from scratch for when I start my websites "new image". Anyhow, if you can supply some kind of insight on the sorting possibility, would be interested still in seeing it.

*Edit* and yes, seems a bit of deja vu in this discussion ;)
Need a phpBB update or mod installed? PM me for any questions and pricing!
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”